Disney's Vero beach

lyndeah

Mouseketeer
We are thinking about going there for spring break next year...

Would love everyone's opinion (good and bad) about the resort! what you loved and didnt love about it! Things to do for kids at the resort or nearby? restaurants? etc

thanks -- website doesnt give that much detail!

We stayed for two or three nights a few years back. That was good enough for us. We prefer the wide, expansive beach of the Gulf Coast versus the narrow beach at VB. There was a pretty good drop off a short way from the shore at VB. On the Gulf, you can go for a distance before you get to a deeper area.

VB was nice, just not our choice for a beach vacation.

We stayed at VB last August for 4 nights before our cruise. It was our first time to VB. Family DH, me and 3 sons (14, 16 and 20 at the time). We drove from WDW.

We stayed in a 2bed lock off in building 15 top floor, with some views of the ocean. We enjoyed the resort, but my sons are older and do not want to do much.

We enjoyed our first lunch when we arrived at the Green Cabin Room( I believe that's the name) when we arrived. We sat out on the porch, which is on the 2nd floor of the Inn. Food was great and the view was delicious!!!

We reserved our 2 chairs and umbrella for our 3 days at the beach on the first day. There were plenty of chairs etc. but I liked the spot on the beach. My boys rented boogie boards one day. Not a lot of waves, but fun. The water was warm....loved it. My sons and Dh went swimming in the evening....tons of fish. Later my sister tells me they were probably fleeing away from sharks!!!!

I went grocery shopping the first day. We ate dinner in our room 2 nights and went out once. We ate at restaurant at resort one night. We went to Fish Lips in Sebastian. Loved it. The outside not much to look at but once inside great water view and the place was hopping. Great seafood. I would definitely go back.

Pool was nice. We would go in after the beach on the way back to the villa. Very refreshing.

The resort is beautiful, the inn is beautiful. I was going to go to the spa, but never put that together.

We will definitely, be back. I liked it as a stop befor our cruises.

My family and I always start our Disney vacations off with a visit to VB. In the last 15 years, we have made about 8-10 visits to the resort, and we absolutely love it. Your kids will always have something to do (they have an activity guide and agenda everyday with different games, activities, sports, trivia, etc.). They know mom and dad want to relax too!

We stay 3 nights max. We usually get there mid day our first day, soak up some sun at the pool, hit up Shutter's or The Green Cabin Room for dinner, and relax. This trip is meant to just hang out at the beach and pool in a resort style setting, just without the parks and business of other resorts. Summer it can be busy, but I think your trip during spring break is usually not that occupied.

If you're looking for other things to do outside of the park, there's plenty (golf, food, bars). Look into Ocean Grille and Capt. Hiram's for off property eats! (We love it there.)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter