Disney's POP CENTURY RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is kind of a crazy question. But can you bring drinks on the bus? I know you're not supposed to eat or drink on the bus to the parks but can you have your refillable mug with drink in your hand? Or even one of the to-go cups? I've always wondered this and didn't know if you'd have to throw it away or pour it out before getting on the bus. Thanks!

can you bring drinks on the bus? I know you're not supposed to eat or drink on the bus to the parks but can you have your refillable mug with drink in your hand? Or even one of the to-go cups?

Yes. You are welcome to have drinks in hand but are asked not to consume them on the bus. I often fill up my mug at the resort before lining up for the bus.

We got into the Princess Half Marathon weekend and booked our stay last night. Squee.

Very excited to spend a non-Parks weekend at the hotel and enjoying Disney Springs.

This is kind of a crazy question. But can you bring drinks on the bus? I know you're not supposed to eat or drink on the bus to the parks but can you have your refillable mug with drink in your hand? Or even one of the to-go cups? I've always wondered this and didn't know if you'd have to throw it away or pour it out before getting on the bus. Thanks!
Yep. I like to get coffee in the morning and take it with me to the park. The downside to it is lugging the cup around the park for the day. I finally figured out that i can undo my belt and put it through the handle and carry it that way, but it is still a pain.
Side non resort question, but do the parks have inexpensive lockers that i can stash my cup on my way into the park and pick it up on the way back?

Yep. I like to get coffee in the morning and take it with me to the park. The downside to it is lugging the cup around the park for the day. I finally figured out that i can undo my belt and put it through the handle and carry it that way, but it is still a pain.
Side non resort question, but do the parks have inexpensive lockers that i can stash my cup on my way into the park and pick it up on the way back?
Yes. If you park hop, you only have to pay for the locker at one park and then show the receipt at the next park and they will give you another locker there.

If the vessel has a secure top or lid to prevent the liquid from spilling on the bus,that is fine.

I'm not normally a Starbucks fan @disneykelly (Canadian Tim Horton's gal here) but even a large Starbucks coffee is only $2.69 so I may buy that occasionally on our trip this fall. Also saves me carrying the mug on the bus and through security.

Just another option. :)
I do not care for Starbucks :(
Better plan, go to the foodcourt early enough to enjoy the slightly better coffee there :D

I do not care for Starbucks :(
Better plan, go to the foodcourt early enough to enjoy the slightly better coffee there :D

Another option if your room is a hike from the food court is to put the mugs in a locker in the changing/bathrooms by the main pool. We did that numerous times on one trip when our room was a long walk from the refill stations. We'd drop them in there in the morning before leaving and then pick them up when we got back. It was a quick walk back into the food court to refill. Those lockers are cheap -- $1.50 the last time I checked. I don't know if they lock those bathrooms at a certain time of the night -- so something you want to check if you choose to do this. We had young kids at the time so we were always back at the resort by about 8:00.

Another option if your room is a hike from the food court is to put the mugs in a locker in the changing/bathrooms by the main pool. We did that numerous times on one trip when our room was a long walk from the refill stations. We'd drop them in there in the morning before leaving and then pick them up when we got back. It was a quick walk back into the food court to refill. Those lockers are cheap -- $1.50 the last time I checked. I don't know if they lock those bathrooms at a certain time of the night -- so something you want to check if you choose to do this. We had young kids at the time so we were always back at the resort by about 8:00.
This is an awesome idea! I would have loved to use this idea when we stayed at CBR last time and our room was across the lake from the food court but the bridge was under construction so the only way back and forth was either a LOOOONG walk or riding a special shuttle van they had going. Glad to have this idea in my back pocket for future visits though!

I called in today for the reservation and requested a late checkout be added because we're leaving right after the half marathon in February.

Do I verify this again when I check in? Is there anything else I can do to help keep the odds in my favor? I would just need until noon or 1pm to guarantee that we're back to the room in time and don't get locked out or don't get a shower.

I'm assuming we'd probably finish the race by 1030 and would need to get back to the bus/hotel to shower and pack. That would just give us a little breathing room before boarding the Magical Depress at 2pm.

I called in today for the reservation and requested a late checkout be added because we're leaving right after the half marathon in February.

Do I verify this again when I check in? Is there anything else I can do to help keep the odds in my favor? I would just need until noon or 1pm to guarantee that we're back to the room in time and don't get locked out or don't get a shower.

I'm assuming we'd probably finish the race by 1030 and would need to get back to the bus/hotel to shower and pack. That would just give us a little breathing room before boarding the Magical Depress at 2pm.
When i had to request late check out at CSR because i had been vomiting the entire night before, i called the front desk (which we know is a call center off site) requested late check out at 2pm and the reason why, they said they would ask the appropriate person and call me back with an answer. A short time later i got the call back staying yes i could stay until 1pm. I do remember Mousekeeping knocking on my door though probably because they were not informed on my change in checkout time, but she came back later when i told her i would be there longer.
So long story short, i would request late check out when you check in and see if you have to call the night before or the morning of to verify it (or walk to the front desk to verify).

Any news on room refurbishments. Didn't see reply to earlier posts. Refurbishments started? TIA!

Haven't seen any big announcement that refurbishments have started. The permits and notice of commencements were filed in late May for all 10 buildings and expire December 2017. Typically work is started around the time of filing. I've read that they aren't doing the new room refurbishment to all of the rooms at Pop, only a small number of rooms. We were at AoA late last month and walked around Pop while we were there and didn't see any obvious signs of a huge refurbishment going on.

Brilliant :)

I'm wondering if the room ammenities listed on page 1 are up to date. I ask because it states that the radio alarm clocks have port for electronics. I read that , sadly, there are no more radio alarm clocks.
also, the first page states you can bring your own coffee pot. I read somewhere that pop now has coffee pots in the room.

anyoneknow? thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter