Disney's POLYNESIAN VILLAGE RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
You place your order, and pay for it at the register right by the post on front of where that guy in standing, then you wait for your order right where the hanging light is in the middle of the picture.

Unless you picked out your drinks/desserts/snacks before placing your order, you then need to go to the registers in fron the the drinks and snacks frisge to pay for them. If you picked them before you order hot food, then you can pay for it all together at the register by the post. It does get quite crowded in this place. This picture was taken around 6:45am.

12032758_903994549635642_217231810034137732_o.jpg
Thanks for the reply! So lets see if I have this straight there are 2 registers. One to order hot food but this can't be seen in the pic because it's blocked by the pole. The register in the center of the pic is for grab and go items?

Prime spots, such as near the pool to watch your kids, or near the kids play area and of course, tables with umbrellas were not usually available. You wont have a problem finding a lounger literally centimeters away from the person next to you in a back row near the gate.

Because we had waterpark passes, we only spent one day at the pool. Got there around 9:15 and got an umbrella table next to the bar. It was the only one available and I feel lucky we got it. Other than that, we didnt go to the pool, but I glanced at it as I walked to the marina, or even just GCH. It always seems full. I saw an entire family of about 10 walking from the parking lot with inflatable pool toys, a cooler, small suitcases (the new "carryons") dressed in swimsuites w/ coverups. They went straight through the pathway in between GCH and Rarotonga and straight to the pool. Had no problem at all getting into the pool area and setting up camp for the day. Other than that family, I had no idea who was a resort guest and who was a hopper. Actually, I did overhear some family saying goodbye to another family, saying Ill see you in a little while etc..The family went from the pool to the GCH doors, I assume they were leaving. I think one family was staying there and the other was visiting them.

Like I said previously, the resort is gorgeous and the amenities are amazing and the monorail is so convenient, but compared to other resorts we dined at, I could really tell the difference between the crowds. Im no spring chicken and a day in a park is a little overwhelming in itself and it would be nice to just go back to a quiet resort and relax. The Poly is not quiet and not for me. Clearly, its perfect for million of others, so dont let my opinion sway any decision about staying there :)

Wow thank you for taking the time to type all that out! I'm definitely planning on spending time at the pool since its such a hot ticket that people will come from the neighborhood to hang out at it.. :duck:I'm hoping we enjoy the activity level but we'll see... we're spending less time in the parks than we have on previous vacations so maybe that will help! I've always wanted to stay at the Poly, so I'm definitely going in with high spirits!

Aloha! Subscribing as I just booked our first every Poly stay! A 10 day trip for next August. More excited than I think I have ever been for a trip, and this will be the 12th in 10 years, LOL. Looking forward to spending the next few days reading all the info here, and seeing what's in store over the coming year!!!!

Thanks for the reply! So lets see if I have this straight there are 2 registers. One to order hot food but this can't be seen in the pic because it's blocked by the pole. The register in the center of the pic is for grab and go items?

Yes, but its more blocked by the guy, than the pole! Its in front of the guy in the picture.

There is also another set of registers to the left of the picture, also for grab and go.

Hello, we are just over 3 weeks away until our first stay at the Polynesian and we are so excited. We will be staying at Port Orleans on the first night because we have an evening flight. Our plan is to take a taxi the next morning and check in at the Polynesian.

You're going to love the Poly! Have a great trip :wizard:.

Two more sleeps and we are leaving for the Poly. Can't wait to go to our first MNSSHP and Food & Wine!!

Have a great time! :yay:

I'm definitely planning on spending time at the pool since its such a hot ticket that people will come from the neighborhood to hang out at it.. :duck:I'm hoping we enjoy the activity level but we'll see... we're spending less time in the parks than we have on previous vacations so maybe that will help! I've always wanted to stay at the Poly, so I'm definitely going in with high spirits!

Hope you have a great time and enjoy the Poly :).

Aloha! Subscribing as I just booked our first every Poly stay! A 10 day trip for next August. More excited than I think I have ever been for a trip, and this will be the 12th in 10 years, LOL. Looking forward to spending the next few days reading all the info here, and seeing what's in store over the coming year!!!!

Congrats on your first (upcoming) Poly stay. Enjoy the anticipation and planning :goodvibes.

Ok gonna be that guy who asks a question that is asked a million times. Ive skimmed through this thread a bit but need a definitive answer from you wonderful people. Finally booked the dream stay at poly for 8 days and need to know>>>> Yup which requests do I make? I have standard view booked and understand the limitations with that but i just really want to avoid the construction and have the best trip ever!

we leave for our first Poly stay in 19 days! I have been planning this trip for like 17 months!! (basically started planning about a week after our we got back from our first Disney trip, haha!) We have never been at Poly but after lots of research and obsessive reading online I picked it. I have probably read every page of this thread over the last few months and studied tikimans site. I follow his fb page too so I feel prepared but I was so torn on room request given the current construction. I bit the bullet and requested ground floor Samoa since reports are that the rooms in Samoa facing the pool construction are not being used. I am also having touring plans fax in a request too. I put down that our biggest request is a first floor room with patio facing away from construction at the east pool. and then 2nd request was Samoa. Who knows if we even will get it but I figured it was worth trying to be close to the pool. What kind of luck have people had with getting what you request in online check in or request by fax?
As long as I don't get a construction view I'll be happy. I think it also depends on when you are going. If you are there a bit before the Holiday crowds you may do well getting your choice of rooms. Also....people will ask when a specific Longhouse may be available and change rooms after a day or two. I think they do their best to try and meet your needs and fulfill your Dreams! Let's hope!

This will not be our first stay at the Poly, but will be our first trip during the summer months, so thinking we will spend less time at the parks and more time at the resort, so the idea of "extra space" is appealing with 2 littles.

I'm wondering if we will find enough breakfast options available to make a true meal? We are big breakfast eaters, and tend to spend a lot of money on breakfasts at WDW (both character and non-character), so wouldn't want to have to find additional breakfast offerings if we are staying CL.

Appreciate any input. Trying to see if there is any cost savings to be had by staying CL, on top of the other benefits. Need some good Disney math to convince DH!!

for our family of four, we do feel we "get our money's worth" from all the CL lounges. we never need breakfast, don't need snacks for the room, and never need a full dinner after the CL apps (for example, if we get hungry later we might split an order of nachos). so for us, i feel that we save money overall, particularly because my dh and kids have eyes bigger than their stomachs, and always over-order at restaurants, so our bill is always high. the convenience is great, as you just pop down the hall and your breakfast is already waiting for you. it saves time.

having two CL stays in the summer, we appreciate the extra room to hang out when we are just too sick of the heat and want to relax inside. the room gets confining after a while but the lounge is great. they also have a kids' couch with kid tv on, so your kids might be occupied there and you and dh can feel like you're having "alone time" at a table.

i am not sure how you will feel about the breakfasts. we always feel that they are plenty. unfortunately, they are all carbs, but there is enough. they have really good oatmeal with toppings, bagels, danishes, fruits, and cereals. for me, a nice bowl of oatmeal with toppings and a whole bagel with cream cheese works and keeps me full until lunch. if you like those things, you can keep going back for more if you're not full yet.

for our family of four, we do feel we "get our money's worth" from all the CL lounges. we never need breakfast, don't need snacks for the room, and never need a full dinner after the CL apps (for example, if we get hungry later we might split an order of nachos). so for us, i feel that we save money overall, particularly because my dh and kids have eyes bigger than their stomachs, and always over-order at restaurants, so our bill is always high. the convenience is great, as you just pop down the hall and your breakfast is already waiting for you. it saves time.

having two CL stays in the summer, we appreciate the extra room to hang out when we are just too sick of the heat and want to relax inside. the room gets confining after a while but the lounge is great. they also have a kids' couch with kid tv on, so your kids might be occupied there and you and dh can feel like you're having "alone time" at a table.

i am not sure how you will feel about the breakfasts. we always feel that they are plenty. unfortunately, they are all carbs, but there is enough. they have really good oatmeal with toppings, bagels, danishes, fruits, and cereals. for me, a nice bowl of oatmeal with toppings and a whole bagel with cream cheese works and keeps me full until lunch. if you like those things, you can keep going back for more if you're not full yet.
Thank you for all of this info! :)

Ok gonna be that guy who asks a question that is asked a million times. Ive skimmed through this thread a bit but need a definitive answer from you wonderful people. Finally booked the dream stay at poly for 8 days and need to know>>>> Yup which requests do I make? I have standard view booked and understand the limitations with that but i just really want to avoid the construction and have the best trip ever!
We had a Volcano pool view, 3rd floor in Samoa for our August stay. Loved it. My second choice would be Fiji Marina view, 3rd floor.

Just arrived at Poly this afternoon! Our requests were met and I like the upgrades they've done to the rooms.

We received the text and email at 3:30 with our room assignment, while we were in ME and went straight to the room.

So far it's been a good experience.

Poly has always been my favorite resort, even though they took out the gardens in the Great Ceremonial House. I made a quick video overview of the resort after the construction was finished. Just thought some of you fellow Poly Fans might like to see it to dream of your home away from home!! :-)

Our favorite long house is Samoa, but it seems like a lot of people have been suggesting Fiji as the best option right now to avoid construction :).

I am 7 more sleeps away from our FIRST Poly stay!!!! Can't wait can't wait.

:cool1::cool1:

Just arrived at Poly this afternoon! Our requests were met and I like the upgrades they've done to the rooms.

We received the text and email at 3:30 with our room assignment, while we were in ME and went straight to the room.

So far it's been a good experience.

Glad all of your requests were met and your room was ready upon arrival :goodvibes. Hope you have a great time and enjoy the Poly! :wizard:

Poly has always been my favorite resort, even though they took out the gardens in the Great Ceremonial House. I made a quick video overview of the resort after the construction was finished. Just thought some of you fellow Poly Fans might like to see it to dream of your home away from home!! :-)

The video is great, thanks for sharing :flower3:. The Poly is our favorite as well and we can't wait to return next summer.

Thanks for the awesome video! We arrive at the Polynesian in 27 days, now I can't wait to see the updates in person! Getting really excited! :cool1:

I would like to know why no one is talking about the hot tub? I know it's new this year. Are there no hot tubers in this group? Just wondering?

Hi all,

Staying at the Poly in December for the first time ever in a studio villa. My question is... What building do you recommend?

Thanks!!

I would like to know why no one is talking about the hot tub? I know it's new this year. Are there no hot tubers in this group? Just wondering?

*LOL* I wonder if anyone has had a chance to use it. It's been taken out of service several times for repair work.

Thanks, I'll dig back and see what I can find! It may have been your post I remember seeing with the offerings on the 4th :)

I found these pictures, just in case you didn't. They were from our 2014 stay, but the food was exactly the same this year. Sorry, I just have my own plate. There were baked beans too.

1c42c03c0fef6c9d639fd3dae4647115_zps894aef35.jpg

This shows the roped off area on the beach for the CL guests

3e46f147ce636ca5a655880cd5d9f72f_zps1aedb071.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter