Disney's Magical Express/RAC - What "Participating Airline" Really Means!

Discussion in 'Transportation' started by Chip 'n Dale Express, Oct 27, 2005.

1. clkelley

clkelley <font color=purple>I squealed really loud!!<br><fo

That is no problem at all. However, you will need to give them a flight number of a flight that will be leaving the airport approximately 3 hours after you want to leave PoP.

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. bosox18

bosox18 Mouseketeer

Thanks. So I do have to come up with a pretend flight. Doesn't seem like it should have to be so clandestine, but no problem.

4. jeanylaser

jeanylaser Embassy Suites Orlando-Lake Buena Vista big fan

our family is flying in delta. Delta is in the list too. I am so confused. Please! Help me to understand.

5. CleveRocks

CleveRocks <font color=red>Rock 'n' Roller Coaster worshipper

It would be helpful to read at least the first page or 2 of this thread.

ARRIVAL IN ORLANDO:
    Everyone on every airline gets the free automatic luggage delivery to the inside of your resort room, and the free bus ride to your resort.

LEAVING AT THE END OF YOUR TRIP:
    People flying one of the "participating airlines" can check their luggage in at their resort's Resort Airline Check-in desk, and then not see it again until it's on their home airport's baggage claim carousel. People on all other airlines must get their luggage to the DME bus -- the driver will load it under the bus, and then unload it when you get dropped off at the airport, and then you check your luggage in with your airline like usual. Regardless of airline, everyone gets the free bus ride if they want it.

All of the above is contingent on having DME reservations. Only people named on the reservation at a Disney owned-and-operated resort can use these services.

PLEASE, read at least the beginning of this thread.:goodvibes

6. jeanylaser

thank you for this info Taylor.

7. Chip 'n Dale Express

Chip 'n Dale Express Can't stay put!<br><font color=purple>I met lots o

Check out the first page of this thread for the answer.

8. noname70

noname70 Mouseketeer

3 questions: We are checking in to Pop for 4 days and then switching to BCV for 5 days. Will this be taken care of when I reserve or will I have to make arrangements at BCV for my return?

Our return flight is 8:00pm (non paticipating airline). Will the hotel hold the bags that long after check out if we go to the parks for 6 hours?

What is the typical amount of time it takes to get to Pop from MCO? I've read 75 minutes to GF? Do value resorts take more time?

Ok maybe that was more than 3 questions......thanks:thumbsup2

9. goofy4tink

goofy4tink No tags...not needed! Transportation moderator Moderator

1. Yes, you can make the switch easily. Just tell them when you book the reservation. If you want to be sure they have it down correctly, then double check when you get to BCV. I split between BWV and POR and had no issues at all with DME in the return.

2. Yes, bell services will hold your bags as long as you need. Be sure to be back at the resort 45 mins before the bus leaves since it can take a bit of time for bell services to haul out your bags and you don't want to cut it too close.

3. It has routinely taken me about 30 minutes to get to POP from MCO. I have used DME for the trip twice now, and the first time it took me 70 mins from deplaning to POP's checkin desk. WE were the first stop that time. Second time it took about 85 mins...but we were the last of three stops that time. The actual ride from the airport is about 30 minutes or so. That's what it is for most of the resorts I believe. At least, that's what it has been for POR, ASMusic, POP, BWV, BCV, CR and the Polynesian...give or take 5 mins either way.

10. jeanylaser

Please! Tell me the website of Disney's Magical Express? Please! tell me how it work?

11. goofy4tink

goofy4tink No tags...not needed! Transportation moderator Moderator

Okay.....here is the phone number..866-599-0951. There isn't a 'website'. They will ask you for your resort confimation number, and your flight info, as well as who is in your party. Then, about 3-4 weeks before your trip, they will send you an info packet, with your yellow luggage tags that will go on your checked bags, as well as directions to the DME checkin desk. Your flight info will be listed in it as well as your resort destination.
    So....you're all packed and ready to go. Put a yellow tag on each bag you will be checking. (you'll get two tags per person in your party). When you arrive at MCO, go straight to the DME welcome-checkin desk on level 1. You will 'land' on level 3, baggage claim is level 2 and you want to go all the way down to street level...level 1 (rental car companies, towncars, shuttles are all there). Follow the directions to the checkin desk (they are very easy to follow). Get in the line, only one person in the group needs to get in line, the rest can stand off in the sitting area. You will be checked in, then directed to the appropriate bus line for your resort. When the correct bus comes, you will be taken to the bus line and on board you get. Off to your resort, checkin and your bags should be there within 3 hrs or so.

Be sure to pack a carryon bag with any essentials you may need for those first few hours. I always pack shorts/tee shirt, bathing suit in mine. That way I can change and head to a park or take a swim.

It's all very easy. Hope I've answered your questions.

12. KimAshton

KimAshton DIS Veteran

Ok I have a stupid question. My friend called and set it up and they sent me the tags. My 1 friend and me are arriving on the 14th of March and then another friend is arriving on the 15th. Well, all my tags say the 14th. When my friend called she told them about my other friend coming in on the 15th and they said fine. I don't know what to do. Will they still bring my friend to the hotel if she gets her own bags!!

13. CleveRocks

Call DME back and double check they know she is arriving on a different day. As long as its in the DME reservation system that way, it won't matter what the tag says.

Even if your friend didn;t receive ANY DME luggage tags, she STILL wouldn't have to claim her own checked bags. DME has a system specially set up for people who didn;t put DME tags on their bags. You still skip baggage claim, and still go to the DME Welcome Center. They will ask if you tagged your bags. WHen you say "No," they will ask for your baggage claim ticket numbers, as well as ask for a physical description of your bags. They will dispatch a CM to go to baggage claim, claim your bags for you, then bring them back behind-the-scenes with the rest of the DME luggage to be delivered to the resorts.

14. KimAshton

KimAshton DIS Veteran

Thank you so much Eric. I asked the friend who called the first time to call back. :)

15. DisneyMomx7

DisneyMomx7 DIS Veteran

Tyler - any idea how long the pilot program for Air Tran will last? Will it become permanent? We usually fly Air Tran and it was great being able to do the check in with ME in January. I didn't know they were included then so I was really surprised when bell services fill me in. I'm hoping they'll still be doing it in July. Thanks!

16. Chip 'n Dale Express

Chip 'n Dale Express Can't stay put!<br><font color=purple>I met lots o

As soon as I hear anything, it will be updated on the first page.

17. DisneyMomx7

DisneyMomx7 DIS Veteran

Thanks Tyler! I hope Air Tran stays with the program.

18. jeanylaser

Thanks for the info.

19. drivencrazy

drivencrazy DIS Veteran

I booked our flight on SWA and now am wondering if we will have to get our own bag or not...... we are using a TA and I gave her the flight info and she said she would call Disney and get things taken care of... So does that mean that the yellow tags will come to us and we put them on the bags and when we get there we won't have to do anything but get on the bus?? Or since we are flying SW we have to get our own bags and to the bus? We are staying at AllStar Music, if that makes any difference!

Also when it's time to go home, will we take our own bags to the bus and get to the airport and check them there?? Or is there an easier way?

I am new to flying and all this so all the info would be great!!

Thanks

20. CleveRocks

You will find it very helpful to read at least the first page of this thread.

Make sure your TA makes DME reservations for you. SHE will receive your DME packet, which will include your DME luggage tags; find out if she will get it to you or if you need to get it from her.

Put one DME luggage tag on each bag you intend to check with your airline. Check them in with your airline at your home airport (they won't know a blessed thing about DME and they don't have to, so don't even ask your airline about it). The next time you see those bags, they'll be inside your WDW resort room.

When you arrive at MCO, skip baggage claim and go directly to the DME Welcome Center. You'll be pointed towards your bus queue after checking in.

On your way home, you have to get your bags to your DME bus. The driver will load them under the bus, and you'll get them back when you arrive at the airport. It's then up to you to take care of them from there, just like when you take your luggage to the airport any other time you fly at any other airport.

21. REL1203

REL1203 DIS Veteran

Wow.. Great thread... I was under the impression that if I arrived on a South West Flight, I would not be able to have Disney handle all my luggage and have it waiting in my room, but that doesnt appear so... Am I reading this correct? I arrive on a SW flight, and as long as I arrange it all with Disney, i can skip luggage claim, and go right to the DME check in, and go right to my resort flying on a SW flight? Going home doenst matter, since we are staying off site for the last couple days of the trip anyway... Am i getting that right?