Disney's PORT ORLEANS FRENCH QUARTER RESORT Information & Questions

We booked a Garden view because I really didn't want a view of a parking lot (or the pool, honestly) but we like a King too. I know that King was an option for booking, but Garden was more of a priority for us.

As you say, King Bed is actually a bookable option, so if they do give you one then they would be giving you a free category upgrade. That's not to say it can't happen, but you need to treat it the same way as any other hopeful request for something you didn't actually pay for. I would definitely send them a fax about 3-5 days before you arrive to reinfornce the request, and keep your fingers crossed.

There are not many King Bed rooms at FQ with parking lot views (and almost all of those are wheelchair accessable rooms anyway) and ALL of the King rooms of FQ are corner rooms too which is nice. So it might be better for you to change your booking to King Bed category and then request a nice view (you could even be offered a river view within the King Bed booking catgeory).

Andre

As you say, King Bed is actually a bookable option, so if they do give you one then they would be giving you a free category upgrade. That's not to say it can't happen, but you need to treat it the same way as any other hopeful request for something you didn't actually pay for. I would definitely send them a fax about 3-5 days before you arrive to reinfornce the request, and keep your fingers crossed.

There are not many King Bed rooms at FQ with parking lot views (and almost all of those are wheelchair accessable rooms anyway) and ALL of the King rooms of FQ are corner rooms too which is nice. So it might be better for you to change your booking to King Bed category and then request a nice view (you could even be offered a river view within the King Bed booking catgeory).

Andre
This was going to be my suggestion too.
DH and I pick the Mods, and PO resorts specifically, because we can book King rooms, instead of having to rely on wishing.
We book King and then request the view we like. We've gotten it every single time. Luck maybe but if I was picking between 2 things to request, view or an upgrade, I'd go with the view. The upgrade is less likely just because an upgrade in rooms happen less often than their filling a request does, if that makes sense.

Plus, realize with PO resorts your view is out a window that you'd have to leave open while people walk by and look in (possibly). While I do like to request garden or river views and we do leave our window open it's not the same as a Deluxe with a patio/balcony to go out on. A standard view isn't going to make or break things for this reason alone.

I have been debating on standard or garden view. I was thinking it is not like we will be sitting on a balcony or patio to enjoy the view if we choose standard. But it is nice to walk out the room to a beautiful garden view.

I have been debating on standard or garden view. I was thinking it is not like we will be sitting on a balcony or patio to enjoy the view if we choose standard. But it is nice to walk out the room to a beautiful garden view.

Go on Touring Plans and look at their pictures of room views. They have taken a picture of the room view from each room on the property. I was really surprised to see how little difference there is from a standard view room and a garden view room. There are some standard rooms with distant parking lots, driveways, or stairs- but for the most part it was hard to tell the difference between views.

Due to the layout of the resort, even if you did see a parking lot you'd turn your head and see river/pool/garden too. I don't think the difference is significant at all. Trust me too, view is very important to me, no matter what category I pick. So I do understand. It's easy to make it worse in your mind than it works out to be in practice.

Due to the layout of the resort, even if you did see a parking lot you'd turn your head and see river/pool/garden too. I don't think the difference is significant at all. Trust me too, view is very important to me, no matter what category I pick. So I do understand. It's easy to make it worse in your mind than it works out to be in practice.
I know that we do not sit in the room and look out at the view unless we have a balcony or patio to sit at drinking coffee in the morning. So we would probably walk out of a standard room and be on our way. I doubt we will look out the window much.

It is nice, but is is nice enough when you factor in the cost? I like a view as well, but because of the way these resorts are situated, unless you stand outdoors you really do not have one. I paid one time, realized I did not get a return on that investment and never did at a mod again. I step outside and find a spot to relax and enjoy the view for free.

Excited! I just booked my late January trip at POFQ. I really hope the food court is done by then :p. This trip will be spent mostly at MK and the Springs, so I think POFQ is a good location. Hoping for building 4 or 7 (just like the location in regards to parking and transportation) but will just be happy to be there.

Excited! I just booked my late January trip at POFQ. I really hope the food court is done by then :p. This trip will be spent mostly at MK and the Springs, so I think POFQ is a good location. Hoping for building 4 or 7 (just like the location in regards to parking and transportation) but will just be happy to be there.
Based on what we saw last month and posts since I would be stunned if the foodcourt wasn't done by December. We had building 7 the last 2 trips and really liked it since we usually walk up to POR a few times a visit. The boat to DS is great and it is no longer shared with POR starting in the late afternoon (last month it was from 4:30 on). Bus time to MK was under 15 minutes.They now have the monitors at POFQ which we found to be pretty accurate.

It is nice, but is is nice enough when you factor in the cost? I like a view as well, but because of the way these resorts are situated, unless you stand outdoors you really do not have one. I paid one time, realized I did not get a return on that investment and never did at a mod again. I step outside and find a spot to relax and enjoy the view for free.
I think standard would be fine and like you said we can just go outside and see the view for free.

I think standard would be fine and like you said we can just go outside and see the view for free.

And that view is absolutely stunning. I love to sit on a bench and just watch the river, or in front of the fountain. It is so serene.

I will say that my favorite pastime was the water taxi at night when the old treehouses were still standing. It was like riding through a fairy tale.

Can't wait to see pictures of the new food court! We briefly toyed with the idea of going back to WDW in April or May 2017, and going to POFQ for the first time (stayed at POR previous trips), but really can't swing it this year. I'm compensating by reading all reports on here! :)

I was just coming to report they sent me a resort arrival (we arrive 11/22) email today and it mentioned the food court being open

Just stayed here last Friday & Saturday! LOVED IT! We will def be coming back here! The room was beautiful & comfortable. We booked a king bed room. I wish we would've spent more time at the resort but it was a quick food & wine trip! The splash pad area looked awesome & my kids would totally love it! I so wish they had rooms for 5!

The food court was still closed as of Sunday. The temporary was fine, had enough seating & all we needed though the biscuits and gravy were awful and my Mickey waffle wasn't great either. The beignets were fantastic!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter