Disney's PORT ORLEANS FRENCH QUARTER RESORT Information & Questions

Are the Freestyle machines using the chips or just an honor system? I'm switching to Coronado Springs my last night and I want to make sure my mug works there.

Honor system. And between you and me (shhhhh..... :) ) I believe that may continue to be the case once the eight permanent machines are installed in the new food court.

Andre

Here now. To answer the question of how many Coke freestyle machines are in the temporary food court space, there are three.

Last edited:
Honor system. And between you and me (shhhhh..... :) ) I believe that may continue to be the case once the eight permanent machines are installed in the new food court.

Andre

The chips now work in the freestyle machines in the same way as they did in the old style soda machines. Got the message a couple of times that we had to wait x minutes for next refill when we filled it with something that we turned out not to like.

As an aside we had no issues with the temp food court, most of the time it was quiet and they were very quick to bring out the hot food ordered. There was only one morning it was overly crowded (around 9;15 on Saturday) when the line to order hot food was long and it took around 15 minutes to arrive but you could see that in any food court at peak times.

Will be there 1st week of December. And this seems silly but...
Do they have coffee in the temporary food court.
Just asking because I'm a much nicer person when I get some.

What would the most convenient car rental place be to POFQ?

Most of the companies will pick you up, but if you want to make your own way to the rental office Dollar would probably be easiest - take the boat to Disney Springs and their pickup location is in the first hotel across the street at the end of Hotel Plaza Boulevard (Wyndham Resort Hotel).

Do they have coffee in the temporary food court.

Yes they do, but by the first week in December the regular food court should hopefully have reopened anyway.

Andre

Here now. To answer the question of how many Coke freestyle machines are in the temporary food court space, there are three.
If you don't mind, could you ask someone if they have heard of a completion date for the food court? Thanks!

If you don't mind, could you ask someone if they have heard of a completion date for the food court? Thanks!
I just spoke to a gentleman in the lobby area (management perhaps, wearing a tie) and asked when they expected the food court to be complete. He said mid-November and I repeated it to make sure I'd heard correctly. Take it for what it's worth since when it comes to construction, delays are always possible. He said the space had been completely dismantled including taking the flooring out down to dirt. Glimpses into the space are possible when walking by the construction entrance and the past couple of days they look to be installing what appears to be metal studs.

Probably asked here somewhere in the zillion pages, and currently may be different due to food court refurb, but is it possible to buy cases of water at the shop? And how steep is the price? I'm not going there long enough to place a big enough order to make garden grocer worthwhile and I'm UK so I can't use Amazon prime pantry

Andre

As pp mentioned above, it is no longer an honor system - got back Monday and we had to place the mug just right to connect the chip. There were 3 coke machines. There was also coffee and iced tea... there was a hot chocolate machine, but it was often broken during our week there. Overall the temporary food court worked just fine.

This was our first stay at FQ and we really enjoyed it. We flew in on a red-eye, arrived at the resort at 7am and they put us right into a room! So nice. Ordered groceries from Amazon PrimeNOW - bell services called as soon as it arrived (you can tell since I got a text from Amazon that it was delivered and right after got called from bell services!) and they brought it right up to me. Super easy, ended up ordering again mid-trip as we were out of water!

Loved the pool. Loved that the laundry was by the main pool (since there aren't quiet pools) so we could do the pool with slides while waiting for laundry. DH loved all the pokemonGO he caught around the resort, lol.

The bus system worked really really well for us - leaving the resort we only waited once for more than 5 minutes. Returning from MK and AK (post Blizzard Beach) mid-day the wait was about 15 minutes. I do wish they had a better system for busing to Blizzard Beach, but that is not a resort specific problem. The screen showing bus arrival times was very accurate during our stay- wish they had these at the parks to give you an idea of the need to rush to your stop or not!

Our room did not have a hair dryer anywhere to be found - I searched everywhere before unpacking. Turned out my curly hair loves Orlando so it wasn't really needed, so I didn't call.

Gift Shop employees were VERY helpful with exchanging our leftover DP meals into snacks to take home. Super willing to help me get the most out of it, even cheering me on, lol!

Probably asked here somewhere in the zillion pages, and currently may be different due to food court refurb, but is it possible to buy cases of water at the shop? And how steep is the price?

It was asked (and answered) on the previous page. ;) Post #4834.

Here now...

Food court is working well.

Bus to and from DS Wednesday night was shared and boats were down due to weather. Wasn't expecting the sharing with boats being down, if boats weren't down I would've expected a shared bus.

Slightly annoyed and need to figure out who to vent/ complain too. I'm not normally a complainer but 3 times my requests with mousekeeping hasn't been met. I called twice before arriving to confirm that a play pen be put into the room before check in ( we drove 8 hours and my baby needed a nap space) and there was extra shampoo/conditioner/ soap and coffee at check in. Each time we were told problem. Arrived Wednesday and nothing. So I called once we got to the room and they said they would be right up with everything...between an hour and hour and a half later they arrive with the pack and play. I'm givi a bag that I assume has the extra stuff I requested...I open the bag after they leave (mind you I have a cranky 1 year old running around) and see 2 extra coffee pods and some toilet paper and tissues. So yesterday I leave a note on the door with my wishes and to leave at the door...We come back and there's a bag filled with towels and 1 thing of shampoo, 1 conditioner, 1 bar soap. Still no extra coffee.

We typically do not use mousekeeping on shorter trips like this so I have stuff dropped off and we like coffee in the room (don't feel like trekking out for coffee in my PJs).:coffee:

So I guess I leave another note and call again to get coffee and shampoo/conditioner ...since we are out of coffee and will be out of shampoo after the morning showers.

Then last night we come back from MK to have my DS first birthday party and cake. I ordered the cake through the cake hotline and they tell me to just pick it up at the food court, I ask/double check about the food court thing and the cake hotline says yup no problem they'll have it and they done this before. I go to food court and am told they have no cake and basically tell me I'm crazy and wrong. :furious:

Off to the front desk I go...I ask there and they again tell me I'm wrong and misinformed. I ask to speak to someone else and I am again told the same thing and cakes aren't delivered to resorts but only restaurants in parks. I insist they check EVERYWHERE in the hotel and talk to EVERYONE and figure this out as I have the charge on my card. So after about 20-30 minutes I see a person walk out with my cake. Then they ask if I need the usual plates, silver wear, candles (wait I thought they don't do cakes here so how can this not happen but also be the usual??:sad2:). I say yes of course, so 10 minutes later I get them.

Once we got everything the party went great and my little guy had a blast.

Would anyone have a contact name or number I can talk to about the cake situation? I don't want someone else to go through what I did and have mini heart attack. When we pay the type of money you do for everything Disney it's frustrating to deal with..I was about in tears.

Here now...

Bus to and from DS Wednesday night was shared and boats were down due to weather. Wasn't expecting the sharing with boats being down, if boats weren't down I would've expected a shared bus.

Slightly annoyed and need to figure out who to vent/ complain too. I'm not normally a complainer but 3 times my requests with mousekeeping hasn't been met. I called twice before arriving to confirm that a play pen be put into the room before check in ( we drove 8 hours and my baby needed a nap space) and there was extra shampoo/conditioner/ soap and coffee at check in. Each time we were told problem. Arrived Wednesday and nothing. So I called once we got to the room and they said they would be right up with everything...between an hour and hour and a half later they arrive with the pack and play. I'm givi a bag that I assume has the extra stuff I requested...I open the bag after they leave (mind you I have a cranky 1 year old running around) and see 2 extra coffee pods and some toilet paper and tissues. So yesterday I leave a note on the door with my wishes and to leave at the door...We come back and there's a bag filled with towels and 1 thing of shampoo, 1 conditioner, 1 bar soap. Still no extra coffee.

We typically do not use mousekeeping on shorter trips like this so I have stuff dropped off and we like coffee in the room (don't feel like trekking out for coffee in my PJs).:coffee:

So I guess I leave another note and call again to get coffee and shampoo/conditioner ...since we are out of coffee and will be out of shampoo after the morning showers.

Then last night we come back from MK to have my DS first birthday party and cake. I ordered the cake through the cake hotline and they tell me to just pick it up at the food court, I ask/double check about the food court thing and the cake hotline says yup no problem they'll have it and they done this before. I go to food court and am told they have no cake and basically tell me I'm crazy and wrong. :furious:

Off to the front desk I go...I ask there and they again tell me I'm wrong and misinformed. I ask to speak to someone else and I am again told the same thing and cakes aren't delivered to resorts but only restaurants in parks. I insist they check EVERYWHERE in the hotel and talk to EVERYONE and figure this out as I have the charge on my card. So after about 20-30 minutes I see a person walk out with my cake. Then they ask if I need the usual plates, silver wear, candles (wait I thought they don't do cakes here so how can this not happen but also be the usual??:sad2:). I say yes of course, so 10 minutes later I get them.

Would anyone have a contact name or number I can talk to about the cake situation? I don't want someone else to go through what I did and have mini heart attack. When we pay the type of money you do for everything Disney it's frustrating to deal with..I was about in tears.
Why not just walk up to a cart around the resort and ask a Housekeeper for what you need?

I'll be arriving late Sunday, so excited.
Have fun! Ask about the food court completion, if you don't mind
I just spoke to a gentleman in the lobby area (management perhaps, wearing a tie) and asked when they expected the food court to be complete. He said mid-November and I repeated it to make sure I'd heard correctly. Take it for what it's worth since when it comes to construction, delays are always possible. He said the space had been completely dismantled including taking the flooring out down to dirt. Glimpses into the space are possible when walking by the construction entrance and the past couple of days they look to be installing what appears to be metal studs.
Thanks for asking them. Much appreciated!

I'll just keep my fingers crossed but expect it won't be completed - then I won't be disappointed. Never did receive a letter about the construction.

As pp mentioned above, it is no longer an honor system - got back Monday and we had to place the mug just right to connect the chip. There were 3 coke machines. There was also coffee and iced tea... there was a hot chocolate machine, but it was often broken during our week there. Overall the temporary food court worked just fine.

Glad to hear there is iced tea!

Have fun! Ask about the food court completion, if you don't mind

Thanks for asking them. Much appreciated!

I'll just keep my fingers crossed but expect it won't be completed - then I won't be disappointed. Never did receive a letter about the construction.
Me either. I check on on 11/22 and nothing. I was there in August and we did get a letter before that trip.
We rarely eat in the food court, other than a couple of breakfasts so in the end it was of no impact. Breakfast, even early in time to make rope drop, was super quick and easy.
Do you plan to eat a lot of meals in there?

Hi all! I booked POFQ for our upcoming February trip with the Disney visa discount that recently came out. I originally booked standard view, but called back the next day and changed to garden view for $20 more- couldn't stand the thought of looking at a parking lot! It is just me and my DD(12) and we have never stayed at or visited the POR/POFQ resorts so we are really excited to check everything out and take the boat to DS! Since the resort is so small, I don't think I'll request a certain building, but was thinking top floor and corner room would be my two requests. Looking forward to reading through this thread and have also been checking out the PO website!

Here now...

I don't have the cake people's info, but after being extremely disappointed with several mess-ups during our trip in April, I wrote to this email address:

wdw.guest.communications@disneyworld.com

They called me within a day or so of the letter, and apologized, and actually made an offer of compensation with a free night on our next trip. They handled the situation very well, and were very happy to get my feedback. I would suggest that you send a note to them when you get home (probably can't help right now) if you can't find anyone to talk to while you are there. I know they will call you to talk about it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter