Disney's POLYNESIAN VILLAGE RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
E26667E8-4474-444F-9E3D-7E9C6EBBFB91_zpsnaknhqeu.jpg

229AEE8A-CE00-4E59-BE0D-2643F06D2130_zpsckdrvruo.jpg

5FEFE6F7-91EA-4F9B-A993-DA5BCF9D4720_zpsuggnvsu8.jpg

Single Digit dance :dance3:
Oh that Dole whip looks good!!!! cant wait to get one!!!! :hyper:

I know this is going to sound weird, but if there is anyone that is going to be at Poly on 8/13, I always have extra water that I am trying to unload. I get the craziest looks from strangers; therefore, if you are going to be there, let me know and we can meet at the pool and I'll give you whatever we have left. :).
It doesnt sound weird at all, we had a lot of water and coke we left behind. I know there has to be a lot of people leaving drinks when they go to the airport.

Our plan is to stay at the Poly next trip. We would love to be in the Samoa building 3rd floor facing the volcano pool. I know this is a popular building.
Who has requested Samoa and gotten their request ?
If we ask for Samoa 3rd floor facing the volcano pool, do you think this is to much to request?

As our vacation approaches I am more hesitant about requesting Samoa, 3rd floor. I had originally requested Fiji, 3rd floor marina view, but changed to Samoa. Now I'm also wondering about it's popularity and not getting it. Hmmm....what to do, what to do????

As our vacation approaches I am more hesitant about requesting Samoa, 3rd floor. I had originally requested Fiji, 3rd floor marina view, but changed to Samoa. Now I'm also wondering about it's popularity and not getting it. Hmmm....what to do, what to do????
Maybe we can just wait til we get there and see what they have for us, if we dont like the location ask if they have one near where we want? I guess it cant hurt to ask if we do not get Samoa.

It is not too much to request, and you should absolutely go ahead and requesthe!

We have stayed at the Poly several times and have always made requests. They have been granted every time except once. We arrive before lunch and the time our request was not granted, we remindedicated the CM and said we were willing to wait and got reassigned.

We stayed in Samoa 3rd floor volcano side twice and it could not be more perfect!

Not too loud? (We don't have little kids to get to bed early, so no worries anyway)

I've put in a request for Oasis pool side because of that reason. Anyone know how the view is for that side of Samoa? I don't want to be hidden behind trees, but have something pretty to look at.

Last edited:
Maybe we can just wait til we get there and see what they have for us, if we dont like the location ask if they have one near where we want? I guess it cant hurt to ask if we do not get Samoa.

In my Touring Plans fax, I've mentioned that if I couldn't get Samoa, I would be happy with Fiji. Too much??

Just wanted to say that a friend of mine just returned from the Poly yesterday. She said she was not impressed with the monorail, that they had lots of trouble with it more than not. Can't give you any more detail than that, but one thing, this was her first time to Disney so she has nothing to compare it to. Not a good sign. Anyone want to chime in with their recent monorail experience?

Have to share a pet peeve...was shopping for our upcoming trip today and a sales girl helping me just came back from a trip to Disney. Then she proceeded to share that she really enjoyed pool hopping and that she loved the Poly pool the best. I was shocked and asked her if they checked her wrist bands for I thought you were not allowed to do that? She then said "oh, it was so crowded that they didn't check." Well, we are paying all this extra money to enjoy the Poly pool, and I am not thrilled that Disney doesn't do a better job making sure that folks not staying at the resort are kept out of the pool. Does this happen a lot? I am hoping this girl and her friends just got lucky. Anyway, thanks for letting me vent.

In my Touring Plans fax, I've mentioned that if I couldn't get Samoa, I would be happy with Fiji. Too much??
I agree...you'll be fine. Although DISers know to ask for Samoa if not staying CL or DVC, there are plenty of people who don't know to ask for it. Then if you don't get what you asked for, you can see what's available (like you said). Wishing you some Pixie Dust!!!:)

Just returned from a week's stay. Wanted Samoa, got Fiji, 3rd floor. Wasn't crazy abt Fiji. The music (especially drums) from the dinner show was very loud. OK at 7pm, not so great at 10pm when you're wanting to sleep. Then, most mornings, they raked the sand with a loud tractor around 6:30am. The view was pretty, could see the wedding chapel and GF.

When our plane landed abt 1pm, I turned on my phone and got a text that our room was ready.

Captain Cooks was busy most of the time. The lines moved, but you'll want to allow yourself plenty of time. It would be nice if they had 1 register for paying for items and not ordering hot items.

I went to the beach (near the Lava pool) one night to watch the fireworks. I got a chair 10 minutes before the start. They did play music, but it seemed to be further down the beach. It was kind of "soft" where I was. It was very cool that the water parade was going exactly the same time as wishes. I filmed it live on facebook.

We didn't swim, so no pool comments. The new pool is pretty. I walked around it one afternoon. It wasn't crowded at all. You needed your MB's to open the gates for both pools.

We only took the buses 2x. Once to HS was fine. Short wait. The day we went to AK, the bus loading area was PACKED. It took an hour for ANY bus to come. There was a CM present. She kept calling and they kept telling her they were on their way. We only waited short times for our return busses.

It drove me crazy that there were no clocks in the room. I especially with they'd put a clock in the bathroom. Our room was very clean. We had problems with the fridge. It took 2 days to get it working properly. They said to leave the doors open. We did. The maid kept closing them. *LOL* They should just take the doors off.

Have to share a pet peeve...was shopping for our upcoming trip today and a sales girl helping me just came back from a trip to Disney. Then she proceeded to share that she really enjoyed pool hopping and that she loved the Poly pool the best. I was shocked and asked her if they checked her wrist bands for I thought you were not allowed to do that? She then said "oh, it was so crowded that they didn't check." Well, we are paying all this extra money to enjoy the Poly pool, and I am not thrilled that Disney doesn't do a better job making sure that folks not staying at the resort are kept out of the pool. Does this happen a lot? I am hoping this girl and her friends just got lucky. Anyway, thanks for letting me vent.

I didn't post this before, but we were at Poly over July 4 week and while they were indeed checking MB's in the lava pool and handing out wristbands, I overheard a conversation that really shocked me. A lady CM approached a woman with several small kids (who had just entered the pool area and sat at a table) to ask if the woman was staying at Poly. The woman had a blank look on her face (obviously shocked to be asked) and I couldn't hear what she said. But I did hear the CM reply "I'm not supposed to do this...." and that's all I could hear, but the CM did give her a wristband. Now I can't be sure what the situation was -- it could be the woman just didn't have her MB and the husband was on his way to the pool....who knows. But it did leave me with a bad vibe that I'm really not sure if the lava pool will EVER be just for Poly guests....no matter how hard they try.

I would not worry about it being too popular. If you are worried because of the amount of people here on the DIS that like a certain location, we are such a very small percentage of overall WDW guests it's not worth worrying about.

I would not worry about it being too popular. If you are worried because of the amount of people here on the DIS that like a certain location, we are such a very small percentage of overall WDW guests it's not worth worrying about.

That's comforting :flower1:

Oh they do sell small bottles of champagne at the resort too. Located in the upstairs gift shop in the cooler. Probably cheaper from home but just in case you want more!!
Thanks, great to know. I am flying in from Canada so maybe purchasing the champagne there is easier for me without risking it busting in my suitcase. Sounds like I got a few options anyway! :thumbsup2

Just wondering what everyone thinks about on-line check-in. We've never done it before in all the times we've been there - and we're arriving tomorrow. Is it worth it to do it in advance??

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter