Disney's Snow Queen

Sarangel

<font color=red><font color=navy>Rumor has it ...<
I forget which thread devolved into a discussion about the Snow Queen, but I dug up an article about it here. The summery is that Snow Queen doesn't seem to be in production at the moment, but that Chicken Little and Rapunzel both are. This may, of course, change at any moment.

Sarangel

The rumor is 'Snow Queen' has been shut down. The entire project was basically an attempt to shift Glenn Keane over to computer animation after he finished Treasure Planet. Story problems and Glenn's increasing dislike for what Disney management is doing to Feature Animation all ended with the project put "on the back burner".

Did "Snow" die as well? It was such a stange concept for a movie . I just couldn't wrap my brain around Shaolin monks in place of the dwarves.

It's not... It's based on the Hans Christien Anderson Fairy Tale.

I know that The Snow Queen is based on the fairy tale. Snow was another project....

Thursday, September 19, 2002 Posted: 10:04 AM EDT (1404 GMT)

HOLLYWOOD, California (Reuters) -- Disney is negotiating with the Chinese choreographer of groundbreaking action films "The Matrix" and "Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon," to direct a live-action take on "Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs," Variety reports.

The project was until recently known as "Snow White and the Seven Shao Lin." (For the martial arts illiterate, that's a reference to the Shao Lin monks of China, who became masters of fighting concepts so they could better understand the source of violence and overcome it.)

The now-untitled family action-adventure picture will mark the English-language directing debut of Yuen Wo Ping, a major name in Asia who is currently wrapping up work for Quentin Tarantino on "Kill Bill," Yuen is already having helmed some 27 pictures there including recent Dimension import chopsocky "Iron Monkey" (originally released in 1993). He is also credited for having discovered such now-familiar talents as Michelle Yeoh, Jet Li and Jackie Chan.

The "Snow" update is set in the 1890s and follows a woman who returns home to Hong Kong to attend her father's funeral after 20 years abroad. She discovers that her stepmother is plotting against her and escapes to mainland China, where she seeks solace with seven Shao Lin monks who, in turn, come to believe the woman holds the fate of the world in her hands and protect her. Josh Harman and Scott Elder wrote the script

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts