Disney's POLYNESIAN VILLAGE RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi everyone! We are new to Poly and just decided to switch from CR (DD DS and I just stayed there earlier in the year) to Either Poly club or a studio villa. We have the luau and some meals scheduled at Poly. I'm leaning toward the club for the convenience of snacks and drinks. We are doing MNSSHP while staying at monorail resort but my concern is the monorail reliability since we will be giving up walking to MK. On the pro side for Poly the amenities far outweigh CR with the exception of walking to MK. I had a couple questions...

Are all the CL garden view rooms in the Hawaii building?
Anyone think staying a studio villa is preferable to CL?
If monorail is down is bus preferable over boat? Is monorail normally running AFTER MNSSHP is done?
Are busses shared with GF?
I read that HI 2nd floor doesn't have balconies but has "sliders" does anyone know what that means - is it basically a room with a window and nothing else?

TIA!

Last edited:

Hi everyone! We are new to Poly and just decided to switch from CR (DD DS and I just stayed there earlier in the year) to Either Poly club or a studio villa. We have the luau and some meals scheduled at Poly. I'm leaning toward the club for the convenience of snacks and drinks. We are doing MNSSHP while staying at monorail resort but my concern is the monorail reliability since we will be giving up walking to MK. On the pro side for Poly the amenities far outweigh CR with the exception of walking to MK. I had a couple questions...

If monorail is down is bus preferable over boat? Is monorail normally running AFTER MNSSHP is done?
I read that HI 2nd floor doesn't have balconies but has "sliders" does anyone know what that means - is it basically a room with a window and nothing else?

TIA!

1. Yes, all CL GV are in Hawaii
2. If I could choose, with a family, I would go CL all the way vs a villa (and I have done both at various resorts over the years)
3. Provided the boats are running, I would opt for it over a bus
4. Sometimes--and sometimes with CR
5. No balcony on the second floor--a slider is just that--a sliding glass door that opens without any egress. There is a barrier that you can lean on and take in the view. I would request 3rd floor for a balcony or a 1st floor for patio.

Enjoy your stay!

1. Yes, all CL GV are in Hawaii
2. If I could choose, with a family, I would go CL all the way vs a villa (and I have done both at various resorts over the years)
3. Provided the boats are running, I would opt for it over a bus
4. Sometimes--and sometimes with CR
5. No balcony on the second floor--a slider is just that--a sliding glass door that opens without any egress. There is a barrier that you can lean on and take in the view. I would request 3rd floor for a balcony or a 1st floor for patio.

Enjoy your stay!
THANKS!! My biggest concern was getting back after MNSSHP with our double stroller and 2 sleeping kids and while CR was fine (we stayed CL tpv there last spring) the poly had so much more resort to offer. Biggest downer was not being able to walk "home" which is our preference and why we do a 3 resort split for our big fall trips. Thanks again!

How has the monorail service been? My Dad, who is traveling with us, is actually more excited about the boat to MK than the monorail. For getting to rope drop at MK is it best to do the monorail or boat? For getting BACK to poly, we'll probably always go with the boat for my dad LOL.

We have dinner one evening at the Wave, so hoping the monorail is running to get us back to the Poly afterwards.

Has the Epcot monorail been running pretty reliably in the mornings for getting to rope drop?

We didn't really have monorail issues. We don't go early in the morning. This past Wed it was running until 1 am. Extra magic hrs ended at 1. We took an air conditioned bus home and it it was very quick and cool. With our experience if our only choices to return home from MK are bus or boat we ALWAYS choose bus. We took the boat once and it took for ever and was HOT.

Last edited:
One more question - does the club lounge offer beer or wine during apps still or just dessert service?

14 days and counting! I'm getting so excited at this point I almost can't stand it. The last time we stayed anywhere near the Poly was back in the early 80's. We stayed at the then Disney Golf Resort. We check into the Poly this year for 12 days just 14 days from now!!!!

Evening service and dessert service both. In fact, we were always able to get beers outside of regular services just by asking.
Thx again. I'm just doing my due diligence on the math. Even with the club level because of the ADR I'll be cancelling and now especially due to the alcohol I'll still come under CR TPV by a couple hundred.

We didn't really have monorail issues. We don't go early in the morning. This past Wed it was running until 1 am. Extra magic hrs ended at 1. We took an air conditioned bus home and it it was very quick and cool. White out experience if out only choices to return home from MK are bus or boat we ALWAYS choose bus. We took the boat once and it took for ever and was HOT.

We take the boat because it's relaxing and scenic, not because it's speedy or air conditioned. Every where else we will likely drive our own car.

One more question - does the club lounge offer beer or wine during apps still or just dessert service?

Beer and wine are available CL at any time upon request. Both are out during evening appetizers, dessert is just wine and cordials (but again, just ask for beer if needed). Lots of info over on the CL thread and I've been posting more pics of our stay there (we're on our last day). My kids are the same age as yours, we absolutely love CL, especially Poly CL.

Here now and the Oasis pool refill mug station has been closed several times for bees. If that happens the guys at the grill will give you a can of whatever you need and the bartender had ice. The grill does close rather early. My DH looked in his mug before he took a drink yesterday and sure enough there was a bee in it.

Just posting so no one gets stung.

Thanks for the heads up! I'll be sure to not forget my epipen! :thanks:

good morning! we will checking in at the poly tomorrow. i can hardly stand to wait! could today be any slower??

Have a great time! :yay:

TIA!

As a pp said, all GV CL rooms are in the Hawaii building. We've never stayed in a studio so I can't compare that to a regular room, but my preference is a regular room for 2 queen beds and a daybed over a queen bed and a sleeper sofa. Plus CL would give you the lounge with a great view of the fireworks, as well as snacks/drinks throughout the day. Good luck deciding and happy planning :wizard:.

we are less than 2 weeks away and DH and I were both lamenting yesterday we wished we were there now. :-)

The time will go fast and you will be walking into the Poly before you know it :goodvibes.

14 days and counting! I'm getting so excited at this point I almost can't stand it. The last time we stayed anywhere near the Poly was back in the early 80's. We stayed at the then Disney Golf Resort. We check into the Poly this year for 12 days just 14 days from now!!!!

Hope you have a great trip :).

The boat is good for the ambiance and view. Absolutely! But it's been blazing hot and at 1:15 am and it's still sooo hot, we just want the quickest way back, and preferably the coolest. That's why we go straight for the bus. Normally we would be very hesitant about the buses. Frankly we don't like them at all. This is the only time we are happy to take a bus. These busses at night from the MK have always been fast and ready to go. Not like a typical bus wait. At least that's been our experience. I am only talking late when the monorail is done for the night.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter