Disney's Magical Express/RAC - What "Participating Airline" Really Means!

Discussion in 'Transportation' started by Chip 'n Dale Express, Oct 27, 2005.

1. Jams421

Jams421 Earning My Ears

I have a silly question. I am leaving in August and after I booked my flights I called to add my DME flight info(as well as request free dining :teeth: ) . We received the new travel papers (the ones with your Itineraries) but it says Flight Unknown 433 and Flight Unknown 430 and that the time was unknown for our DME ressies. I checked our reservation online and it says the same. I know the CM took our flight info as she asked me to spell out the Airline (jetblue) and confirmed our flight times 3 times. Will I have issues with DME? Should I call and make sure they have all the flight info?

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. mickey mommy

mickey mommy Mouseketeer

Funny you should ask this.....As I have the same question, except my flight is with Southwest! Hopefully someone here has an answer! :listen:

4. Chip 'n Dale Express

Chip 'n Dale Express Can't stay put!<br><font color=purple>I met lots o

Don't worry about it. You're FINE. :)

On the off chance that there's an issue on the return flight, they'll correct it when you check into the welcome center.

5. Jams421

Jams421 Earning My Ears

thanks!! That's what I hoped :sunny:

6. Katems

Katems Mouseketeer

Any news on US Air becoming one of the airlines to participate in resort check in? I leave in August....

7. tribus121

tribus121 DIS Veteran

I would like to know allso as we are leaving in september

8. Rags

Rags DIS Veteran

I would like to know about usairways also :teeth:

9. taekwondo mom

taekwondo mom DIS Veteran

I booked our flight for our Dec. trip on US AIR.. So I hope they join...

10. americanmale

americanmale Earning My Ears

I emailed bags, inc. last week, they are the company that handles the airport check-in and they confirmed that US was in the plans to be added to hotel airline check in along with Airtran and Southwest. No timetable was given though!

11. Corinne

Corinne DIS Veteran aka DVCTink

I wish Southwest would become a participating airline, SOON!

12. Sunkissed

Sunkissed DIS Veteran

Crossing my fingers for AirTran to join in time for our trip. We have TTC booked rt to and from MCO, but would definitely like to take advantage of the check-in.

13. huey578

huey578 Test Track Dummy

I read that USAir has now been added.

14. Chip 'n Dale Express

As of Friday, this is not the case. They may be coming soon, but there is no ETA on that.

15. huey578

huey578 Test Track Dummy

I read this on DISnews. Is this something different than ME?

US Air joins BAGS service
    Posted on June 01, 2006
    Orlando Sentinel - Disney and cruise vacationers traveling on US Airways will soon have one less travel headache: transporting their luggage. US Air is the 11th airline to join Baggage Airline Guest Services Inc. to partner with Walt Disney World, cruise lines and other hotels to provide baggage transport and remote airline check-in services.

The business allows passengers to skip baggage claim at the airport when they arrive in Orlando. When they arrive at participating hotels or cruise lines their luggage will be delivered to their rooms. The service also allows departing passengers to print their airline boarding pass from their hotel lobby.

16. Chip 'n Dale Express

BAGS is the 3rd party that handles the Resort Airline Checkin (RAC) desk. They also do RAC desks at non-Disney hotels. Northwest was part of BAGS long before it became part of the Disney RAC desk.

It's very well possible that US Airways will be joining Disney's RAC soon. However, as of today, they are not currently participating.

17. huey578

huey578 Test Track Dummy

Thanks for the info! :thumbsup2

18. mherb

mherb Mouseketeer

I booked airfare through Southwest and we have our Magical Express tags and documents. Is Southwest not suppose to be a participating airline? I am confused it it is not why did they let me book ME? :confused3

ETA: I just found out that we have to carry our bags on the bus and check them out ourselves.

Also, if my departing (from WDW to go home) flight leaves at 4:50 what time will Magical Express leave POFQ. I can't seem to find this info anywhere and really want to plan my last day well. Thanks!

ETA: I just found out it is three hours prior to flight time.

19. legalslave

legalslave <font color=purple>Keep the board going for me whi

Mherb - you do NOT have to get your bags on your inbound flight. ME will transport them "magically" to your room. You DO have to bring your bags with you on your RETURN flight. ALL airlines "participate" in the delivery of luggage to the resort when you arrive.

20. ACDSNY

ACDSNY I love my job! I love my job! I love my job!

I've put in a roundtrip reservation for ME on-line through the DVC members website for July, we're staying at BWV for 1 night then moving to Dolphin for 5 nights for a conference.

I've received a confirmation, but after reading this thread I'm worried I shouldn't of booked the return to MCO. I figured we'd have to board ME at Boardwalk since that's were our reservation started. Should I cancel the return?

21. Chip 'n Dale Express

You will not be able to take DME back to the airport. They do not service the Swan/Dolphin. Nor can you just walk over to the Boardwalk, as you will not have a reservation. DME's reservations are linked to your hotel stay, and are only valid for those dates.