Disney's Magical Express/RAC - What "Participating Airline" Really Means!

Discussion in 'Transportation' started by Chip 'n Dale Express, Oct 27, 2005.

1. CleveRocks

CleveRocks <font color=red>Rock 'n' Roller Coaster worshipper

For your flight INTO Orlando, airline doesn't matter at all ... not even a little bit.

For your flight back home, airline matters. Passengers on the "participating airlines" can check in for their flight while still at their resort, including checking their luggage through to their final destination. Passengers not on a participating airline have to take their own luggage to the bus, and then check in with their airline once they get to the airport.

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. iakot

iakot Mouseketeer

This question is about the return flight home and Northwest Airlines. I know any airline works on the outbound.

I am on a NW flight that code shares with Midwest Airlines (they are now owned by the same company). The flight I am on is really a Midwest Flight, but NW had a deal that undercut the fare on Midwest (don't ever try to understand airline fares).

Question: Can I still use Magical Express Resort Airline Check-in service since the ticket is written for the NW Flight?

Thanks.

4. clkelley

clkelley <font color=purple>I squealed really loud!!<br><fo

Depends. For a long time we were using a Delta commuter flight that was actually a small codeshare of Delta. Most of the time it was eligible for RAC, but there was one trip that they had some type of contract problem and we couldn't use RAC. That flight moved to really bad times of day, and was subsequently discontinued, so we now use SW.

5. disneydaveb

disneydaveb Mouseketeer

Yes. We did this back in 2007 at ASMu. Disney calls this a "continuing reservation". If at all possible, they keep you in the same room. Our room did not change. However, we were required to go down to the lobby and check in again the next morning. We received new cards with the dining plan info on them.
    This was very easy.

Also, I had a pin code for 20% that was applied to the seperate room only resevation for the one night.

6. jensen

jensen DIS Veteran

We did this at Pop two years ago and they didn't even make us go to the front desk to re-check-in... they called us to schedule a convenient time for the front desk person to come to our room and bring the paperwork for us to sign. Talk about great customer service!!!

7. Candy30

Candy30 DIS Veteran

Our return flight for SW does not leave until 7:45 PM. I understand that the resort will stow our bags and we have to claim them 30 minutes prior to our time to get on the bus. Do you have any idea what time our bus would leave for a flight at 7:45? We are trying to get the most out of our stay and go to a park that day and wanted to know what time we would have to leave. I hate to eve think of leaving Disney. I am sad now and I am not even there yet!!:charac2:

8. disneydaveb

disneydaveb Mouseketeer

It is usually about 3hrs prior to your flight.

9. goofy4tink

goofy4tink No tags...not needed! Transportation moderator Moderator

Your pickup time will be around 4:45. Be sure you are back at your resort about 45 mins before that time. That time, that you are given, is the time the bus leaves, for the airport, not the time you should be strolling up to the bus stop!
    It can take a bit of time for Bell Services/Luggage Assistence to get your bags out of storage...especially if there are others doing the same thing you are doing. So plan accordingly. You should leave about 20 mins to get the bags...just in case. So, if your p/u time is 4:45, be back at your resort by 4, get your bags (should be 4:20 by now), use the restrooms, then head out to the DME bus stop by 4:30..the bus may arrive early and you can get on and relax.

10. swabikedude

swabikedude Loving everything "DISNEY"

Wondering if anyone out there is staying at the Pop Century Resort in the next week or so - because...

Southwest Airlines is finally allowing Disney Resort Guests to check in baggage AT the Pop Century Resort only at this time as part of a "test" phase.

If it is successful, and we know it will be, it will most likely be expanded to all the Disney Resorts!

So - watch for it and tell us how it goes!

REMEMBER - Southwest Airlines allows everyone TWO CHECKED BAGS for FREE! Strollers/car seats do NOT count as one of your TWO checked bags - so those are FREE as well, as long as there is an infant or small child traveling!

Hooray - Pop Century Guests will get to try it out first!!!

11. goofy4tink

Wow, that will be terrific. But until we get truly official word, it may be best to remain calm here.

12. pilotwife_02

pilotwife_02 DIS Veteran

Thanks for all the great advice and tips!

I can't wait to go!

13. CanadianPaco

CanadianPaco I miss my tags!

Here's my question ... we're flying Air Tran and have booked into ASMu for 5 days. The next 5 days we plan on going to the beach. We don't need a rental car for those 5 WDW days. Could we ME to the hotel and back to the airport, handle our own luggage and get to a car rental place?:eek:

14. CleveRocks

CleveRocks <font color=red>Rock 'n' Roller Coaster worshipper

Yes. No problem.

15. SassyTink213

SassyTink213 Mouseketeer

we are leaving tomorrow. We're flying southwest and are staying at the Pop century. I'll see if they're still doing the test run and post about it as soon as I get back on the 26th. Thanks for the info!!

16. swabikedude

swabikedude Loving everything "DISNEY"

Great - let us know all about it!!!!

17. jeanylaser

jeanylaser Walt Disney World Dolphin resort biggest fan

I can't wait to fly Jet Blue! Can we get the DME to All-Star Movies!

18. goofy4tink

DME goes to all Disney owned resorts/hotels. It does not go to the Swan, Dolphin or Shades of Green. All other WDW resorts are serviced by DME.

19. George69

George69 Mouseketeer

Even though you fly a non partic. airline, the resort can still confirm trip and print boarding passes., but yes, YOU have to transport your own luggage.

20. SassyTink213

SassyTink213 Mouseketeer

Just got back tuesday...we flew southwest and stayed at POP.
    Our bags arrived at the POP no problem, but when we checked out there was not check in for our baggage at the POP. I asked about it and the man who checked us out acted clueless about it. I mentioned I had read about the "test phase" and he told me that he was unaware of the "test" but asked another CM about it and they said the "test phase" was over and appologized that we missed it. It would be wonderful if they would extend the service! Hopefully some other Disers got to enjoy the "test phase"!! Hope you all have great trips!!

21. TDC Nala

TDC Nala <font color=red>1937, what a year that was<br><fon Moderator

News as of June 1: Southwest is now a participating airline for Resort Airline Check-In.