Disney's POLYNESIAN VILLAGE RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am also in love with the smell of the lobby. The closest I have found so far is WoodWick Island Coconut. :)

I love the WoodWick candles! We arrive at Poly in 6 days, I'm going to go out today and grab one of these to have for when we're back home :)

Just asked my Cousins who are at the Poly, the last 2 parties they have watched Hallowishes on the Poly Beach and no music could be heard. They moved around the 2nd night to try to find some but no luck.

We just got back watched fireworks twice once from CL lounge no music despite us and another family being told there was music. The second time we were outside and the music could be heard all over the resort

We just got back from an amazing stay. We were upgraded to CL due to a mistake made by a CM. Everyone was super nice at the resort. Booked Riverside over July 4th for my birthday trip with my daughter still considering switching to Poly because we were treated so well.

Me, too...I love the smell of the lobby :goodvibes
HA! so I'm not the only one!! There is just something about that smell that lets you know you're at the happiest place on earth!

Although I am quite sad - since they have removed the waterfall from the lobby, it just doesn't smell the same anymore!

HA! so I'm not the only one!! There is just something about that smell that lets you know you're at the happiest place on earth!

Although I am quite sad - since they have removed the waterfall from the lobby, it just doesn't smell the same anymore!
I'm obsessed with the lobby smell, too! One of the CM's told me it's ScentAir "Hibiscus Passion." He also mentioned that Boutiki was going to start selling lobby-scented candles. Let's hope it's true!

Question now that I've read the "all about Poly" posts now that its finally a reality we're staying here!!:yay:

How far is Captain Cooks (think that's the place where you can buy the snacks and in particular, Mickey Head ice cream bars??) from the lava pool?? And can you walk in and buy snacks quickly while coming out from the pool?

I think the fireworks are too far away to really enjoy. We watched from our room one night and I would rather have been watching from the Magic Kingdom.

Man we are just having bad luck on this trip. Late last night my boyfriend woke up with food poisoning. He was sick every 30 minutes and with out going into details I'll just say we had to remove the sheets from one bed. Housekeeping came up at 1am with new pillows and sheets. Since he was still sick I couldn't sleep. I called to the front desk and explained the situation. I just wanted to sleep. The man on the phone met me with the manager at my room and allowed me to sleep in a unoccupied room a few doors down. I was so grateful I started crying and explained that it was my actual birthday today and I just wanted sleep. They were so nice. For having such an unfortunate turn of events those CMs from the front desk and housekeeping were amazing this morning. Now we're eating toast trying to get better for our California Grill reservations tonight.

Question now that I've read the "all about Poly" posts now that its finally a reality we're staying here!!:yay:

How far is Captain Cooks (think that's the place where you can buy the snacks and in particular, Mickey Head ice cream bars??) from the lava pool?? And can you walk in and buy snacks quickly while coming out from the pool?
It's not far at all. Basically from the pool exit the gate closest to the lobby go up a couple stairs and you can walk in the automatic doors right there to Capitan Cooks.

Man we are just having bad luck on this trip. Late last night my boyfriend woke up with food poisoning. He was sick every 30 minutes and with out going into details I'll just say we had to remove the sheets from one bed. Housekeeping came up at 1am with new pillows and sheets. Since he was still sick I couldn't sleep. I called to the front desk and explained the situation. I just wanted to sleep. The man on the phone met me with the manager at my room and allowed me to sleep in a unoccupied room a few doors down. I was so grateful I started crying and explained that it was my actual birthday today and I just wanted sleep. They were so nice. For having such an unfortunate turn of events those CMs from the front desk and housekeeping were amazing this morning. Now we're eating toast trying to get better for our California Grill reservations tonight.

Hope you both feel well for your dinner. Do not complain if you see others being seated before you. they made us wait longer because they gave us a window seat for our anniversary

We just got back from an amazing stay. We were upgraded to CL due to a mistake made by a CM. Everyone was super nice at the resort. Booked Riverside over July 4th for my birthday trip with my daughter still considering switching to Poly because we were treated so well.

Congrats on the upgrade! Glad you had a great time and enjoyed the Poly :).

I agree :goodvibes.

I loved the waterfall, too :(.

I'm obsessed with the lobby smell, too! One of the CM's told me it's ScentAir "Hibiscus Passion." He also mentioned that Boutiki was going to start selling lobby-scented candles. Let's hope it's true!

That would be awesome! ::yes::

Like the pp said, Captain Cooks isn't far at all. Sometimes it gets very busy/crowded, but if you are just getting snacks and don't have to wait for food, it shouldn't be a long process ;).

I'm sorry your boyfriend got sick. Hope he feels better soon :flower3:.

We will be at a month tomorrow for our upcoming Poly stay.:yay:

When do we make room requests and do online check in?

We will be at a month tomorrow for our upcoming Poly stay.:yay:

When do we make room requests and do online check in?

In addition to online check in I would call in room requests. When we got to Poly they said we did not have any requests on file, eventhough I had requested 3rd floor as my only request.

Oh my goodness, I hope he feels better!
I am getting a bit worried, the number of reports of food poisoning is surprisingly high?

It's not far at all. Basically from the pool exit the gate closest to the lobby go up a couple stairs and you can walk in the automatic doors right there to Capitan Cooks.

Like the pp said, Captain Cooks isn't far at all. Sometimes it gets very busy/crowded, but if you are just getting snacks and don't have to wait for food, it shouldn't be a long process ;).

Thank you!! Have people walked in with bathing suits and just covered in a towel to grab a snack and go back to the pool (obviously wont walk in leaving a trail of pool water...lol)? Not sure if that's frowned upon though. Thanks again. =)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter