Disney's Magical Express/RAC - What "Participating Airline" Really Means!

Discussion in 'Transportation' started by Chip 'n Dale Express, Oct 27, 2005.

1. Alesia

Alesia DIS Veteran

70 to 90 minutes from when you step off the plane is the average.

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. keypooh90

keypooh90 Lovatic

Thanks so much!

4. molliewalks

molliewalks Mouseketeer

are the DME buses handicapped accessible? my MIL uses an electric wheelchair, and just want to make sure they will be able to accomodate her.

5. goofy4tink

goofy4tink No tags...not needed! Transportation moderator Moderator

Some are. You may find that they can't accomodate your MIL on a 'regular' DME bus, but will be able to on a different type bus. DME brings in different buses if the need is there. I would call DME directly and check with them.
    Here is what I found on Disney's site regarding this....

Airport Transportation and Check In – Frequently Asked Questions

Q.
    Do Disney's Magical Express motorcoaches accommodate wheelchairs?

A.
    Yes. Remember to indicate that you’ll be traveling with a wheelchair when you book your Disney's Magical Express reservation.

If you did not select Disney's Magical Express transportation and include your flight information when you made your reservation, all you need to do is add Disney’s Magical Express to your reservation on the My Reservations page in My Disney Experience. Look for the “Airport Transportation” label under your reservation and select the “Add Flight Information for Disney’s Magical Express Transportation” link.

If you do not see your reservation in My Reservations, you can manually look it up and add it to your disneyworld.com account. You will need your Resort Confirmation Number.

You can also add Disney's Magical Express information to your reservation by calling (866) 599-0951. Guests under 18 years of age must have parent or guardian permission to call.

6. molliewalks

molliewalks Mouseketeer

Thanks so much for the info!! I couldn't find it!! This is going to be her first trip in a very long time and she is very nervous about everything. My MIL and FIL are flying down by themselves and the rest of us are driving. My son is extreme ADHD and prone to panic attacks as well as fear of heights, so no plane for him. He said he would fly, but have 'been there, done that' with his fears to often to actually try it. I can only see him freaking out in airport and refusing to get on plane.

7. MackenzieFL

MackenzieFL Mouseketeer

The thread is 50+ pages and I couldn't read closely through all and browsing I didn't see it. So I hope I'm not rehashing but here goes...

We live just about an hour away and are renting a car to get to our Disney resort, and home from the resort. We're just going to stay on property and use Disney transportation.

My husband has to drop off & pick up the rental cars at the airport the days we check in & out... would he be able to ride the DME back and forth? Or does he have to have a plane ticket?

It'd be nice to avoid paying cab fare.

8. goofy4tink

If I'm reading this right, you guys are driving to MCO, and then returning the car there. Then, when it's time to head home, heading back to MCO to rent a car for the drive back?
    If this is the case, he is fine. You can drive to MCO, drop off the car, and then take DME to your WDW resort. When it's time to head back, to rent the car for your return drive, you can take DME then as well.
    If this isn't what your intent is, let me know.

9. MackenzieFL

MackenzieFL Mouseketeer

That is exactly the case, yes, thank you.

:banana:That's a nice little wad o' cash that can go to the souvenir fund:banana:

10. goofy4tink

And remember...you have to make those DME reservations in advance!!

11. merfsko

merfsko Mouseketeer

I was about to ask the same thing (we are also flying with Delta, first to Atlanta, then to Toronto- customs is done in Canada for us). I didn't see a response... what did you guys end up doing? (Or does anyone else have an answer)?

EDIT: After spending quite a bit of time going through old posts on the Canadian boards, I am 99% that this is considered international. Just in case anyone else was curious.

12. CleveRocks

CleveRocks <font color=red>Rock 'n' Roller Coaster worshipper

It's definitely considered an international flight, which unfortunately makes you ineligible to use RAC. Guests' bags get checked through to the final destination, and your final destination is outside the USA, which means it can't be done.

13. annieL

annieL Earning My Ears

We are flying out of and back into Buffalo airport. Can we use the RAC for our bags at the end of our trip?

14. annieL

annieL Earning My Ears

Just to claify: Buffalo is our final destination as we will be driving home from there.

15. goofy4tink

I would think it wouldn't be any issue as long as you are flying into a US airport. Last time I checked, Buffalo was still part of us, so sure..RAC should be fine..as long as you are on a participating airline and you aren't flying prior to 8:30am.

16. jodywgirl

jodywgirl DIS Veteran

We won't be using disney magical express but I would like to use RAC. We are flying southwest do you sign up for this ahead of time or can I just talk to them when we checkin. I want them to check in for me.

17. goofy4tink

No need to sign up for RAC. Just be sure to be at the RAC counter no less than 3 hrs prior to your flight departure. You have to be done and walking away from the counter no less than 3 hrs prior to flight time. That means getting to the counter at least 3.5 hrs prior...just in case. And the counter is open only from 5am to about 1pm...so plan accordingly.

18. CleveRocks

CleveRocks <font color=red>Rock 'n' Roller Coaster worshipper

It doesn't require any sort of advance sign-up. In fact, there is no way to sign up in advance. You simply go to your resort's RAC desk when it's the appropriate time to do so.

19. canyoncam

canyoncam original Bambi &Thumper

I am probably remembering wrong so hoping someone can enlighten me. In 2010 when I flew Southwest it seemed that DME/RAC checked me in for for my flight and I got A group bounding because they did it at the 24 hour mark. But I was thinking of doing the EBCI with Southwest if they do not do this anymore. Anyone know? Thanks.

20. jodywgirl

jodywgirl DIS Veteran

If you are using DME they do check you in at the 24 hours. I was wondering how it would work if you are just using the RAC part in the original post and will either use EBCI or check in myself at the 24 hour mark and have RAC print our boarding passes

21. shannon006

shannon006 DIS Veteran

We have never had a morning departure before and not too happy, but it is what it is. Anyway, our AirTran flight leaves MCO at 11;24,am so assuming we need to be ready for Magical Express at about 8:20ish. Are we able to do still do RAC and check our luggage ? Or will we still have to check our luggage in at MCO? This is a domestic flight.