Disney's Magical Express/RAC - What "Participating Airline" Really Means!

Discussion in 'Transportation' started by Chip 'n Dale Express, Oct 27, 2005.

1. goofy4tink

goofy4tink No tags...not needed! Transportation moderator Moderator

There is a direct phone to DME....866-599-0951. But, they much prefer it if you call whomever you booked your room through. DME sometimes won't even talk to you until about 3 weeks prior to your departure for MCO.
    So, give whomever you booked your resort stay with. They will take all your info and then hand it off to DME just before you leave.
    As for who gets what...the person who is the primary person on the reservation (the one making the reservation) will get the DME info packet with yellow luggage tags for everyone listed on the reservation. It will be up to that person to get everyone else their luggage tags before departure. DME/WDW will not send out individual info packets.

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. Minnie&Nana

Minnie&Nana Dreams do come true!

Better call CRO right now ~ but may not have time to get the luggage tags across the US in time for the flights.

Thank you, Diane! :)

4. goofy4tink

You may have the time. DME will most likely send out the order for printing of your booklet/tags pretty quickly. Then when you get the tags, send them to wherever as quickly as you can afford. You have time yet.

5. Minnie&Nana

Thanks Diane! Will overnight the tags. Looking forward to trying ME.

:goodvibes

6. Kanga1

Kanga1 DIS Veteran

Is USAirways still a participating airline at the Poly? I know they were running a test phase, but wanted to know if they are still there.

7. octoberprincess

octoberprincess Mouseketeer

We are staying at Pop Century; our flight out of Orlando is at 4:30 with Jetblue. What time will the ME pick us up from the hotel to head off to the airport? thanks in advance.

8. CleveRocks

CleveRocks <font color=red>Rock 'n' Roller Coaster worshipper

ABout 3 hours in advance, +/- 15 minutes or so.

So expect your assigned time to be between 1:15 and 1:45 p.m.

9. octoberprincess

we are having breakfast the the grand floridian at 11:05am so that should give us plenty of time. thanks =)

10. goofy4tink

Eric's timing is spot on. Just be careful you don't cut it too close. If your ADR is at 11:05, you can assume you'll be done eating by noonish, then it could take you a bit to get to MK to get the bus back to POP. Be sure to plan on it taking at least 45 mins, could be more.
    You want to be able to be at the DME bus stop, bags in hand, at least 15-20 mins before the time you were given. That time is the time the bus is scheduled to pull out..you want to be there with time to spare. If you have to go to luggage services to retrieve carryon bags, it could take 20 mins..plan accordingly.

11. Minnie&Nana

Diane, you were right on! Our luggage Tags arrived Friday!!

12. octoberprincess

do you think i should call and try to change the breakfast to an earlier time?

13. goofy4tink

If it were me, yes, that's what I would do. I like to have the few hours before DME pickup time pretty clear...just in case. Besides, I hate having to watch my time....makes for a stressfull meal.

14. Minnie&Nana

We would try to change it...like to have enough time so we are not watching the clock and no rushing.

This reminded me of a change I need to try to make for the same reason - thanks! :goodvibes

15. octoberprincess

I guess I will try to change it to 10am. We will still be able to "sleep in" compared to every other day, lol.

16. Vjale

Vjale Mouseketeer

We are leaving in 11 days and just received our packet from AAA. INside there was the booklet that lists all the travelers and their flight information. My MIL is traveling seperately but staying in our room. INside the booklet it listed myself, my husband, my daughter and my mother in law as flying jetblue. Then it listed my son (2yo) alone on southwest. It is really my mil who is flying southwest alone. The agent penned in the correct info over it in the booklet. Does this sound okay or should I call DME and check everything?:confused3

17. goofy4tink

It really doesn't make much difference. It doesn't really matter how, or what airline, you arrive at MCO with. When you get to the DME checkin counter, they will ask about your return home transportation. It might be a good idea to clear up any mistakes at that point. That way everyone will know who is going where, at what time, and via what airline.

18. Vjale

Vjale Mouseketeer

Okay, great, thanks a lot.:)

19. krdindy

krdindy Disney Lover

My husband's company booked our Disney resort reservation at the Poly for us as part of a rewards program. When we inquired about getting Magical Express, the travel agent told us they "can't" book it. I tried to call Disney myself to add it on (as I have done on previous trips), and was told that because my reservation was booked through a travel agent, they were the only ones who could add Magical Express. Any suggestions for getting around this and getting Magical Express added onto my reservation? The travel agent absolutely refuses to help us. Am I stuck with getting a towncar? If so, can I get the towncar for the trip to the resort, and arrange for Magical Express for my return once I'm at the resort? Sorry for the long post. Any suggestions would be appreciated!!!

20. clkelley

clkelley <font color=purple>I squealed really loud!!<br><fo

Your travel agent is supposed to be able to book it. If they refuse to help, wait until within 60 days of your trip, then call DME directly. Quite honestly, I would just play dumb and pretend that you are calling to confirm everything is OK. Then DME can "see" your reservation and add you to their system.

Yes, if you can't get DME booked for the arrival, you most definitely can book it for the return when you arrive at your resort. You can also go down to the Mears desk on B side after grabbing your luggage, and book a Mears transfer. It is likely they will transport you on a DME bus. You just loose the luggage feature.

21. krdindy

krdindy Disney Lover

Thanks for the tip! I'll try to call DME myself. :thanks: