Disney's Magical Express/RAC - What "Participating Airline" Really Means!

Discussion in 'Transportation' started by Chip 'n Dale Express, Oct 27, 2005.

1. CleveRocks

CleveRocks <font color=red>Rock 'n' Roller Coaster worshipper

You have it right. On arrival at MCO, airline makes NO DIFFERENCE. Again, I'd suggest reading at least the first page of this thread.

Airline ONLY matters for the way home. EVERYONE on EVERY AIRLINE gets the full DME treatment when they arrive at Orlando International Airport.

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. goofy4tink

goofy4tink No tags...not needed! Transportation moderator Moderator

In fact....you can actually get dropped off at the airport, and still take DME to your resort!!! It does not matter how you get to the airport. Anyone arriving through MCO is entitled to a ride to the resort. And as long as you are staying on-site, with the exception of the S/D and SoG, you can get a ride back to the airport. If you have checked luggage, put the yellow tags on them and they will be delivered to your resort room.
    Just be sure to make a reservation well in advance of your trip! Otherwise you won't have time to get the info packet, with the luggage tags. You can still use DME without the tags, it's just easier if you have them.

The only time it makes a difference what airline you are flying on is when you leave your resort and head back to the airport. Then, if you are flying one of the 'participating' airlines (which SW is not one of yet) you can check your bags, and get your boarding pass, right at your resort. Think of it as a way off-site sky cap.

If you are flying one of the other airlines, then you just take your luggage with you, to the bus, and ride back to the airport. "participating" airline makes a difference ONLY in the ability to check your bags and get your boarding pass at your resort rather than at the airport...that's the only difference.

4. jeanylaser

jeanylaser Embassy Suites Orlando-Lake Buena Vista big fan

thanks for the info. Thanks.

5. noname70

noname70 Mouseketeer

We will have a fold up stroller for our 1 year old that we brought on the plane with us as we head for our bus at MCO (no luggage). Do we (should we) take it on the bus or will we have to stow it beforehand?

6. CleveRocks

There's no problem whatsoever. If it's small enough you can elect to take it on the bus with you -- it just has to be small enough to fit under your own seat, or on the overhead shelf. Otherwise, you can have the driver stow it under the bus for you, and you'll get it right back when you arrive at your resort.

No worries.:goodvibes

7. marybrat

marybrat DIS Veteran

We' re driving do Disney with our camper in tow. My sister and her family are flying to OIA and meeting us at FW. Can they take advantage of ME?

8. clkelley

clkelley <font color=purple>I squealed really loud!!<br><fo

Absolutely. You have to add them to your reservation in advance, then reserve Magical Express for them. Give the folks at CRO their flight information and everything is good to go!

I did this last December. I drove with the gear. My son and a friend of mine flew in for part of the trip.

9. ClarabelleCow

ClarabelleCow Where did my tag go? Oh fairy, can you help me?

Tyler- is the pilot program still going on? we are seriously considering trying to change our last day of our trip to a resort that is working with Airtran. But if its not going on anymore, then I won't change, ME can't give me any answers?

Thanks

10. threecrazykids

threecrazykids DIS Veteran

Ok...here is my dilema...hoping someone...anyone can help. I need some suggestions on how we should do our "transportation". We are staying at the Port Orleans Riverside May 5-10th (checking out on the 10th)but are staying in Florida until the 12th.

Flying into Orlando on Friday night (so we don't lose a whole day of parks on Saturday...but our check in to Disney isn't until Saturday. So we will have to stay "offsite" for Friday night. I have a couple issues...do I just take a cab to the offsite hotel on Friday night or do most of the hotels offer shuttles...then I'm probably going to have to take another cab to get to the Disney hotel on Saturday....right? I won't necessarily NEED a car while we're at Disney.

Then after the night of the 9th (we'll be at Magic Kingdom)...we will be going to Sea World on the morning of the 10th...and then going to try to do the beach on the 11th and then fly out on the 12th in the afternoon. So...when check out of Disney on the morning of the 10th...I'm going to need some way to get from POR to our offsite hotel...and then transportation back to the airport.

But in essence, I'm thinking I really only need a car on that one day we're going to the beach, because other than that, I think there are ways to get shuttles to take us to and from the airport and most of the hotels will shuttle us to Sea World.

It's just getting from Disney property...to offsite property, and our trip to the beach...is it really worth renting a car for the whole week? Or will the cost of all the other transportation make it about the same as just renting the car for the week and saying "it's not worth the hassle?"

11. marybrat

marybrat DIS Veteran

I have another question. I booked our trip through AAA. We will be driving to WDW in August. My sister and family will arrive the same day we do, but by plane. They are staying only one week, while we are staying two weeks. The travel agent said they cannot use Magic Express because they need to book a package and would have to stay the entire length of our stay. True?

12. clkelley

Absolutely not true. If you can't convince your travel agent to book Magical Express for your sister and company, then when your trip is 60 days out, call Magical Express directly. (866) 599-0951

Give them your reservation #, the folks that are flying in's names, arrival flight # and date, and departure flight # and date.

Magical Express will take care of the rest. Since the reservation is in your name, the documents will arrive at your address. When they arrive, forward them to your sister. They will then be all set up for Magical Express!!

13. Chip 'n Dale Express

Chip 'n Dale Express Can't stay put!<br><font color=purple>I met lots o

The AirTran pilot program has been extended until March, and still only at the select resorts.

14. Chip 'n Dale Express

Your travel agent does not know what they are talking about. See the post from clkelley above for the real answer, and be careful about what your TA tells you.

15. Disneyolic

Disneyolic DIS Veteran

I was informed that after midnight, Magical Express may be limited to vans and if I have young children, that I may not be able to participate. Can anyone please confirm this? We may be arriving at the airport at approximately 11 pm and have 1 child who for sure would need either a booster seat or carseat if in a van, neither of which we are bringing along with us. Thank you.

16. CleveRocks

I have no idea if what you heard was true. But I do know that if you arrive at 11:00 p.m. then you will not need to worry about what happens after midnight.

17. Disneyolic

Disneyolic DIS Veteran

I thought I was posting a new thread...sorry for posting this question on this one. It is off topic.

18. Chip 'n Dale Express

I have not heard this, and I would seriously doubt it to be true.

Who is your source?

19. Disneyolic

Disneyolic DIS Veteran

I see you found my other post on a new thread. I've answered your question there. Thank you Tyler.

20. clkelley

In addition, before Magical Express, most of the Mears service to WDW was in vans, and there were many, many, passengers with infants and small children that did not have car seats or boosters. I doubt that Mears refused to transport them.

21. Chip 'n Dale Express

Edd will probably know more on this than I would, but I'm pretty sure for livery vehicles such as a Mears van, a car seat is not required... just strongly recommended.

I could be completely wrong, though.