Disney's Magical Express/RAC - What "Participating Airline" Really Means!

Discussion in 'Transportation' started by Chip 'n Dale Express, Oct 27, 2005.

1. goofy4tink

goofy4tink No tags...not needed! Transportation moderator Moderator

Yes, Jetblue is a participating airline. And yes, DME goes to the Contemporary..it goes to all Disney owned resorts.

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. jeanylaser

jeanylaser Embassy Suites Orlando-Lake Buena Vista big fan

Can you tell me the Phone number for the DME! So my mom will call as soon as possible. Oh! one more thing! Where is the concourse of Jet Blue!

4. goofy4tink

Jetblue arrives on Side A of MCO. You will leave the gate area and take the tram to the main terminal. You will then go across the terminal (not very long) and go to Side B..you will see it lit up in neon letters above you. Go down to level 1...ground transportation.
    As far as making your reservation with DME, you really should call whomever you booked your room reservation with. They will be more than happy to book your DME ride for you.

5. Momof2Disneyboys

Momof2Disneyboys DIS Veteran

Thanks. I hope you are right. I know we used ME in May with SW and everything was just fine. So I figured this is something brand new or the CM was misinformed or confused.

6. jeanylaser

thanks for the info! But I need the phone number for DME! Can we call disney to make the reservations can we do that?

7. CleveRocks

CleveRocks <font color=red>Rock 'n' Roller Coaster worshipper

DME only has access to resort reservations within the next 60 days. If your arrival date is within 60 days from now, then call DME at 866-599-0951. If your arrival date is beyond that time, call the Disney Reservations Center at 407-W-DISNEY ... they can make your DME reservation for you just fine. Personally, I've never made my DME reservations directly through DME, I've only done it through DRC.

8. goofy4tink

As I said before, your mom should call whomever she booked your room reservation with. They are best equipped to make your DME reservation.

9. jeanylaser

Does The Disney's Magical Express goes to the Animal Kingdom Lodge. My Mom and I are flying to Orlando on January 2009? The Disney's Magical Express is free!

10. CleveRocks

As goofy4tink told you in post #801 (above), DME goes to ALL Walt Disney World owned-and-operated resorts.

11. jeanylaser

Thank you! for the info! and oh! DME is Free!

12. Camno's Mama

Camno's Mama DIS Veteran

I have a question that may have been answered somewhere in these 50 some pages, but I think it's a pretty simple one! So, sorry if it's been dealt with already!

We are flying SW, and get in around lunch time. If we stop and eat at the food court in the airport, will that throw anything off? It is my understanding that we can do whatever and get on the bus...the bags are taken care of and there will be a bus waiting whenever.

Is that correct? I would so love to have them fed and happy during the bus line, on the ride, and during check-in!

13. CleveRocks

You are 100% correct. When you land in Orlando, there is not a bus specifically waiting for YOU. You just get to the DME counter whenever you darn well feel like it and they'll get you on the next bus to your resort. No one will be delayed because of you. No staffers will be worried about your well-being, etc.

Go feed that family!!!

14. Camno's Mama

Camno's Mama DIS Veteran

Thank you! We've never stayed onsite before, so it's a whole new world. It seems too good to be true...how easy everything is. I'm looking forward to it...only two months from today!

15. n2mm

n2mm aka WALTSGIRL

We were in WDW 2 weeks ago and I picked up the BAGs/RAC info for checking bags that now have a fee. It gave instructions on what needs to be done in order to pay the fee prior to checking your bags for your departure. However, at the bottom it said that United is presently not charging for checked bags at this time. (I'm assuming it was because they didn't have a system set up yet.) Has anyone flown United recently and could response whether they are now able to pay or are United still now enforcing their fee. I see on United website they now have a way to pay prior to getting to the airport. I was trying to find out what we need to do for the return flight.

16. tiggerfan4me

tiggerfan4me Mouseketeer

I have also heard that starting next year Air Tran will be charging for checking bags from the hotel. Does anybody know anything about this. We are due to use AirTran 3/29-4/2. If there is a fee we will be willing to pay it just for the convenience as long as it isn't too much, we just need to find out what has to be done. thanks.

17. dudspizza

dudspizza I married in to a Disney crazy family... now I hav

Any ticket booked on or after Nov 12 will have baggage fees. Go to www.airtran.com and click on baggage FAQ's.

Duds

18. angboys3

angboys3 stuff and fluff

I have a question. We will be using ME when we arrive, though we will get our own baggage, last time their baggage delivery was a disaster.

However, when we check out on our last day at WDW, we want a full day at the parks so we are going to be staying at a hotel on site at the airport that night. Can ME drop us back off at airport without a departure time for that same day? We aren't flying out till the following day, we won't be checking luggage as we will want it with us most likely.

Or do we need to arrange for a town car to drop us off directly at our airport hotel? Which do you think would work out better. Does anyone have a link to a good town car service?

19. clkelley

clkelley <font color=purple>I squealed really loud!!<br><fo

The easiest thing to do is to give the reservations folks a flight number that is scheduled about 3 hours before you wish to return to the airport. It doesn't matter where it is going. Then you will receive a pickup time and will load your luggage under the bus. When you arrive at the airport, you can then proceed to the shuttle for your airport hotel. Or just go upstairs if you are staying at the Hyatt.

We really would like to hear what your experiences were when you stated that "baggage delivery was a disaster"

20. Humphrey53209

Humphrey53209 Mouseketeer

We booked our Delta Air tix before Delta instituted their 1st bag charge. I know we don't have to pay that fee but how does RAC handle this? Are they aware that we don't have to pay the fee or must we too call BAGS? Thanks!

Regards,
    Humphrey53209

21. goofy4tink

RAC can tell, when they print out your boarding passes, whether or not you need to pay any luggage fees. Be sure you know, for yourself, whether or not you need to pay any fees...if you do, you have to call BAGS directly, and pay the fees, before being able to checkin in with RAC.