Disney's POLYNESIAN VILLAGE RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
We were at the World last week. A split stay at BWI and BC cl.
NOTE:this was the busiest trip i have ever been on. Last weekend food and wine plus osborne lights last year and MVMCP. It was hard to get transportation or reservations.

On our MVMCP dd wanted to eat before the party. We took the bus to MK then could either take boat or mono to Poly. Kona was actually not accepting any more reservations!:scared1:

OH NO! what are we girls to do?????:confused3

They offered us a take out menu and said we could order at the sushi bar. I look and my fav sticky chicken wings and Kona salad were on there! YES!!!!::yes::

When we placed our order and was told we could eat there or take it anywhere. They had place settings on the wall with stools or you could sit on the bar around the sushi place.

I ran over to tambu and got a glass of wine and our food was ready right after. We enjoyed sitting in the lobby and soaking in "our Poly".:drinking1

Then on going home day Sunday, DH and i tried to get lunch at Kona and again, no spots for us! We were able to get the to go items again and we took them outside in the CC's eating area. We chose a nice quiet spot along the marina.

I really enjoyed that we got to spend some time at Poly and this back up plan worked great!

Just wanted you to know this option was available. It was a limited menu but sushi, sticky wings and pot stickers were on there plus others.

I did this once on the way to MNSSHP and ate my sushi on main street and watched the parade of costumes as people were coming in to the party. So glad you didn't miss your Kona treats! It sounds like you had a good time despite the crowds, way to work it!

I booked for August 2016! However, I'm not sold on my decision. We are traveling with a 7 year old, and a 2 year old who naps. Kids will also go to bed earlier-8 ish, with maybe 1 night later. We will have laundry to do and lots of luggage. 2 year old has food allergies so may heat food up in room. I'm hoping for a discount for somewhere at the Poly for when we are there. Based on the foregoing, would you choose (1) Studio Villa (2) regular room and request a microwave or (3) concierge?

Concierge would basically be for the room location. We will be eating at a sit down restaurant 1-2 times a day so I don't know if we'd partake in all the food. If these rooms were really discounted though, we would consider it because of the room location.

Studio-I like the microwave and pull out bed. I'm worried about storage though. We will have 2 large suitcases, 3 backpacks, and 1-2 roll-aboards. (traveling for 2 weeks, and need dressy clothes for half of it) I also like that there are more laundry machines I think to choose from.

Regular room- the longhouses for standard rooms seem to be the noisiest since they are by the luau, pools, etc.

Right now, I booked the studio but depending on deals might switch.

Thoughts?

I booked for August 2016! However, I'm not sold on my decision. We are traveling with a 7 year old, and a 2 year old who naps. Kids will also go to bed earlier-8 ish, with maybe 1 night later. We will have laundry to do and lots of luggage. 2 year old has food allergies so may heat food up in room. I'm hoping for a discount for somewhere at the Poly for when we are there. Based on the foregoing, would you choose (1) Studio Villa (2) regular room and request a microwave or (3) concierge?

Concierge would basically be for the room location. We will be eating at a sit down restaurant 1-2 times a day so I don't know if we'd partake in all the food. If these rooms were really discounted though, we would consider it because of the room location.

Studio-I like the microwave and pull out bed. I'm worried about storage though. We will have 2 large suitcases, 3 backpacks, and 1-2 roll-aboards. (traveling for 2 weeks, and need dressy clothes for half of it) I also like that there are more laundry machines I think to choose from.

Regular room- the longhouses for standard rooms seem to be the noisiest since they are by the luau, pools, etc.

Thoughts?
Maybe the 1 bedroom villa at BLT or WL? Having the kitchen and laundry seems more important for your family.

I loved BLT for the ability to walk to mk :)

We are looking at booking for July 2016. I am so excited... this is my dream resort. We were going to stay there on our last trip but changed resorts due to construction. Hope this pans out!

Thoughts?
Just returned from staying in a studio in Moorea. View was perfect! We were right next to Hawaii with a lake/theme park view... I had 12 pieces of luggage in the room before my mother and 2 sisters showed up with another 9 pieces. ALL of the luggage was stowed under the bed, in drawers or in little cubby pockets around the room. There was no clue we had so much stuff in that studio! We also had one large cooler, and two small coolers that we kept in the connecting room alcove. I would stay at PVB villas again in a heartbeat!

Thoughts?

We also stayed in the studio this past August with five of us. Great Garden view, location to TTC, loved the two bathrooms, and access to free laundry was just downstairs.

Next August, we will be there on a magical deal so the studio is out. With this great deal though, a regular room is fine by me! Not sure when you're going, but if it's in the latter half of August, try for the magical deal.

First Time Stay - We currently have a standard view room reservation June 11-20, 2016. (2 adults and 10, 9, 5) I noticed that a standard villa became available for our dates as well. It would be $100 more to switch to a villa. I am wondering if I should hold back to see if I can get a discount on my standard view room or switch to a standard villa? I wasn't sure if discounts are on villas? One reason I like the villa is it has a microwave, toaster and two bathrooms. Are there any cons that you can see making this change? Thanks for the advice!

First Time Stay - We currently have a standard view room reservation June 11-20, 2016. (2 adults and 10, 9, 5) I noticed that a standard villa became available for our dates as well. It would be $100 more to switch to a villa. I am wondering if I should hold back to see if I can get a discount on my standard view room or switch to a standard villa? I wasn't sure if discounts are on villas? One reason I like the villa is it has a microwave, toaster and two bathrooms. Are there any cons that you can see making this change? Thanks for the advice!

The second bathroom is very nice but does not have a second toilet just a wonderful shower! There was no toaster just microwave and fridge. The standard rooms all have fridges and you can always request a microwave.

Our studio villa did have a toaster, so if this is important to you I'm sure you can get one. We liked having two bathrooms, but both my daughter and I liked the shower bath best, so we ended up sharing that one anyway. I did use the larger bathroom to store my luggage, shoes, accessories, etc. and as a dressing area, and that was very nice! All the villas are very close to the TTC, which made catching the monorails a breeze. Plus all the villas have either a patio or balcony, not so with the standard rooms.

The main con with the villa is that it only has one regular bed, even though the couch pulls out into a queen sleeper. My 25 year old daughter used the pull down twin bed on the other wall. She is small. 5'2" and about 125 pounds, but she loved it! Even though it is sort of in the middle, it has the aura of a cozy personal space. Also, the villas are farther from the main pool, Which might be a consideration for your younger children.

Whether that's worth an extra $100 is purely subjective. We enjoyed our villa experience very much, but it would be hard for it to compete with a discounted standard room. Whatever you choose, you should have a great time!

Edited for typos and clarity

We've stayed at Poly many times, but booked a studio villa as part of our split stay in February. These seem hard to find with a discount, but we did! Two nights at the end of our stay with the Disney Visa discount! Would have loved to stay the last three nights in the discounted Poly villa, but no luck - took the two discounted nights while I could. For us, the choice between villa and regular room came down to discounts, so you could take the villa now and make changes if a discount pops up for your dates at some point.

The grounds were beyond lovely. Concierge was great. Had a wonderful reception for our anniversary with real flower leis. Our son overate dole whips and had a wonderful time. Monorail ran great, buses were miserable and slow as always. Magical Express exceeded expectations, but first and last time I don't rent a car. The lava pool and lifeguards were great but the early pool closure at 9 each night was a bummer, would have been nice to use the hot tub after a day at the parks, but maybe after they finish renovating the quiet pool this will resolve itself.
The room was rundown, truly have had nicer rooms at Motel 6. Hairs from a past guest on the ceiling of the bathroom. Light in shower was pulling away and showing drywall. Fan in bathroom went on and off randomly. Silly stuff like no towel art from Mousekeeping, my son really noticed this as we have always had great fun with Mousekeeping creations they have made from towels at the Cabins at Fort Wilderness (and yes we always tip Mousekeeping with specially made envelopes). Had a sprinkler break outside our room causing a minor flood inside, and came back from the parks to towels along the base of our inside patio door. No note, no apologies. Not angry it happened (things happen) but a bit disappointing at the lack of communication. Most of the Cast Members were wonderful. Captain Cooks cast members were rude and short with us on more than one occasion.
Overall a nice stay, hard to ruin the Disney Magic for a hardcore Disney Lover. But we probably won't book the Poly again. The price does not match up with the accommodations.

The grounds were beyond lovely. Concierge was great. Had a wonderful reception for our anniversary with real flower leis. Our son overate dole whips and had a wonderful time. Monorail ran great, buses were miserable and slow as always. Magical Express exceeded expectations, but first and last time I don't rent a car. The lava pool and lifeguards were great but the early pool closure at 9 each night was a bummer, would have been nice to use the hot tub after a day at the parks, but maybe after they finish renovating the quiet pool this will resolve itself.
The room was rundown, truly have had nicer rooms at Motel 6. Hairs from a past guest on the ceiling of the bathroom. Light in shower was pulling away and showing drywall. Fan in bathroom went on and off randomly. Silly stuff like no towel art from Mousekeeping, my son really noticed this as we have always had great fun with Mousekeeping creations they have made from towels at the Cabins at Fort Wilderness (and yes we always tip Mousekeeping with specially made envelopes). Had a sprinkler break outside our room causing a minor flood inside, and came back from the parks to towels along the base of our inside patio door. No note, no apologies. Not angry it happened (things happen) but a bit disappointing at the lack of communication. Most of the Cast Members were wonderful. Captain Cooks cast members were rude and short with us on more than one occasion.
Overall a nice stay, hard to ruin the Disney Magic for a hardcore Disney Lover. But we probably won't book the Poly again. The price does not match up with the accommodations.
Unfortunately, when the "quiet pool" reopens it will be strictly DVC only, meaning that all non DVC guests will be in the Lava Pool. I personally hate how they've done DVC there, taking existing longhouses and converting them, making it even harder to book a room during peak times.

Unfortunately, when the "quiet pool" reopens it will be strictly DVC only, meaning that all non DVC guests will be in the Lava Pool. I personally hate how they've done DVC there, taking existing longhouses and converting them, making it even harder to book a room during peak times.

I don't think this is true. I haven't read anywhere that this pool is going to be DVC only. I would be very surprised if that was true.

Which longhouse did you stay in?

Never say never and all that, but I'd be surprised if this is true. What is the source for this info?
It is being referred to as the DVC pool and the CMs that I asked at the resort in September said "DVC only" like the one at Bay Lake Towers.

I believe I've read this somewhere already, so I apologize in advance for being redundant. We are booked for our first stay at the Poly in August. This is an absolute dream, and I can't wait. We just recently had our first deluxe stay over on the concierge level at Yacht Club. While the location was fabulous, the decor theme just didn't give me that "Disney" feel... Don't get me wrong, we loved it, but I'm really looking forward to staying at the beautifully themed Poly. We've currently got a standard view. Are there high odds I could somehow end up with a view of a parking lot? Really hoping to avoid that, as part of the Disney magic for me is getting away from anything and everything that reminds me of the "real world" (such as parking lots). I thought I'd read that most standard views look out gardens, landscaped pathways, etc. Thanks in advance for any insight!

Oh, and also I've read that second floors don't offer balconies. Can you still open your doors (i.e., is it more like a little juliet balcony?), or there is no direct access outside at all from those second floor rooms?

I believe I've read this somewhere already, so I apologize in advance for being redundant. We are booked for our first stay at the Poly in August. This is an absolute dream, and I can't wait. We just recently had our first deluxe stay over on the concierge level at Yacht Club. While the location was fabulous, the decor theme just didn't give me that "Disney" feel... Don't get me wrong, we loved it, but I'm really looking forward to staying at the beautifully themed Poly. We've currently got a standard view. Are there high odds I could somehow end up with a view of a parking lot? Really hoping to avoid that, as part of the Disney magic for me is getting away from anything and everything that reminds me of the "real world" (such as parking lots). I thought I'd read that most standard views look out gardens, landscaped pathways, etc. Thanks in advance for any insight!

Oh, and also I've read that second floors don't offer balconies. Can you still open your doors (i.e., is it more like a little juliet balcony?), or there is no direct access outside at all from those second floor rooms?
We were second floor in Hawaii (club level building) in September. The door will open but there is no step out, just a rail to keep you from falling.

Any opinions the pros and cons for a standard room vs. a studio if the price is the same? We have 2 adults and 2 children (DS 9 and DD 7) and will only be staying 2 nights pre-cruise and not going to the parks.

We are looking at booking for July 2016. I am so excited... this is my dream resort. We were going to stay there on our last trip but changed resorts due to construction. Hope this pans out!
We did the very same thing!! We had planned on staying back in May 2014 but got to nervous with all the construction. Now we are trying it again for May 2016! Fingers crossed that they will have the quite pool done by then!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter