Disney's Magical Express/RAC - What "Participating Airline" Really Means!

Discussion in 'Transportation' started by Chip 'n Dale Express, Oct 27, 2005.

1. lovedoggies

lovedoggies Mouseketeer

Thanks for all the info everyone. We'll just take the bags with us in the rental car. That'll be much easier, I think!

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. Dizzytime

Dizzytime DIS Veteran

Sorry if this has been asked, I tried to read through all the posts but..

US Air being in 'Test Phase' for baggage pick up, I'm wondering if that means they are offering it at only a few resorts presently and will expand to other resorts? Or could it mean they could be dropped at any time at the resorts they are now serving? Probably both! hah!

We really like the service and all things (air fares) being equal we'd like to consider US Air, but obviously reluctant if we book and they end up discontinuing their pickup service after the 'Test Phase'. We are staying at the Beach Club for our next trip in December.

Again, very sorry if this has been covered, still 'earing my ears'!

Hope you all are having a wonderful day.

4. goofy4tink

goofy4tink No tags...not needed! Transportation moderator Moderator

I believe they are at a select group of resorts presently. There is no way of knowing if they will continue and enlarge the grouping or if they will just leave the program. As you are probably aware, the only issue is the RAC system, not the use of DME.

5. Dizzytime

Dizzytime DIS Veteran

Sounds right to me, guess there's no way of telling so maybe stick with another airline that has confirmed they're in.

Too bad for US Air, I don't see the downside really. I know the technical end is way beyond me but seems by now they'd figure out if they can or can't, in our not, and I imagine they could grab more bookings if they locked into it.

Anyway, thank you very much for your reasons, I really do appreciate it!

6. K&K

K&K Dreams Really Do Come True!

With Delta charging to check a second bag starting next week, does anyone know if you can use RAC to check that second bag even though there is a $25 fee or do you have to take it to MCO and check it?

7. jhshmh

jhshmh Mouseketeer

For our return to Orlando Airport we will nto be flying home. We do need the Magical Express to take us to Oralndo Airport We are visiting family in West Palm Beach. Will I have to provide a return flight anyway(even though we do not have on until a few days later form West Palm. Or can I tell them I need a return of the transportation to Orlando to pick up a rental car.
    TIA:)

8. goofy4tink

Just find a flight that leaves at a time that would get you to MCO at about the same time you need to rent a car. For instance, if you need to be at the car rental counter at 2:00, to pick up your car, find an airline that departs at about 4:00ish. DME will pick you up at about (that 3 hrs beforehand), getting you to the airport about 1:30ish. That gives you time to get to MCO and to the car rental counter.

9. momandseandodisney

momandseandodisney DIS Veteran

can anyone help me locate the phone # for magical experess, I have to book ours. also how far in advance should we book it?

10. goofy4tink

You really should book DME with whomever you booked your resort stay with. DME won't take any info from you too far in advance.

11. Dopey Sharon

Dopey Sharon Proud Mimi of our first grandchild, Lily

1-866-599-0951

I would call about 2-3 months before your trip.

12. CleveRocks

CleveRocks <font color=red>Rock 'n' Roller Coaster worshipper

DME only has access to your resort reservatin info 60 days prior to arrival. If you call before that, DME itself won't be able to help you.

You can always call 407-W-DISNEY to make your DME reservation, but if you want to talk to DME CMs, then wait until 60 days out.

13. weluv M&M

weluv M&M Hooked on Disney

I just spoke with a DME representative and she said "USAIR has just joined on to be a paricipating airline at all resorts where resort check-in is available" What does everyone think? Should I trust this and book with USAIR? Has anyone had experience with doing a resort check-in with USAIR?

Thanks for a quick reply.....I am hoping to book flights today:surfweb:

14. Opie Juan Cannoli

Opie Juan Cannoli Never Been to Disney (except for the store at the

15. disneytriplets

disneytriplets Mouseketeer

We just returned from POR and we flew US Air. We were able to check-in our bags for our flight home. :thumbsup2

16. stepdisney

stepdisney <font color=red>Jambo Wildbunch Gang<br><font colo

Does anyone know if Spirit Air has the resort bag check? I haven't heard it mentioned.

Thanks.

17. Chip 'n Dale Express

Chip 'n Dale Express Can't stay put!<br><font color=purple>I met lots o

The first page is accurate.

18. Minnie Lor

Minnie Lor <font color=darkorchid>I feel that same comaraderi

We are flying AirTran for the first time. They either let you choose your seat in-advance (for a fee) or you are allowed to choose it 24 hours in-advance when you check-in (for free).

Can my DH (he's staying home this trip) check us in and choose seats for us AND still have RAC print boarding passes for us on the morning of our flight?

19. rebe1968

rebe1968 Mouseketeer

I dont get any of this :confused3 ..what does all this mean..I am going to WDW via usair in June once I get to the air port they also check into the Hotel for me as well..I am so confused..or do they give me special tags for my suitcasses .

20. CleveRocks

CleveRocks <font color=red>Rock 'n' Roller Coaster worshipper

Please read the first post in this thread.

Basically, you need to make a reservation for Disney's Magical Express.

You will receive paperwork and special luggage tags in the mail. You put one of these luggage tags on each bag you will check with US Airways (you'd do this at home).

Go to the airport. Check your bags with US Airways like normal. WHen you land in Orlando, skip baggage claim. Go to the Disney Welcome Center (they'll mail you a map). They'll tell you which bus to go to. You'll get a ride to your resort. When you get to your resort, you check-in at the front desk just like normal (DME does NOT check you in to your resort).

About 3 hours after you check-in at your resort, your DME-tagged bags will arrive at your room. They'll be brought inside your room whether you're in there or not.

The only way that your airline matters is for the way home. Some people can check-in for their departing flight in their resort lobby (and get their luggage taken care of at that point); these people are on "participating airlines." When they get off the bus at the airport, they don't have to check-in with their airline, since they already have boarding passes -- they just go right to the gate.

Other people have to bring their bags to the DME bus themselves; the driver loads the bags under the bus. They get their bags back when the bus drops them off, then they have to check their bags with their airline, like normal.

21. mickey2000

mickey2000 Pin trader

If your not using ME (rental car) can you still check your bags in at the resort for the trip home?
    Sorry if this was already answered !!
    THANKS!