Disney's Recycled Animation

Discussion in 'Disney Movies, Books, TV and Music' started by tweedlemom, Mar 21, 2010.

1. tweedlemom

tweedlemom DIS Veteran

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. katiebug86

katiebug86 DIS Veteran

OH wow I never noticed any of that before.

4. southernbelle20

southernbelle20 Mouseketeer

that's amazing! But who are the people who sit down to notice this stuff?

5. PK Disney Dork

PK Disney Dork Friends! Help! A guinea pig tricked me!

I dont' know if I'd define that as "recycled" animation. When I think of recycled animation the use and re-use of actual cells sequences over and over again in different cartoons comes to mind. What was shown in that video I think falls more into the...we have certain sequences we're comfortable with animating and since these movies came out fairly far apart most people will never see the similarities.

Except the Sleeping Beauty and Beauty and the Beast one...that I believe is a direct homage.

6. Eeee-va

Eeee-va Happiest robot on Earth

The commentary on the Beauty and the Beast DVD mentions the Sleeping Beauty one, though I believe the reason was less homage and more just being out of time.

Some of the others (but not all) do look quite "lifted" to me. In fairness at the part/s with the club--you know full well in ANY cartoon, when someone with a club is trying to hit one of the heroes, the most likely outcome is that the club will fall on a bad guy instead. :)

7. stevb

stevb Mouseketeer

Cool link! :thumbsup2