Disney's POLYNESIAN VILLAGE RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are booked for our first stay at the Poly!!! We will be there April 23-May1 2016. We can't wait!!! Any advice? We have never stayed.

Congrats on your first Poly stay!! Based on your dates, I will guess that you are coming from NY! We will be there the exact same dates! DS 15 DD10 DS8. You are going to have a blast!

Poly advice:
The Poly beach is a wonderful place to watch the fireworks.
Don't forget you can walk to the TTC from the Poly to get to the Epcot monorail (time saver)
'Ohana and Kona Cafe are both great dining choices right inside your resort (go to Kona for breakfast and get the Tonga Toast! Real Kona Coffee too)
The Volcano pool is a great place for an afternoon break. It was just refurbished too.
The Poly is the only place you can get a delicious Dole Whip outside the MK.
The staff are a cut above (even by Disney standards). You will come to love the Poly and will be saying "Aloha" and "Mahalo" in no time.

I am thinking about doing online check in in a few weeks for for our mid November trip. I am thinking about requesting #1 Aoteroa #2 balcony . My only concern is noise from the luau. Is it a major distraction from sleeping? Any advice?

Normally 10PM

Thanks. I was hoping the pool hours would be better at a deluxe resort. :) On our last Dec. trip we were at All Star Music and the pool closed at 8, which made it hard to fit in any swimming time. 10pm is much more reasonable.

Hey all, just booked a lake view studio DVC stay for March! We weren't sure about lake view or standard view, but we didn't want the chance of a construction or parking lot view. We stayed at the Poly a few years back in Hawaii and loved it, so it will be fun to return with DVC this time. :beach:

Stayed GV Moorea in August and loved it! LV will be gorgeous!

Congrats on your first Poly stay!! Based on your dates, I will guess that you are coming from NY! We will be there the exact same dates! DS 15 DD10 DS8. You are going to have a blast!

Poly advice:
Don't forget you can walk to the TTC from the Poly to get to the Epcot monorail (time saver)
'Ohana and Kona Cafe are both great dining choices right inside your resort (go to Kona for breakfast and get the Tonga Toast! Real Kona Coffee too)
The Volcano pool is a great place for an afternoon break. It was just refurbished too.
The staff are a cut above (even by Disney standards). You will come to love the Poly and will be saying "Aloha" and "Mahalo" in no time.

Thanks! I am actually from NH, a little further north haha. I do get asked a lot if I am from NY, due to my accent?!?, I guess I talk like a New Yorker. LOL
We have 3 princesses 12, 10, 6. Maybe we will see you at the pool. We love the YC but we have always wanted to stay at the Poly, so this was our chance. My parents are coming as well so we can get some time by ourselves, hoopefully ;) We always say we are and we never do...too tired from the parks!

I see we also have the same ticker LOL Great Disney minds think alike!

Got our first stay booked. I am getting more nervous by the day for paying $1500 for just 4 nights there with all the negative reviews of this place and the monorail. I will cut around $200 off of that price by paying with discounted Disney Gift Cards, but still. I hope it gets better before February. (If we even get to go then)

Got our first stay booked. I am getting more nervous by the day for paying $1500 for just 4 nights there with all the negative reviews of this place and the monorail. I will cut around $200 off of that price by paying with discounted Disney Gift Cards, but still. I hope it gets better before February. (If we even get to go then)

There's also a lot of reports of great trips! I think is you go in with a positive attitude, knowing that little things may come up and that you won't let it tarnish your magical trip, you'll have a great time!

I know, I am going to try to stay hopeful and positive, plus we may have to push the trip further into 2016 and by then the pool construction should be complete.

Hey all, just booked a lake view studio DVC stay for March! We weren't sure about lake view or standard view, but we didn't want the chance of a construction or parking lot view. We stayed at the Poly a few years back in Hawaii and loved it, so it will be fun to return with DVC this time. :beach:

Congrats on booking your next Poly stay, I'm sure you'll have another great trip! :wizard:

Poly advice:

:thumbsup2

So do you place your order at the register? Where do you wait for your food?
Yes you place your order at the register and they will give you a buzzer that will go out when your food is ready to pick up. Most people just grabbed a table and drinks while waiting for food or they just hung out near the pick up area in a back corner.
The longest we had to wait for food at Capt Cook was at dinner it was less then a 10 minute wait.... Hubby ordered a lot of food so that may have been the reason.

I am thinking about doing online check in in a few weeks for for our mid November trip. I am thinking about requesting #1 Aoteroa #2 balcony . My only concern is noise from the luau. Is it a major distraction from sleeping? Any advice?

Great request! I stayed in Aoteroa our last trip and was really worried about missing my beloved Tokelau but I was wrong. Great location, great view, and lovely rooms. If you have your balcony door open, you can hear some of the sounds of the luau float in your room but with it shut, you won't hear it. And it's a pleasant sound - not loud and harsh. They also don't have it every night.

I know, I am going to try to stay hopeful and positive, plus we may have to push the trip further into 2016 and by then the pool construction should be complete.
I went during the mad dash to finish the main pool and construction was almost round the clock. But due to a lovely location, the noise was minimal as the long houses blocked it. And we were in Aoteroa facing the lagoon- not far from all the equipment. We had a great trip and still enjoyed the resort, even with all the closures and construction! But everyone is different so if you are worried and have flexible dates, that's a good option too.

We were in Tuvalu at the start of the month - we could just hear the drums and some of the music when we had our balcony door open, or while we sat outside. It wasn't loud, just added to the ambiance. With the doors shut, I don't recall even hearing it.

Staying at the Poly in a little under a month. We are landing at MCO around 10pm and then getting on Magical Express. We saw that Trader Sam's closes at midnight (we had hoped for 2am) does anyone know if TS stays open later than advertised or they shut down exact at 12? We were hoping to get to go the first night and since it would have been super late less crowded but are now figuring that won't happen since we aren't cabbing.

Checking into Poly on Friday, yes this Friday! 3 lovely afternoons from now! Our first stay at Poly and will be a LONG one! We are there from the 16-26!!! So excited!

We were able to snag tickets to see the rocket launch at Kennedy Space Center on the 30th this morning (yay!!). Is Captain Cooks really open 24 hours? We will need to eat before dawn (almost) and get on the road to make it in time for checkin there!

We were able to snag tickets to see the rocket launch at Kennedy Space Center on the 30th this morning (yay!!). Is Captain Cooks really open 24 hours? We will need to eat before dawn (almost) and get on the road to make it in time for checkin there!

Exciting! My DH would be jealous.
The grill at CC's doesn't start serving the breakfast menu until 6:30 a.m., but the restaurant is still open earlier for grab and go items (juice, pastries, fruit, cereal, etc)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter