Disney's "Oceans"

Discussion in 'Disney Movies, Books, TV and Music' started by Sorsha, Apr 22, 2010.

1. Sorsha

Sorsha <font color=royalblue>People, don't be like the ch

Has anyone seen this yet today?

When you do, can you verify whether or not this is "new" material?

I was SO disappointed the Disney "Earth" was simply a re-cutting and re-splicing of the Discovery Channel's Planet: Earth. Before I spend time/money on Oceans, I want to be sure I won't just be seeing a remake of the Planet: Earth water episodes.

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. hichewlova

hichewlova Mouseketeer

I just posted a review in an existing Oceans thread, but the minute I read your question I had to respond. You'll be happy to know that it's all new footage! I have yet to see it but my coworkers saw a screening a few nights ago and it's all brand spanking new! Hope that helps.

AND just a little PSA for our beautiful earth : Disney is giving back too - as part of their See Oceans, Save Oceans campaign to save the coral reefs - if you see an opening week showing, part of that money goes to protect coral reefs.

4. Sorsha

OOPS! Didn't know there was an existing Oceans thread... can you direct me to it? Thanks! :hippie:

5. hichewlova

hichewlova Mouseketeer

Oh no problem - this thread can be the new "official Oceans thread!"

Did you end up seeing the movie? I've read that it's equally beautifully and moving. Like a real life Avatar - you know? Who wouldn't want to protect that?

6. Sorsha

I haven't seen it yet.. I rarely go to the theater, its too cursed expensive. I will probably end up waiting for video, but will definitely buy it!

Just saw Avatar this afternoon, for the first time... LOVED it!!

7. hichewlova

hichewlova Mouseketeer

I gotcha, but for this type of film, when the visuals are such a key point, I thinking seeing it in the theater is such a cool experience, you know? Feels like you are actually underwater...

Did pretty well in the box office so that's cool that that money will translate into helping protect the environment - Bravo DisneyNature