Disney's Magical Express/RAC - What "Participating Airline" Really Means!

Discussion in 'Transportation' started by Chip 'n Dale Express, Oct 27, 2005.

1. goofy4tink

goofy4tink No tags...not needed! Transportation moderator Moderator

Okay, color me stupid, but why won't the TA help you? Can either of you (dh or you) call them (TA) and tell them that you have tried to add DME yourself but Disney told you to have the TA do it? That yes, you are entitled to it, but the TA has to add it.
    Otherwise, you may have to wait and try to get DME to do it directly, closer to the trip.

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. krdindy

krdindy Disney Lover

We've called them (TA) several times over the past month, and they keep telling us it's a service they don't offer. We've told them all they have to do is call Disney and give them our flight numbers, but they say they can't provide that service. We've also told them we can't add DME ourselves, but they don't seem to care. Our trip is less than 6 weeks away, so hopefully DME can add it for us. I hate to pay for a towncar, if we can ride DME for free. Our kids like the bus trip/movie, and will really miss it if we can't book it.

4. goofy4tink

Well, that just plain..oh, never mind..you get my drift. It's disheartening to hear of this type mentality. I love it...they don't provide that service. It's not as if you wanted 'them' to drive you to the resort. Hopefully, you'll get it worked out directly through DME. Let us know.

5. kimbo0569

kimbo0569 DIS Veteran

I'm using the DME for the first time in September for our trip and really love the idea of not having to worry about our luggage until we arrive in our room. I just booked our airfare and the DME this past Friday and I'm waiting for our luggage tags.

We are arriving in Orlando on JetBlue at 10am (roundabout). Has anyone ever had a problem with not getting their luggage once they arrive at their resort?
    And about how much time should it take for our bags to get to our room, once we've arrived?

Thanks for your help.

6. goofy4tink

When you get your DME info packet you will see that they tell you to expect your luggage in your resort room within up to three hours after checking in at the resort.
    I always, as does DME, recommend that you pack a carryon bag with anything you may need for the start of your vacation. I always pack a change of clothes, swimsuit and sunscreen. As well as all my paperwork, passes..that type thing. Sometimes an airline can misdirect a piece of luggage. If that happens, you'll have something clean to wear and don't have to worry about being held up at the start of your trip.

If you arrive at MCO at 10:00, you should be at your resort by 11:00-11:15. Your bags 'should' get to the room by 2-3pm as long as the room is ready.

7. krdindy

krdindy Disney Lover

Thanks for understanding! I'll let you know what I find out from DME!

8. Minnie&Nana

Minnie&Nana Dreams do come true!

Do not even want to think they will not be willing to help in this case! You are a Disney guest and therefore entitled to use DME - it's not your fault the TA wil not take care of it..the TA clearly never books Disney and has no idea how unfair it is to you. Or the TA is a jerk:sad2:

Fingers crossed that it works out easily once you call DME - how about requesting to speak with a manager at the travel agency? Every TA has a manager..and if this is a corporate travel agency, the manager would not be happy to hear of this lack of customer service!

Do keep us posted, please? Sending lots of good wishes ::yes::

9. kimbo0569

kimbo0569 DIS Veteran

Thank you, Diane!

10. krdindy

krdindy Disney Lover

Thanks for all of the good tips. Unfortunately we are "not allowed" to speak directly with the travel agent. We have to go through the rewards company that my husband's company has hired to run its rewards program. We don't even know the name of the travel agency. We booked a Disney trip 3 years ago through the same rewards company, but apparently with a different TA, because it was a piece of cake that year. The company paid for our room/flights, and we had to fight this year to get the TA to allow us to pay out of pocket to add our tickets/dining plan to make it a package. I think we got that straightened out last week, after a month of phone calls!

Anyway, update on DME! I called DME directly (thanks for the suggestion). The CM was very nice and gave me a Disney website to go to and make my DME reservation. It was so easy (almost too easy, after what we've been through). I was emailed a confirmation and everything! Thanks so much for everyone's help!:thanks:

11. jeankeri

jeankeri <font color=darkorchid>I threw cartons of milk at

krdindy- :cheer2: Great news!! Enjoy your DME!!:cheer2:

12. goofy4tink

Most excellent news. Glad it all worked out for you. Have a great trip!!

13. Daisylover

Daisylover Mouseketeer

Hi,

I'm wondering what hours the shuttle service is offered. We will be arriving in Orlando about 10-10:30 PM. Will there be a shuttle available for us at that hour?

Thanks for your help and peace of mind :flower3:

14. goofy4tink

DME is a 24/7 operation. There may be fewer buses running later in the evening, but as long as they know you are coming in, they will have means to transport you to your resort.
    If you are going to let DME take care of your checked luggage, I would suggest that you pack a carryon with anything you will need for that arrival night. You won't get your bags until the next morning, unless you wish to be awakened in the middle of the night.
    Even if you don't tag your checked bags, and choose to get them yourself at baggage claim, it's always a good idea to have that properly packed carryon...just in case the airlines misdirect some luggage.

15. CleveRocks

CleveRocks <font color=red>Rock 'n' Roller Coaster worshipper

We landed around 10:00 p.m. on a Saturday night. Disney's Magical Express dropped us off at our resort 56 minutes later. It was great. There were only 12 of us on the bus.

16. SnowWhite33

SnowWhite33 DIS Veteran

I'm sure this has been answered somewhere in the 50+ pages, but search isn't working for me right now :headache:

We do not have our flights booked yet and our trip is 48 days away :scared1: We are looking to get those booked in the next couple of weeks and know the flight numbers and times. Can I call and book DME without actually being booked with the airline? And should we end up on different flights how difficult is it to get the information changed.

Also our flights will be on SW, so will we have to claim our own luggage when we arrive at MCO and then put it on the ME bus ourselves on the flight home?

Thanks!

17. clkelley

clkelley <font color=purple>I squealed really loud!!<br><fo

Yes, you can go ahead and book DME now and just add your flight numbers when you know them.

For SW, you CAN put the tags on your luggage and Disney will take care of them on the way TO Disney. No problem. Participating airline only matters on the way home.

You have to take your bags to the airport under the bus on the way home.

18. goodferry

goodferry DIS Veteran

OK, help me set DH's mind at ease, this is our first time using ME, we usually get a towncar. Our SW airlines flight arrives at MCO at 9:10 am, how long (approx.) should it take to arrive at the Wilderness Lodge, assuming that we decide to use the luggage transfer option.
    Also, if we use the ME luggage transfer, go to our resort and check in and head out to a park, will we have to call for our luggage when we get back or will it automatically be sent to our room?

19. clkelley

clkelley <font color=purple>I squealed really loud!!<br><fo

You should be at your resort somewhere around 10:30 am. Average time from deplaning to arriving at your resort has been 70 minutes.

Your luggage will be delivered to your room AUTOMATICALLY when it arrives at your resort from the baggage folks.

20. CdnDisneyNut

CdnDisneyNut <font color=coral>What way does the "C" go again?<

Also staying at Pop and flying with Jetblue. Does Pop have a DME counter to check in your luggage for the return trip to the airport?

TIA

21. goofy4tink

Yep. It's over by the luggage service area. It's over to the upper right of where you will be dropped off at by the DME bus. It is outside though.