Disney's WILDERNESS LODGE Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi everyone- looking for some guidance on my first split stay. We had originally booked WL for 12/16 a 12/21 with free dining. I definitely want the experience of WL for the holidays, but decided I also want to try something new and a little "special" for us, so now planning to do first three nights at WL and last two at another resort WITH RO Reservation. Our choices are CR tower with TPV or AKL CL. Price is comparable (about $50 a night more for CR) I've never stayed at CR or stayed CL anywhere, so both would be something new. Torn between the convenience of the monorail and wishes views at CR vs the peace, savannah views and CL perks at AKL. We'll be spending 12/20 at DTD, then MK at night, and 12/21 at AK prior to our evening departure. Any thoughts as to which would be more fun, more convenient, or a better follow-up to WL? TIA!

Hands down, my choice would be CR tower. I'm not a fan of AKL but have stayed at Bay Lake Towers and I/we loved it there. I've visited AKL and we've stayed at Kidani; I didn't like the "dark wood tones" and the "non-Disney feel" of either of them. There's nothing better than being that close to the MK! :tink:

Okay, I have a question regarding the deluxe rooms and club level. We are booked April 30th- May 8th in a deluxe room, myself, DH, DS (7), DD(5), DD(3). We are also travelling with my mother. The max amount of adults that can stay in a deluxe is 6 but we'd be too cramped all together and I feel like my mom needs some quiet, alone time so she has her own regular standard view room booked. Here's the question... Can she use Old Faithful Club with us since she technically could be in the Deluxe room with us? TIA for any and all info!

Hands down, my choice would be CR tower. I'm not a fan of AKL but have stayed at Bay Lake Towers and I/we loved it there. I've visited AKL and we've stayed at Kidani; I didn't like the "dark wood tones" and the "non-Disney feel" of either of them. There's nothing better than being that close to the MK! :tink:

Thanks, that really helps! Right now we have CR booked but of course I was second guessing. I may be a BIT obsessive about my Disney trips:). We stayed at Kidani this past June, and I liked it but felt like it was kinda far from everything. Think we'll stick with CR!

Thanks, that really helps! Right now we have CR booked but of course I was second guessing. I may be a BIT obsessive about my Disney trips:). We stayed at Kidani this past June, and I liked it but felt like it was kinda far from everything. Think we'll stick with CR!

You might get mixed reviews. I personally prefer AKL. We love that it is like a vacation within our vacation. I loved it. It is in my top 3 resorts for sure!! We prefer to stay in the Jambo House. Kidani has its perks too...first one on and off the bus.

You might get mixed reviews. I personally prefer AKL. We love that it is like a vacation within our vacation. I loved it. It is in my top 3 resorts for sure!! We prefer to stay in the Jambo House. Kidani has its perks too...first one on and off the bus.

Thanks! I love getting feedback, even if mixed:). I did like the feel of AKL and loved seeing the animals. 7 yo DD seems to have her heart set on CR, so that's probably what we'll do this time. But it's a tough one!

Just a quick trip report - we got back late last night, and I am still "processing"! ;)

We had visited WL prior to this trip, but never stayed there. After this trip, I'm not sure I can stay at any other Disney Resort!

We just love everything about WL. The ambiance, the CMs, the food, the room, the inside, the outside... we can't find anything negative to report. Wouldn't change a thing.

There was one incident with another guest while we were there - it was pretty late at night (I think it was Monday night?) and we were coming back from the parks. Our room was 1034, and we were going down the ramps to our room, and you could hear this guest shouting profanities and racial slurs and screaming at some poor CM(s) up in the AP area. He sounded intoxicated. We were basically chickens, and zipped on down the ramps and to the safety of our room. There were a few other guests who were walking down the ramps with us - they stood and listened longer. Some of the stuff that guest was saying was really horrible. We assume that security or local law enforcement probably had to be called before it was over, it was that intense.

We were talking with another guest who was staying at FW while in line for Hoop-Dee-Doo. We mentioned the trees being cut down, and he pointed out that it appears they may be thinning out some of the older and/or potentially diseased trees that could cause problems for healthy growth all over the property. Regardless, we didn't find the work done to be unsightly as first-time visitors to that area of the resort.

Otherwise, it really is the most charming place. We truly felt "at home", and this was the first time we ever actually ditched theme plans to just hang out at the Resort. We have never really wanted to hang out at the other Disney Resorts we have stayed at - they were, at the end of every day, just a place to keep our stuff, take a shower, and lay our heads at night.

Thanks to everyone here who answered our questions prior to the trip! I will forever call WL my Disney Home!

I'll be back to multi-quote later, but in the meantime...The Resort Information and FAQ threads have been moved back to their original home in the Disney Resorts forum and "Social Club" has been removed from all thread titles. I started a thread regarding these positive changes HERE.

Last edited:
:flower3:
I'll be back to multi-quote later, but in the meantime...The Resort Information and FAQ threads have been moved back to their original home in the Disney Resort forum and "Social Club" has been removed from all thread titles. I started a thread regarding these positive changes HERE.

Logic prevails!:ssst:

Many thanks, Kook for all that you do for this WL Resort Information and FAQ thread. Over the years, I've found it to be THE place to go for up-to-date, all-you-need-to-know info on the Lodge. It is the BEST! And so are you!:flower3::flower1:

For great information on the WL visit Humphrey's WL Pages on FB. They have the latest construction information, pics, answer questions, etc.

My apologies for the overdue multi-quoting.​

Sort of..... At the CL check in desk it was noticeable around 11am.

That's about the time of day I was there in late August and the scaffolding seemed to have been in the same general area as you posted and it was VERY LOUD in the lounge.

Thank you for posting all of your great photos and updates on your trip

I need a recommendation for a deluxe room. I booked today for 10 nights Feb/Mar 2016. We would like a full balcony, nice view and to avoid the construction as much as possible. The only times we have stayed here before was quite a while back in the VP suite when my dh and ds came also. This will be a mom and dd trip so we don't need the extra room. We stayed in a deluxe at BC this Feb/Mar. I'd like to put in a request to the IP as soon as possible. TIA!

ETA We will be staying CL so easier access to the lounge is important too.

Welcome to the thread!

All of the Deluxe rooms have CL access, however, none of the Deluxe rooms are on the 7th floor where the lounge is located. The 25 rooms are on floors 1-6 only. The Deluxe mid-Lodge rooms have unobstructed balconies. There is one normal-sized balcony off the living room and one 2-person, standing-only balcony off the bedroom. Some of the Deluxe rooms that are at the ends of the wings have obstructed balconies. The North Wing will be best since major construction will be taking place next to the South Wing.

There are interior and exterior Deluxe room photos and a location map in the DELUXE ROOM chapter hyperlinked in POST 1.

Leaving for WL tmw morning! I'll report back. So excited - know we won't sleep well!!!

How is/was your vacation?

One more week until we check in:yay:. But before we get there, this week is going to be crazy. I fly to FL for work late Monday night. Fly back home Wednesday night, then leave Thursday after work to drive 14hr straight through the night with 2 small kids going crazy in the back seat. Definitely ready for a vacation.

You are going to need a vacation after all that. Hope you're relaxing - finally.

I can't wait till our stay at WL Dec 6-11th. This has been my dream resort for christmas. Going to celebrate my very late 30th birthday with my husband. The best part for us is that we were able to get military rate.

Welcome to the thread and congratulations on booking your dream resort. The 40% off is wonderful and I'll add your dates to the Lodgers' Log.

Hi everybody!!! My daughter and I have been trying to pick a resort to stay for our Mother and Daughter trip to the World for the past four months!! At first, we thought about the Poly...did a lot of research and looked at the "pins" that my daughter always seem to be getting on her computer...I don't know how she does it but she seems to get at least once a month!!! Anyway...we then happened on to the Boardwalk and thought that was where we wanted to stay...same thing..research and "pins"!!!! Finally, she got around to telling me that she really would like to stay at the Wilderness Lodge!!!

I have stayed at the Poly and had some bad memories associated with it so I really didn't want to stay there...she came up with the perfect solution!!! So now we are planning our Sept. 2016 with the Wilderness Lodge! I am getting excited about the place. I know that the construction will be going on and I have no problem with it. I have been reading this thread and have decided that this is THE place for us!!! I have one question, though, a few years ago, (about 15 actually), we were there for the Whispering Canyon and the whole place was FREEZING!!!! Is it still that way? By the time we had walked across the lobby, I was looking for a sweatshirt in the store!!!! I don't mind a little cool but don't relish chopping the icicles off my nose again!!!

Welcome! It sounds like you and DD have found your new Disney home. WCC never seemed particularly freezing to me, but I make a habit of wearing a jacket around the resorts since the AC can make it so cold. Just bring a jacket with you and you'll be fine. I always look forward to wearing one of my Disney jackets at the resort on vacation.

Today I FINALLY booked WL Woods View room for 2 nights during our split stay birthday extravaganza trip the first week of December! We'll be in Disney from Dec 1-6, staying at All Star Sports from 12/1-12/4 and then FINALLY from 12/4-12/6 we'll be at the Wilderness Lodge taking in all the beautiful Christmas decorations! I can't contain my excitement!!

Yippee and congratulations on booking! I'll add your dates to the Log and let us know if you have any questions.

Just back and ready for another stay. I understand that heavy construction will be taking place around the beach and quite pool area but my wife put an idea in my head. Considering the dates of 12/10-12-13 for a short 4 day stay to visit Osborne lights before they leave. I see there are no AP of general public discounts for WL but my wife pointed out that AK is available with nicely discounted rates. she was trying to sell me on AKL CL for almost the same price as rack rate at WL standard room. I think the actual difference was like 50$ a night but not a big deal. What would you do?

Welcome back and just on principle, I would never-ever pay rack rate…anywhere. For your dates, is there a discount at one of the Epcot Resorts? Since you're going for Osborne, maybe you'd like being able to walk to DHS?

I have spoken up in that thread and I encourage everyone else to, too.

Just so no one is confused, that thread was removed that evening - POOF! And, it was gone...

Okay, I have a question regarding the deluxe rooms and club level. We are booked April 30th- May 8th in a deluxe room, myself, DH, DS (7), DD(5), DD(3). We are also travelling with my mother. The max amount of adults that can stay in a deluxe is 6 but we'd be too cramped all together and I feel like my mom needs some quiet, alone time so she has her own regular standard view room booked. Here's the question... Can she use Old Faithful Club with us since she technically could be in the Deluxe room with us? TIA for any and all info!

Only registered CL guests can access the 7th floor and the lounge. Have you thought about getting two (connecting) standard CL rooms instead of one Deluxe room and one non-CL room? This way you could all be on the 7th floor and DM would have full CL access and you'd all be steps from the lounge instead of on floors 1-6. You could put one child in DM's two queen room and you could request a bunk for the room with your other two children.

Just a quick trip report - we got back late last night, and I am still "processing"! ;)

We had visited WL prior to this trip, but never stayed there. After this trip, I'm not sure I can stay at any other Disney Resort!

We just love everything about WL. The ambiance, the CMs, the food, the room, the inside, the outside... we can't find anything negative to report. Wouldn't change a thing.

There was one incident with another guest while we were there - it was pretty late at night (I think it was Monday night?) and we were coming back from the parks. Our room was 1034, and we were going down the ramps to our room, and you could hear this guest shouting profanities and racial slurs and screaming at some poor CM(s) up in the AP area. He sounded intoxicated. We were basically chickens, and zipped on down the ramps and to the safety of our room. There were a few other guests who were walking down the ramps with us - they stood and listened longer. Some of the stuff that guest was saying was really horrible. We assume that security or local law enforcement probably had to be called before it was over, it was that intense.

We were talking with another guest who was staying at FW while in line for Hoop-Dee-Doo. We mentioned the trees being cut down, and he pointed out that it appears they may be thinning out some of the older and/or potentially diseased trees that could cause problems for healthy growth all over the property. Regardless, we didn't find the work done to be unsightly as first-time visitors to that area of the resort.

Otherwise, it really is the most charming place. We truly felt "at home", and this was the first time we ever actually ditched theme plans to just hang out at the Resort. We have never really wanted to hang out at the other Disney Resorts we have stayed at - they were, at the end of every day, just a place to keep our stuff, take a shower, and lay our heads at night.

Thanks to everyone here who answered our questions prior to the trip! I will forever call WL my Disney Home!

It's great you've found your Disney home:). What a scary encounter you had near TL. You never know what someone who's had too much might do when they start getting belligerent. I hope you get to book your next trip soon.

:flower3:

Logic prevails!:ssst:

Many thanks, Kook for all that you do for this WL Resort Information and FAQ thread. Over the years, I've found it to be THE place to go for up-to-date, all-you-need-to-know info on the Lodge. It is the BEST! And so are you!:flower3::flower1:

You're so kind, thank you for cheering me up and making this such a friendly and helpful place.

For great information on the WL visit Humphrey's WL Pages on FB. They have the latest construction information, pics, answer questions, etc.

I'm not registered on FB, so thank you for posting about the FB site.

Last edited:
finally all the traveling is over after driving straight through the night to get here. After a relaxing weekend at families house in Orlando we check in tomorrow at the lodge. I will check to see if any construction walls have started to go up as the original rumor was they would begin on the 4th. Let me know if anyone wants me to check anything out while we r there.

A week today we will be arriving at the Wilderness Lodge for 2 whole weeks! Woods view bunk room. It's been 15years. I'm just going to ugly cry in the lobby!

Two weeks?! What fun! Check in with us if you can.

finally all the traveling is over after driving straight through the night to get here. After a relaxing weekend at families house in Orlando we check in tomorrow at the lodge. I will check to see if any construction walls have started to go up as the original rumor was they would begin on the 4th. Let me know if anyone wants me to check anything out while we r there.

Get all rested up for WL and the parks! Thank you for offering to update us on the construction. I know we'd all love to see some current photos of any construction that may have started, (other than that perpetual scaffolding:sad2:).

Alright :). I have scored pre park opening breakfasts at Be Our Guest and Tusker House in November. Both are at 8:20 and it is the first time I've done stuff before opening :). I'm hoping a wonderful Disboarder can tell me what the bus/boat situation from Wilderness Lodge is to get us there on time :).

A week today we will be arriving at the Wilderness Lodge for 2 whole weeks! Woods view bunk room. It's been 15years. I'm just going to ugly cry in the lobby!

We check in one week from today too!!:cool1: We're only staying a week though and rented points so we're be in a studio villa. We've been to Disney before but never the WL. I've been planning this vacation for 1 1/2 years so I'm ready for it. So much to do before next Saturday though, it will be a busy week.

We check in one week from today too!!:cool1: We're only staying a week though and rented points so we're be in a studio villa. We've been to Disney before but never the WL. I've been planning this vacation for 1 1/2 years so I'm ready for it. So much to do before next Saturday though, it will be a busy week.

We have been trying to get back to the USA for 15 years! We had our honeymoon at the Lodge in 2000 and this trip has been booked since June 2014!!
My children's first trip to Disney!
Coming from Scotland.

Alright :). I have scored pre park opening breakfasts at Be Our Guest and Tusker House in November. Both are at 8:20 and it is the first time I've done stuff before opening :). I'm hoping a wonderful Disboarder can tell me what the bus/boat situation from Wilderness Lodge is to get us there on time :).

Every resort has early ADR buses that will get you where you need to be before park opening if you have an ADR. More info. on these buses is in the TRANSPORTATION chapter hyperlinked in POST 1.

It's so exciting that your first stay at WL is almost finally here! It's a good busy;)

We have been trying to get back to the USA for 15 years! We had our honeymoon at the Lodge in 2000 and this trip has been booked since June 2014!!
My children's first trip to Disney!
Coming from Scotland.

That's so exciting! It will be so nice sharing WL with your children.

Effective today, 4 October 2015, Tables in Wonderland membership cost increased by $50:

Screen Shot 2015-10-04 at 9.53.19 AM.png

We are staying at WL for the first time for 2 nights of a split stay next week. We are thinking of going to Trail's End for breakfast on our check out day, but I am a bit worried about transportation time . I see we should take the blue flag boat, but do they go directly to and from FW or is a on a loop with the Contemporary? If so, does anyone know the direction of the loop. Just concerned about having enough time to get back to the car at WL after breakfast and get to the airport. Thanks.

ETA Or maybe would it be smarter to just drive to FW and take their internal bus to Trail's End?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter