Disney's POLYNESIAN VILLAGE RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks! The problem is I already have almost everything planned, so now I have to just anxiously count down the days. :fish:It's killing me!

I've booked a standard view Deluxe Studio. What location (floor, building, etc) is best to "preference" during online check-in?

The time will go fast and you will be checking into the Poly before you know it :goodvibes.

We've never stayed in a studio, but I don't think there are any bad rooms/views at the Poly. I would request 2nd or 3rd floor, but that's just my preference over ground floor ;).

One of my favorite parts of a vacation is getting up early and drinking my coffee.... alone, enjoying the view from wherever we are staying.

I've never been to the Poly before. My plan is go get up and get my newly purchased Polynesian mug filled with coffee from Kona Island. Any suggestions on a great place to sit and enjoy it?

That's a great way to start your day! I don't have anything specific to suggest, but the Poly is beautiful with such a relaxing atmosphere that I don't think you'll have any trouble finding a nice quiet place to enjoy early morning coffee :goodvibes :cloud9:.

Love an early morning coffee at the Poly sitting at one of the tables adjacent to the marina in front of the Tonga longhouse. There is a grove of bamboo near the entrance to Aotearoa at the end of Fiji longhouse, and as the early morning breeze blows... they sing. It is one of my favourite sounds as I get a hectic day started slowly over a quiet Kona coffee. ;)

Sounds like a great place to sit and watch the resort "wake up" :cloud9:.

I also liked upper floor with a balcony rather than a first floor patio. I believe both second and third floors have balconies in the DVC buildings. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong.

I think you're right. I think all DVC buildings have balconies on both 2nd & 3rd floors :).

Love that bamboo! And love, love, love early morning at the Poly. I always get up super early - while my sleepy head family is still snoozing - and walk around the Poly. Everything is so calm and peaceful and it's so exciting knowing the day is just beginning and I have a whole day of magic to look forward to!

We'll be back at the Poly in 18 days and I can't wait!!!

I agree, the Poly is very peaceful early in the morning :cloud9:.

Hope you have a great trip :wizard:.

Just booked a spontaneous trip for Labor Day Sept 4-8th! Love the Poly! Anyone else going to be there that week? Considered waiting until later in September for Food&Wine and MNSSHP but our kids are too small for those (4 and 1) so hopefully we will get a few low crowd days in there to enjoy more of the rides.

No, there's no difference. Nobody knows how they decide who gets to Bypass The Front Desk and who doesn't.

Sorry, don't mean to belabor the point but I'm confused now. If your room is ready and you have magic bands, why would you need to stop by the front desk. Isn't access to the room automatically added?

Sorry, don't mean to belabor the point but I'm confused now. If your room is ready and you have magic bands, why would you need to stop by the front desk. Isn't access to the room automatically added?

It has for us the last two visits (BCV/BWV). Once you receive the text, you can go straight to the room. There is only a problem if the text fails to go through OR isn't sent--we've had that happen too.

Lunch at the Oasis Pool today....Kids Grilled Chicken Strips, Fish Tacos, and Fruit & Yogurt Plate. Not to be picky but these all are better sounding/looking than they are in execution. Chicken strips were unseasoned (maybe done that way on purpose) and a touch on the undercooked side for chicken (surprised by this). Fruit plate looks awesome but was warm (probably normal everywhere but the US I guess). Fish tacos had that fish smell (which fresh seafood shouldn't have), but actually were very, very good. I really wanted to like the slaw but it was warm/hot. Slaw shouldn't be hot, right? Atmosphere was great, service a touch slow but it was the lunch rush. Love having more quick dining options other than Cap't Cooks on site, which to me is more important than the small gripes about the food.

image.jpeg

Poor bar tender maybe made five drinks the whole time I was there (45ish minutes). Seemed slow but certainly plenty of people at the Oasis Pool.
image.jpeg

Poor bar tender maybe made five drinks the whole time I was there (45ish minutes). Seemed slow but certainly plenty of people at the Oasis Pool.

If my DH was there he would have kept the bartender company. And busy! :drinking1
Last year my DD & I went back to the MK after dinner one night but DH elected to relax at the Barefoot Pool Bar. He said he had a nice time visiting with the bartender - I think it was Steve (?).

The past 3 trips, I have not received a text about my room even though I signed up to. The CM's didn't know why. This trip I did online check-in but I did not check the box to receive a text. We have to go to the front desk anyway because my mom wants her own credit card linked to her magic band for purchases and I already have my credit card linked to my band. Hopefully, we will also get our leis and resort info since we will be going to the front desk.

Sorry, don't mean to belabor the point but I'm confused now. If your room is ready and you have magic bands, why would you need to stop by the front desk.

Nobody has been able to get that question answered. Like I said before, nobody knows how they decide who gets to Bypass The Front Desk and who does not. I think they use the same algorithm that is used to decide who gets PINs and who doesn't.

Isn't access to the room automatically added?

No. Like I said, that's the eventual goal but not there yet.

Lunch at the Oasis Pool today....Kids Grilled Chicken Strips, Fish Tacos, and Fruit & Yogurt Plate. Not to be picky but these all are better sounding/looking than they are in execution. Chicken strips were unseasoned (maybe done that way on purpose) and a touch on the undercooked side for chicken (surprised by this). Fruit plate looks awesome but was warm (probably normal everywhere but the US I guess). Fish tacos had that fish smell (which fresh seafood shouldn't have), but actually were very, very good. I really wanted to like the slaw but it was warm/hot. Slaw shouldn't be hot, right? Atmosphere was great, service a touch slow but it was the lunch rush. Love having more quick dining options other than Cap't Cooks on site, which to me is more important than the small gripes about the food.

View attachment 184297

View attachment 184298
Thanks for posting . Do you have any pictures of the Oasis pool to post?

Love an early morning coffee at the Poly sitting at one of the tables adjacent to the marina in front of the Tonga longhouse. There is a grove of bamboo near the entrance to Aotearoa at the end of Fiji longhouse, and as the early morning breeze blows... they sing. It is one of my favourite sounds as I get a hectic day started slowly over a quiet Kona coffee. ;)

Sounds perfect! I can't wait to find that spot!

If my DH was there he would have kept the bartender company. And busy! :drinking1
Last year my DD & I went back to the MK after dinner one night but DH elected to relax at the Barefoot Pool Bar. He said he had a nice time visiting with the bartender - I think it was Steve (?).

Seeing as I'm sipping a drink from Steve right now I guess I should reply. Steve is the best bartender I've had at Poly, says he's been here 17 years! That's really amazing in today's world. He is really the best and one of the small reasons we keep coming back.

Thanks for posting . Do you have any pictures of the Oasis pool to post?
No, sorry, not without my family in them (I still can't get comfortable posting family photos, I'm old school). Search Oasis Pool Polynesian on Google and you'll find a lot of photos and probably some videos too!

21 days for me! I just found out Celbrate the Magic is on refurb. Bummer. It is one of my favorite things about MK. I am focusing now on my Ohana breakfast and lunch, new Oasis pool, and just feeling like I am home, only better. Now I am excited again.

Poor bar tender maybe made five drinks the whole time I was there (45ish minutes). Seemed slow but certainly plenty of people at the Oasis Pool

We were at the Oasis pool today around lunch time. We ordered from there on Monday. It was pretty quick but neither pool was as busy as they were on Wednesday. We had the kids teriyaki burger and an adult cheese burgers and a kids cheese burger. All were fine for what we got. They all came w/ fries.

Status
Not open for further replies.

FREE VACATION PLANNING!

Dreams Unlimited Travel is here to help you plan your ideal Disney vacation, with no additional cost to you. Our Authorized Disney Vacation Planners offer expert advice, answer all your questions, and constantly seek out the best discounts, ensuring you get the most value for your trip. Let us handle the details so you can focus on making magical memories.
CLICK HERE

DIS Tiktok DIS Facebook DIS Twitter DIS youtube DIS Instagram DIS Pinterest