Disney's POP CENTURY RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
At Pop now. No cases of water at the store or the food court. I looked for them and asked. No luck.
When I was there in December I asked around about cases of water and was told no they don't sell it that way. I reported back here about that and right away someone said I must have asked the wrong person as yes in fact they do sell it by the case. At some point last month someone came here and reported that they were able to buy a case of water. So I've come to the conclusion that it all depends which way the wind is blowing.

I'm looking into options to order online and have it delivered for my trip next month. Hehe....I get to say 'next month' :banana:

I am 6'7 and somehow manage to fit into those POP full size beds. It is a tight fit, but I am sure your husband and son will be fine. Unfortunately, there are no coffee makers in the rooms. The food court is the only place to get coffee, so you will want a room close to Classic Hall in the 50's, 60's or 70's. Touringplans.com has a fantastic tool for finding specific rooms numbers.

awdwnut

I am so happy to read positive feedback about the beds from someone who is tall. My 6"3 husband is concerned about the full size beds, but I am sure it will all work out fine.

Are the nightly outdoor movies still by the pool or are they held on a lawn/grassy area? This is one of my kids' favorites Disney resort activities. :)

Are the nightly outdoor movies still by the pool or are they held on a lawn/grassy area? This is one of my kids' favorites Disney resort activities. :)
We love it too, but only by the pool. I hate when they do it on the grassy area. I know that in December, they were alternating the movies nightly between Pop and AofA, but showing them at both resorts on Saturdays.

We love it too, but only by the pool. I hate when they do it on the grassy area. I know that in December, they were alternating the movies nightly between Pop and AofA, but showing them at both resorts on Saturdays.

Thank you. We are doing a split stay at AOA and picked the Lion King section over there because I read that is where they do the outdoor movies :laughing:. I remember reading that they are over by the pool for Pop but I also read they started showing them on a lawn area.

how far is the walk from POP to AOA over generation gap?
Depends on where you are, but the bridge over is a pretty short bridge. Much smaller than we expected. We stayed in the 60's building on the backside of the halls closest to the pool and went over to the AoA food court our first night since we liked the food offerings better there. It was a short walk and fun to explore the fun decor and play areas there.

Our last day we went over to disney springs for lunch and going back got stuck behind a HUGE group of "Fifteens" waiting for the shuttle back to POP. We had a magical express to catch for our evening flight home and it would have taken 3 bus loads before we would have been able to get on. We took the AoA bus back and walked to POP, it was barely an inconvenience.

The movies are by the pool at POP. They set up the pool chairs for the kids to use. They are in a grassy area st AOA

How early will buses usually leave the resort in the AM? I've read generally an hour before opening, but other places say around 1 1/2 hours before. it is so hard to plan breakfasts because i don't know how early I can get from POP to various places.

How early will buses usually leave the resort in the AM? I've read generally an hour before opening, but other places say around 1 1/2 hours before. it is so hard to plan breakfasts because i don't know how early I can get from POP to various places.
There are dining buses that start about an hour before the first ADR times. When you go out to the bus stop in the morning just talk with the first driver that comes along. Sometimes if no one else is there they will take you directly to where you want to go.

I've been told by various bus drivers that they start running buses at 6:30 a.m. They may not be as frequent as a little later in the morning, though. The earliest we've ever gotten to the bus stops was at 6:45 a.m. and our bus to MK was there within a minute. We saw 2 other buses leaving (not sure what parks they were heading to) as we were walking from our room to the bus stop.

I just returned from 6 nights at Pop Century. I had a great time. They emailed/texted me my room number, so I did not have to go to the lobby when we got there. I asked for 60's 2nd floor, but we got 70's 2nd floor instead. That was fine. We were right near the giant Mickey icon elevator in the back, facing the lake. It was a quiet location. I love Pop Century, and I stopped in the lobby on the last day, and I let them know how much we enjoyed our stay. The buses were on time, and when we definitely wanted a seat, we just waited for the next one. The wait was never longer than 10 minutes.

I saw the DHS fireworks from the Generation Gap Bridge. Great view. Internet was sporadic in the room, but worked great outside, and in the Lobby/Foodcourt.

The weather was great, except Friday, when it was chilly.

Housekeeping did a great job, and left us an autographed Mickey Pic. I need to give that to my friend, who was visiting for the first time.

Magical Express worked wonderfully. They even put us on an earlier bus, because they had 2 empty seats. Cast members were great. I asked the cashier at the foodcourt if the Pop Century hats were for sale, and she laughed saying, "No, these are part of our uniforms." I loved the lime green hats.

I hope to maybe return next year to Disney World. By the way, the place was swarming with cheerleaders by Thursday, but kids don't bother me. Only moms/dads who publicly ridicule their children. There was a mom in the AK, who I wanted to strangle. Security is brutal/excessive. They might as well, just put in X-ray machines.

How early will buses usually leave the resort in the AM?

"First bus times" vary a little from day to day,but they are "usually" between 6:30 AM and 7:00 AM.:)

Here are "first bus times" on one of my days at All-Star Sports during a trip(The 6:09 AM MK bus that day was very unusual-it's usually much closer to 6:30 AM).:)

19928718916_aed3e33072_c.jpg

Love the bus sign board, Pop does not have it yet. We were there two weeks ago and had excellent bus service. I was especially impressed with the service to Disney Springs. Last year we drove to Disney Springs one evening, and the parking garage was not a good experience (long slow lines to exit the garage) so decided to take the bus this year. The line outside Pop was pretty long as there was a big group of teens ahead of us. The first bus came, filled up and within 5-10 minutes the next bus came which we got on. Service back to Pop was quick too! Much better way to get to Disney Springs than trying to drive and deal with the crowds! And love where it drops you off, right by Wolfgang Puck where we were going for dinner!

Anyone know how early they will let you check in?
'
you can do online check in 60 days prior to arrival, and you tell them what time you plan to arrive. As soon as your room is ready, they will text your room number to you. Last April, our flight landed around 9AM, and when we got off the plane, the room ready text was waiting for me. So you might get lucky and be able to get into your room very early in the day but it's not guaranteed until something like 3 or 4PM, it all depends on what they have ready and available.

I have read that bedbugs are bad in one section. Rumor?

At any time, there can be a bedbug issue in any room at any hotel because the pests come in on other travelers and/or from suitcases in contact with other suitcases. The best plan is to go into a room and do a check regardless of where one is. There have been bedbugs at Pop, as there have been elsewhere. There are also websites where travelers can look for the latest bedbug reports to see where there has been issues. Disney is considered one of the best around in dealing with any bedbug reports.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter