Disney's PORT ORLEANS RIVERSIDE RESORT Information & Questions

Any advice on Royal Room choices? Is a view worth the upgrade? We'd like to be close to main building and bus stops.

I'd suggest getting a Pool View Royal Room then, as those are very nicely located for access to the footbridge to the main buildings, and also the buses. The price difference from standard Royal Rooms is pretty small too.

Andre

So I booked a garden view room could somebody tell me which possible section these would be in?
Alligator Bayou, Magnolia bend or other "areas" thank you

It could be either. I would call Disney to let them know which section and/or building you would prefer.

Another bus question for those who have visited POR recently. We have several very early morning ADRs and must use bus transportation. Will likely be in a mansion room since that is our request. Are we better off walking to South Depot or going to the nearest stop behind Magnolia Bend? Don't want to risk the bus being full before we can get on. Last trip we always walked to South Depot because I liked the screens announcing arrivals (they don't have those at other stops yet do they?) but it was always a mob scene first thing in the morning. Thanks in advance.

I would like to know this as well. We have an 8:05 at the Crystal Palace one day and a 8:10 at the Garden Grill. We are also staying in the mansions (Royal Guest Room). We requested Oak Terrace to be near the East Depot, but won't know until we get there. Which depot at what time?

I would like to know this as well. We have an 8:05 at the Crystal Palace one day and a 8:10 at the Garden Grill. We are also staying in the mansions (Royal Guest Room). We requested Oak Terrace to be near the East Depot, but won't know until we get there. Which depot at what time?

I would be at the closest bus stop to your room by 6:45.

Here now. Checked in yesterday.

Weather is beautiful today.

Fairly crowded at the resort but not insane. I'm not doing any parks for this quick trip.

Mickey head shampoo and conditioner in shower area and bar soap (blue wrapper in shower, orange wrapper by sink). Blushing orange fragrance. Very nice and clean.

Did not get any of my requests, which were high floor, corner room, AB section, standard view.

I got Mansion Terrace, ground floor. I opted for first available as it was already 2 pm and I had a Dis event at 3:45. So, no problem for me...must be flexible, right?

Sitting at the quiet pool by my room. Enjoying life.

I got Mansion Terrace, ground floor. I opted for first available as it was already 2 pm and I had a Dis event at 3:45. So, no problem for me...must be flexible, right?

Maybe see you around the resort - we'll be there tomorrow evening, in Oak Manor, the part closest to Magnolia Terrace somewhere near the river I think.

Andre

Here now. Checked in yesterday.

Weather is beautiful today.

Fairly crowded at the resort but not insane. I'm not doing any parks for this quick trip.

Mickey head shampoo and conditioner in shower area and bar soap (blue wrapper in shower, orange wrapper by sink). Blushing orange fragrance. Very nice and clean.

Did not get any of my requests, which were high floor, corner room, AB section, standard view.

Sitting at the quiet pool by my room. Enjoying life.
Magnolia Terrace is my fav building along with Acadian House! Enjoy this beautiful resort. Hope you have time to stroll along the river!
How hot is it? We leave for Ft Lauderdale in 1.5 weeks but won't be up in Wdw for 20 more days!

"Did not get any of my requests, which were high floor, corner room, AB section, standard view."

That is a lot of requests. I'm not quite surprised. You will love it over there though. When we do a request we pick one and always get it. Plus pixie Dust occasionally.

We might just cross over, we leave for home on 15 Aug.

Andre
That would be fun. We arrive (GF) 13 Aug.

"Did not get any of my requests, which were high floor, corner room, AB section, standard view."

That is a lot of requests. I'm not quite surprised. You will love it over there though. When we do a request we pick one and always get it. Plus pixie Dust occasionally.
She opted at check in for ready room, so all bets were off for requests. My last POR stay I had 3 requests, floor 2, corner room and river side of oak manor building :upsidedow. I got each request. POR room assignors Rock!

Can someone refresh my memory....does the gift shop sell loaves of bread? I remember I found loaves in the Wilderness Lodge gift shop, but I can't remember about Riverside's gift shop. Thanks in advance......I've got a kid who still likes an occasional PB sandwich.

Can someone refresh my memory....does the gift shop sell loaves of bread? I remember I found loaves in the Wilderness Lodge gift shop, but I can't remember about Riverside's gift shop. Thanks in advance......I've got a kid who still likes an occasional PB sandwich.
I'm family sure I've seen bread. The resorts that have DVC do have the best selection. So if you don't find what you want, it's easy to nip into a resort near a park you're at to have a look at their resort store.

I've been reading this board for months, as my 7 year old daughter and I are arriving at POR on Monday morning! So excited. We have a royal room booked with a garden view. I think I figured out that we would likely be in building 90 or 95. Is that correct? Also, we our flight gets in really early- 6:30 I believe. I put that getting to our room early was most important, but how likely do you think it is that we will actually get in super early? I brought swim suits in our carry on to tide us over until we can go in and rest! Thanks!

I've been reading this board for months, as my 7 year old daughter and I are arriving at POR on Monday morning! So excited. We have a royal room booked with a garden view. I think I figured out that we would likely be in building 90 or 95. Is that correct?

Not likely, but definitely. Royal rooms are located only in buildings 90 and 95.

Last edited:
I've been reading this board for months, as my 7 year old daughter and I are arriving at POR on Monday morning! So excited. We have a royal room booked with a garden view. I think I figured out that we would likely be in building 90 or 95. Is that correct? Also, we our flight gets in really early- 6:30 I believe. I put that getting to our room early was most important, but how likely do you think it is that we will actually get in super early? I brought swim suits in our carry on to tide us over until we can go in and rest! Thanks!
Two years ago (has it really been that long?) switched from SOG to POR at about 8:00 am and our room was ready. I think that it's possible if they know you are coming that early.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter