Disney's PORT ORLEANS RIVERSIDE RESORT Information & Questions

Hi all

I'm considering booking a trip here for next fall. I am going back and forth between a standard and royal room. My main concern is location. I would rather save the $ than pay extra for a royal room, but how far are the standard rooms from the lobby, food locations, etc? A little walk is ok but I was just wondering about how far they actually are.

Any info would be appreciated. Thanks.

I'm considering booking a trip here for next fall. I am going back and forth between a standard and royal room. My main concern is location. I would rather save the $ than pay extra for a royal room, but how far are the standard rooms from the lobby, food locations, etc? A little walk is ok but I was just wondering about how far they actually are.

Standard View rooms are scattered all around the resort, mostly out towards the parking lots which do tend to be some of the furthest rooms from the main building - but there are also some very nicely located Standard View rooms in buildings 16 and 17 for example. The worst possible case would be about a 600 yard (about 6 minutes) walk .

Andre

Thanks
Standard View rooms are scattered all around the resort, mostly out towards the parking lots which do tend to be some of the furthest rooms from the main building - but there are also some very nicely located Standard View rooms in buildings 16 and 17 for example. The worst possible case would be about a 600 yard (about 6 minutes) walk .

Andre
thanks so much. Are all the royal rooms located somewhat close to the main lobby and food locations?

Are all the royal rooms located somewhat close to the main lobby and food locations?

Not especially. Some of them are, but equally some are quite a distance away.

The best options for a guarantee of being close to the main building are (in order): Preferred Location, Royal Pool View, regular River View. The very closest room would be a River View in building 14, but of course you can't guarantee to get that particular location.

See the maps in www.portorleans.org/floorplans.php for a better idea of how the layout works and where the shortcut footbridges over the river are located.

Andre

Last edited:

Thanks

thanks so much. Are all the royal rooms located somewhat close to the main lobby and food locations?
Here's my take on it. We had a great (IMO) location for a Royal GV room in Oak manor facing front fountain. Very close to foot bridge over to main building. I prefer to use mansion bus depot behind mansion parking lot over the chaotic main depot.
We also had good location garden view rooms in regular non Royal mansions, either Acadian House or Magnolia Terrace. I ask for a location as close as possible to Old Man Island foot bridge for those buildings. I find they're pretty close to main buildings.

Just returned from our visit to POR ...its been awhile since we stayed there but loved going back and 1st time staying in the mansions. We stayed in Acadia House which was close to everything. The South depot was jam packed most days and not just in early morning. The bus times board only worked for our 1st day there and we found that it was easier to hop on at the north depot to guarantee we got on the bus. We also saw Yee haw Bob for the 1st time. Great trip can't wait to go back.

Just returned from our visit to POR ...its been awhile since we stayed there but loved going back and 1st time staying in the mansions. We stayed in Acadia House which was close to everything. The South depot was jam packed most days and not just in early morning. The bus times board only worked for our 1st day there and we found that it was easier to hop on at the north depot to guarantee we got on the bus. We also saw Yee haw Bob for the 1st time. Great trip can't wait to go back.
Love Acadian House location. We prefer using the North or East depot much better too. The Main Depot can get crazy. Especially since at that depot people queue up whether or not it's their bus coming, so you see your bus coming and get in the queue but now you're left to try and figure out if the people in front of you are getting on that bus or not :sad2:. People, if it's not your bus step aside so others can board!!!!

Dh tried to fax our request to POR all day today with no success, he kept getting a rejected message or a busy signal. Idk if it was on his end at work or a problem with POR's system. Anyone have any problem with faxes?

Dh tried to fax our request to POR all day today with no success, he kept getting a rejected message or a busy signal. Idk if it was on his end at work or a problem with POR's system. Anyone have any problem with faxes?

I sent one three days ago and it went through first attempt... Keep trying I guess? :)

Turned out to be a problem with dh's fax machine at work, I ended up having to use a free online fax service. Hopefully they got it! 4 days to go!

Arrived yesterday and have yet to see the resort! :-)
Drove in after spending the prior few days in St. Pete (Ft. Desoto area) and Cocoa Beach. Figured we had been to Florida a few times now since the girls were born and it was time to show them there there really was an ocean and gulf coast surrounding the state.
We had the rental to return, that I picked up in Tampa, but wanted to wait to return it at the Dolphin until we received our room text. So we parked near the lobby at 12:00 and hopped on the first bus to MK!
Now of course.... No sooner than we got there we received our text saying the room was ready:yay:
So..... waited 20 minutes for Small World and back to resort! Unloaded all into room, drove car to Dolphin then bussed it to Disney Springs to meet up with some friends who moved down from ILL awhile back.
I must say the Springs look great. Miss the old PI days but they are doing a great job.
So today is relax and chill around resort before processional tonight with Neil Patrick Haris. Here until Saturday so any requests on updates etc. Please let me know!
One last thing..... Huge shout out to Andre for putting in the time to maintain this board and his site. Have gotten so much from it just wanted to say thank you. Also to Sue M and all the others who contribute or just lurk like me. :yay:

Two friends and I are planning a trip to POR in early February! It will be our first stay. I've read a little about it but would love some insider tips on any unique features and attractions/things to do at the resort. :) Thanks in advance!

I just want to send my fax in already! I have to wait until Thursday. That to me is a key moment in the fact that vacation really is around the corner! I do not have any really insider tips but if you have time, make sure to walk around both portions of the resort. its just so nice to see all of the areas and overall of beautiful place

Just completed our online checkin! Getting excited. We booked a river view, which I don't really care about, but it was the only one available for the SPD. I am hoping we can stay in AB. I don't have much interest in the Mansions, and we want the murphy bed again. What do you think our chances are the first week of February of getting AB. I requested corner room and ground floor--it looks like the RV in the Mansions in those locations are limited by accessible rooms. I hope!

Hi all

I wouldn't pay extra for a Royal room if location if location is your biggest priority. We stayed at POR in August and honestly thought the Royal Rooms looked farther than most other room locations, definitely not any closer. We stayed in the one of the other mansions and felt like we had a really nice room (we paid for a garden view) in terms of distance to the food court/pool and the bus stop.

Hi all

We stayed at POR for the first time this past January (2015) and stayed in a Royal Room (Number 9742) honestly it was a very quick walk to the main building/food court and the bus station (at the main building). I would stay there again in a heartbeat. And the rooms were BEAUTIFUL! The whole resort is now one of my favorites.

Best of luck!

Hi all

last trip I was in building 35 in a back room facing the parking lot. I think its one of the furthest rooms haha. I was 6 months pregnant and even though it was a bit of a walk especially after a long day at the park, I didn't really feel that it was terrible. if someone in your party has some mobility issues then it may be something to consider but otherwise I really wouldn't worry about it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!