Disney's Magical Express

OK! I've already bought and paid for my Dreamaker Package (via AAA) for July of "05 and part of includes ground transportation for Mears to and from WDW. Does this mean that AAA will now deduct this from my package price?

Thanks for reporting. This is the first I've seen on this and I was just on the portal this AM.

My wonderful DU rep just sent me this info. Just gives me another excuse to take a fall trip to the WDW!

In case anyone has really slow dial up internet like I do, here is what Magical Express is:

If you're visiting Walt Disney World and staying at a Disney owned resort during the Happiest Celebration on Earth commencing on May 5, 2005, you'll be able to take advantage of complimentary airport shuttle service, luggage delivery and airline check-in.

Starting on May 5, the Disney's Magical Express service will allow guests to check their luggage at their hometown airport and have it taken directly from the Orlando International Airport to their Disney Resort. (This service is patterned after the luggage system used by Disney Cruise Line guests who use DCL transfers.)

In addition, there will be a Resort Airline Check-in Desk where departing guests can check their bags and receive their boarding passes when leaving their Disney Resort.

While the inbound domestic airlines are not restricted, as of now the outbound pre-flight check in at the resort is limited to guests flying on American, Delta, Song, Continental, United or Ted. Guests using these airlines can check their bags and receive their boarding passes between 6:00am and 2:00pm at the Resort Airline Check-In Desk located in or near the lobby of their Disney resort.

The Disney's Magical Express complimentary shuttle service will be provided by Mears Transportation. Upon arrival at the Orlando International Airport, guests are greeted by a Disney representative. They will then be directed to the Disney Welcome Center which will be located on the Level One/A side of the airport and be scheduled for the next available shuttle.

When returning home, guests will be notified the day prior to their departure of the pick-up time. The Motor Coach will be scheduled to pick up guests approximately 2 ¾ hours prior to their flight departure. Guests will be picked up from their Disney resort.

Transportation is provided round the clock and is available seven days a week. Guests using the Disney's Magical Express service should anticipate sharing transportation with vacationers staying at the other Disney resorts.

These services are provided through a partnership with the Orlando International Airport, Mears Transportation, BAGS Inc., ARINC Incorporated, the Transportation Security Administration and American, Continental, Delta, Song, United and Ted airlines. (Other airlines may be added in the future.)

Starting on January 2, 2005, Disney's Magical Express can be booked with any new package or room-only reservation with arrivals beginning on May 5. Disney will need to be provided with the Originating/connecting city into the Orlando airport, the departure destination, the Airline carrier and the flight numbers.

If the flight has not been booked when the Disney resort reservation is made, it can be added up to 10 days in advance.

This service is also being offered to guests with existing reservations with arrival on May 5 and beyond.

Documentation will be provided twenty-one days prior to arrival. Guests will receive an Airport Transportation Booklet which will provide an overview of the service and will also have the luggage tags which are to be attached to the checked bags prior to departure. If the Disney's Magical Express service is added inside of 10 days of arrival, alternate arrangements will be made.

This service is for domestic travel only and will not be offered to guests staying at the Swan/Dolphin hotels, the seven hotels in the Hotel Plaza Boulevard vicinity and Shades of Green.

I just posted this info on the theme parks and stratagies board........all the info is there under.."News from Disney, now they have all the angles covered, I received it in my email.....I believe it says the service starts Jan. 2

Chyam, it can be added to your reservation starting on January 2, but the actual program begins on May 5, 2005. :D

Thanks for clarifing that for me, although I posted it for others since it is something that I will never need, I believe the info is important. Thanks again, I guess I didn't fully read it!....I am truely a blonde!

Call me skeptical, but why do I see lost luggage galore with this!? Not to mention taking 3 hours to get to my hotel.

I don't care if it's free, I wouldn't use it. I don't want to be stuck with a ton of people going a bunch of places, who are cranky from a long flight, no way.

plus I like having a grocery stop.

To me it's worth spending extra for a private transfer and grocery stop.

Anne

petchie said:
Call me skeptical, but why do I see lost luggage galore with this!? Not to mention taking 3 hours to get to my hotel.

That's exactly what I was thinking...although I have used their service for the DCL and it worked fine. But at least w/the DCL all the luggage is going to the same place. Sounds like delivering it to 20+ different hotels could get confusing. -Steph

We've done a couple of DCL land/sea vacations, the ones where you go to WDW first and then on the cruise. For those vacations, the luggage can be checked at your home airport and Disney delivers it to your resort, which can be nearly any resort on the property. We've never had a problem - luggage was delivered to the resort the same time we got there. So I guess it could work as well under this new plan.

Disney always seemed to want to control the entire trip of their "guests".

By getting you directly from the airport, they have then shut out the rest of the tourism companies in Central Florida from getting ANY of your money. They then control the Corridor.

Not sure how I feel about that. Think of all the wonderful attractions that can be lost (and those already gone)

petchie said:
Disney always seemed to want to control the entire trip of their "guests".

By getting you directly from the airport, they have then shut out the rest of the tourism companies in Central Florida from getting ANY of your money. They then control the Corridor.

Not sure how I feel about that. Think of all the wonderful attractions that can be lost (and those already gone)
Oh How I agree with this........Disney does want to control you and your every move and every dollar spent. As much as I love them I think they are a bit to greedy. At one time there was talk of a train from the airport but Disney would not allow it to pass through their property if it made any other stops (Universal) And unless Disney gets going on some good thrill rides they are going to keep losing people to Universal. just my opinion of course.

This will be a help to me.....there are 5 of us, and sometimes fitting all the luggage in the car is a pain. I can have the luggage delivered and rent a smaller car......yeah!

Julia

Julia M...I am with you. I would love to get Disney to deliver our luggage and then rent a smaller van. It would be really great not to have to lug 8 peoples (DH, myself, 6 kids!!!) luggage through the airport. However, I would hate not having a car!

I've often wondered why Disney didn't offer complimentary airport shuttle service to people staying at their resorts. I think this is a wonderful perk!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter