Disney's PORT ORLEANS RIVERSIDE RESORT Information & Questions

I would think that even if it turns out to be true that they are switching back to the handles, it will be a while. I'm sure they have a ton to get rid of, since no handles was probably the plan going forward. I get why people need the handles. I like to hang it on my backpack sometimes too, and if I had kids, it would be harder to carry mugs. I just find it interesting how much discussion there is over handles vs no handles.

I would think that even if it turns out to be true that they are switching back to the handles, it will be a while. I'm sure they have a ton to get rid of, since no handles was probably the plan going forward. I get why people need the handles. I like to hang it on my backpack sometimes too, and if I had kids, it would be harder to carry mugs. I just find it interesting how much discussion there is over handles vs no handles.

For families it's easier for one person to get everyone's drinks with the handles. You can carry 3-4 in one hand that way. Not sure how it will work with out them.

For families it's easier for one person to get everyone's drinks with the handles. You can carry 3-4 in one hand that way. Not sure how it will work with out them.

I understand it, it's just interesting what a huge controversy it has become. That's all I was saying.

I really can't believe that anyone even contemplated this change without actually spending ten minutes in any Disney food court and just watching how people normally use and carry their mugs. I can see no advantage whatsoever to removing the handles, apart from maybe a cent or two off the price (and let's face it, they probably cost a tiny amount to make anyway).

Andre

I really can't believe that anyone even contemplated this change without actually spending ten minutes in any Disney food court and just watching how people normally use and carry their mugs. I can see no advantage whatsoever to removing the handles, apart from maybe a cent or two off the price (and let's face it, they probably cost a tiny amount to make anyway).

Andre

Maybe it's easier for them to store? I would guess it's a money thing though.

Just got back today from a wonderful week at POR!!!! We requested and faxed room requests which were granted and were amazing! We had booked garden view and I requested 3 rooms close to each other and building 15 or 16. We have 3 rooms right next to each other and were in 16. Even had a partial pool view too!!!! We arrived at MCO at 10 and got our text saying our rooms were ready while on Magical Express!!! Loved the resort!!

Just got back today from a wonderful week at POR!!!! We requested and faxed room requests which were granted and were amazing! We had booked garden view and I requested 3 rooms close to each other and building 15 or 16. We have 3 rooms right next to each other and were in 16. Even had a partial pool view too!!!! We arrived at MCO at 10 and got our text saying our rooms were ready while on Magical Express!!! Loved the resort!!
Glad you had a wonderful time and got requests granted!

Reactions: TSM
Would like clarification, and sorry if this has been covered somewhere else... We would really like to stay in one of the royal rooms but we are a party of two adults and three kids. Can we get a cot for the third kid? Thanks in advance!

As far as I know depending on the kids ages but 5 cant stay in the royal guest rooms. I believe the youngest would have to be younger than 3 for you to stay in the RGR rooms.

Would like clarification, and sorry if this has been covered somewhere else... We would really like to stay in one of the royal rooms but we are a party of two adults and three kids. Can we get a cot for the third kid? Thanks in advance!

No. Unless as @Venomhatch said one of your children is under 3.

Andre

I agree completely!

The cups still didn't have handles this week. They do have carriers sitting out for you to use though.

Oh, well this is helpful!

Are the Royal rooms near the Lobby/Restaurants? Transportation?

Some parts are very close to the footbridge that leads over to the main facilities buildings, but some rooms are a bit more of a walk away. It just depends on where you get placed really. The best guarantee of not being too far away would be to book a Royal Pool View room, which are all pretty close to that bridge.

Andre

The great handle debate of 2016! :rotfl: I just keep thinking they'll actually fit in a backpack holder now or in the cupholder in my car!:banana:

We normally send our teenager out to fill all the mugs so the handles helped him, but if the carriers are provided I'm sure he'd manage.

The great handle debate of 2016! :rotfl: I just keep thinking they'll actually fit in a backpack holder now or in the cupholder in my car!:banana:

We normally send our teenager out to fill all the mugs so the handles helped him, but if the carriers are provided I'm sure he'd manage.
I have to say, I'm am really surprised how passionately some people felt about their handles. I bet Disney is surprised as well. The cup holders will definitely make things easier. But the cups without handles will fit easier in cup holders on strollers and in cars. I guess it would be nice to have the option of both.

I guess it would be nice to have the option of both.

Yes. In 2000 my parents came on a trip with us. We stayed at WL and at the time you could get the design with a handle (that we are familiar with) or a mug with a wider diameter.

Booked free dining bounceback a few days ago. POR Garden view 8/21-25/2017. So excited!!! :cheer2: I've always wanted to try POR...tried to get it for this past trip, but couldn't so we stayed at CSR instead. Can't wait to finally stay at POR!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter