Disney's POP CENTURY RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you think we have a fairly good chance of getting them, and if not, would they be fairly accommodating in at least getting us rooms close to one another?

We've had very good luck with getting connecting rooms at Pop Century the 3 times we requested them. All 3 trips were in June. We always made connecting rooms our only request. On one of our stays, we weren't happy with the location of the rooms. They were in the same location (building & floor) that we had been in on the previous trip and we wanted something different this time...if possible. I calmly explained that to the front desk CM and he said, "give me a minute..." and within 5 minutes we had connecting rooms in a really convenient (for us) location.

I have always found them accomdnating on requests. One year we were placed so far away from the buses that it would be impossible to get to them for my mom who has knee problems. They said no can do we ask for a manager and immediately we have a room.

In regards to noise issues and such, we had an issue once at music, they offered us a room in sports. But as Hopperfan said you have to go to the front desk for help. Be respectful explain the issue and let them know how it will effect your wanting to return again, I've found them to be pretty helpful when they see that you have a valid complaint.

The best thing to remember is you get more with honey then vinegar. Plus it does not hurt to ask for a manager. That is what they are there for.

It could still be cheer. While their competition was this past Saturday, they could still be there. Our high school team just got home last night and 2 others that are in our general area are coming home today.
I was there for cheer and no teams stayed at Pop. The competitions were Saturday and Sunday.

Thanks everyone I appreciate the advice! To book 2 rooms, my brother had to call in to make the reservation, so he got to talk to a "real" person. He made sure that was our only request and double checked that the request was entered before finishing.

My nieces are 10 and 7 now, so not getting connecting rooms wouldn't be the end of the world, but would be really inconvenient. When we first went in 2011 and again in 2013, not getting guaranteed connecting rooms kept us from booking a deluxe. We ended up booking an Executive Suite at the Swan Dolphin. I can't tell you how much those Suites spoiled us. I can't imagine a better room, at least for what we spent for them, at WDW!

I also agree that being respectful and kind to the CM is the only way to go. Always try to keep the conversation friendly and if I ever do get frustrated I make sure to let them know that my frustration is not aimed at them, which they're usually grateful for.

Cheer was there last week and they didn't stay at Pop. It's baseball and gymnastics this weekend.

At least 100 of them did. We had breakfast with them and got to stand in line behind them for a bus.
Probably 6-8 different teams. They had matching cheer shirts and the competition backpacks.

I was there for cheer and no teams stayed at Pop. The competitions were Saturday and Sunday.

I'm here and some of the teams absolutely did. At least 6-8 separate teams were there for breakfast in matching cheer shirts. One of the teams had the white champions jackets.
They were back at the resort last night at the pool.

They must be there on there own then. Cheer only had accommodations for all stars and Caribbean beach but only until Tuesday. So I guess they were there for extra vacation time.

I was there 2/8-2/13 and had zero cheer teams at Pop at that time. But there were a million BTG.

At least 100 of them did. We had breakfast with them and got to stand in line behind them for a bus.
Probably 6-8 different teams. They had matching cheer shirts and the competition backpacks.
They weren't there during the actual cheer event package which was 2/8-2/14. Again I was there at that time and never saw a cheerleader. Only saw them at WWOS. They must have moved over there after the event to have a longer vacation.

ETA. They are probably the teams who are being affected by northern weather problems. Their flights were probably cancelled.

Last edited:
They weren't there during the actual cheer event package which was 2/8-2/14. Again I was there at that time and never saw a cheerleader. Only saw them at WWOS. They must have moved over there after the event to have a longer vacation.

ETA. They are probably the teams who are being affected by northern weather problems. Their flights were probably cancelled.

That makes sense. We arrived on Monday.

This thread is so massive that I can't read through it all, so I apologize if this is answered already - how likely is it to request/get a room with a king bed? We are considering staying at a value resort for our next trip so we can afford to stay a bit longer, but at minimum, we need a queen bed but would prefer a king, so all of the all-star resorts are out. Leaning towards Pop because the LM rooms at AoA seem quite far and going on a race weekend, after running that hike could seem extra long. Or do we stay shorter and stay in a nicer resort?

This thread is so massive that I can't read through it all, so I apologize if this is answered already - how likely is it to request/get a room with a king bed? We are considering staying at a value resort for our next trip so we can afford to stay a bit longer, but at minimum, we need a queen bed but would prefer a king, so all of the all-star resorts are out. Leaning towards Pop because the LM rooms at AoA seem quite far and going on a race weekend, after running that hike could seem extra long. Or do we stay shorter and stay in a nicer resort?

It is possible but not very likely to get a king bed. There is a limited number of rooms with King size beds and most of those are the handicap room. I would say if you absolutely need a Queen or King I would look at moderate resort.

At this point there are no queen beds at POP. They are supposed to start a renovation "any day now" that some photos predict some queen beds along with a murphy bed but none of this is confirmed. Depending on when you are traveling (not sure what race), you may or may not get a new room as it's usually about an 18 mo process.

There are King guest rooms that are not HA rooms, but not many. There is something like only 30 King Standard rooms available throughout the entire resort. There will be even less when the renovation begins and there are buildings out of service.

The only Queen beds at values right now are AoA and ASMU SUITES, not in regular value guest rooms.

If Queen is your minimum you would need to book a Moderate if going with a regular room. Or King is a bookable category.

It is possible but not very likely to get a king bed. There is a limited number of rooms with King size beds and most of those are the handicap room. I would say if you absolutely need a Queen or King I would look at moderate resort.
At this point there are no queen beds at POP. They are supposed to start a renovation "any day now" that some photos predict some queen beds along with a murphy bed but none of this is confirmed. Depending on when you are traveling (not sure what race), you may or may not get a new room as it's usually about an 18 mo process.

There are King guest rooms that are not HA rooms, but not many. There is something like only 30 King Standard rooms available throughout the entire resort. There will be even less when the renovation begins and there are buildings out of service.

The only Queen beds at values right now are AoA and ASMU SUITES, not in regular value guest rooms.

If Queen is your minimum you would need to book a Moderate if going with a regular room. Or King is a bookable category.

I'm not going till Jan 2018 - its going to be a tough decision on whether the beds or saving money are more important..

Do they still show movies by the pool in the evenings? Is it daily? Do they know the schedule for the first week of March?

Do they still show movies by the pool in the evenings? Is it daily? Do they know the schedule for the first week of March?
Just watched the movie tonight, and they still give out free bags of popcorn. Movies are on Thursday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday. Monday you can watch at Art of Animation, and no movie on Tuesday or Wednesday. Schedule for March will be out in early March.

Is anyone at Pop now that can say if they have seen or heard of work starting on the room renovations? Hoping that work has already started. Thank You.

Is anyone at Pop now that can say if they have seen or heard of work starting on the room renovations? Hoping that work has already started. Thank You.
Here now, and I haven't seen any sign of work yet. We spoke to a manager at check-in, and she said the work wasn't starting until March. Not sure if that's true, but that's what we were told.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter