Disney's Magical Express/RAC - What "Participating Airline" Really Means!

Discussion in 'Transportation' started by Chip 'n Dale Express, Oct 27, 2005.

1. casey49781

casey49781 Mouseketeer

can someone help me on one more issue about getting from disney to seaworld or point me in the right thread direction,,,,,thankyou

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. goofy4tink

goofy4tink No tags...not needed! Transportation moderator Moderator

I used the Lynx system to get from WDW to SeaWorld. You can catch it at the TTC, it's usually about $1.50 pp each way. When you get on the bus, tell the driver you want to get off at SW. It's very easy. Here's the link www.golynx.com
    Hope that helps a bit.

4. Disney Crazy Family

Disney Crazy Family Mouseketeer

My question is Our Nephew is flying down to stay with us
    at the disney resort. We will be there several days prior to his arrival
    can he use ME and how

5. CleveRocks

CleveRocks <font color=red>Rock 'n' Roller Coaster worshipper

As long as he's named on the room reservation and will be coming in from Orlando International Airport, then he's entitled to use DME. Call Central Reservations if you're more than 60 days from your trip, or DME if you're 60 days or fewer from your trip. Tell them what you just posted here (including the exact day he'll be arriving), and they'll take care of it.

6. go cowboys

go cowboys Mouseketeer DVC Gold

I have a different question too. I was wondering if we can check our luggage at the resort if we are NOT using ME to get to the airport? Would we have to reserve ME and then check the bags only to "miss" the bus?

Thanks

7. goofy4tink

Yes, you can. The RAC system is different than DME. Anyone can use the resort airline checkin (for bags and for boarding passes) as long as they are flying back on a 'participating' airline. You could have a rental car, be using a towncar service...doesn't matter, you can use this service.

8. go cowboys

go cowboys Mouseketeer DVC Gold

Thanks for the quick reply.

We have a 9:30 am flight. Could you tell me what time we would have to have them checked? We are flying American.

Thanks again

9. goofy4tink

No less than 3 hrs. before flight departure...so you would have to check them by 6:30 that morning.

10. tomerin

tomerin DIS Veteran

here's a good question for ya

i am flying into orlando from Long island ny with ds#2. my wife and DS#1 are taking amtrak to orlando. on the way home my 2 sons are going to fly into midway in chicago to visit family and i will be taking amtrak back home with my wife. since DS#2 will already be checked in and has used ME already how do i get DS#1 all set up to use ME. do we simply just check him in at the resort ME desk and have him give the bus driver his luggage and then off to the airport

thanks

11. mikey13v

mikey13v Mouseketeer

DS #1 doesn't qualify to ride ME back to the airport. You only get a return trip ticket when you use the arrival ME service.
    That said, I would just have him use your ticket. You shouldn't have any problems with that. As long as he has a stamped return ticket, he'll be fine.

12. goofy4tink

Anyone who is on a resort reservation at WDW is entitled to a roundtrip on DME. Now, if they do not avail themselves of the arrival trip, then they are still entitled to the return trip. So....when you get to WDW, just make arrangements for your ds#1 to use DME for the return to MCO...just be sure to do it several days before he needs to depart so there are no issues.

I have used the return trip to MCO before when I haven't used the arrival section. My ds picked my up at MCO and delivered me to BWV, so I didn't need DME to get to WDW, but I needed it to get back to MCO. I was able to do that with no problem at all.

13. Kristina

Kristina DIS Veteran

Hi! My question is what do you need to show when you check in at the DME desk? We will be at Disney 15 nights and I just received from my TA our documents but nothing regarding DME. We are flying with Virgin and plan on picking up our luggage and taking it with us but don't we need a reservation # or will our package reservation be enough? We have one 10 night MYW package and one 5 nights room only but that won't make a difference right?

I'm sorry I am sure it's be asked before but I couldn't find the answer and my TA is on vacation until Nov. 12th :crazy:. If we need documents I'll need to email one of her colleagues so thanks in advance :wave: .

14. goofy4tink

I would doublecheck with your TA just to be sure you have DME added to your reservation. Anyone staying at a WDW resort is entitled to use DME but you have to have a reservation made rather than just show up at the counter. You should have received an info packet from DME 3 weeks before your departure date.
    You can make the reservation almost right up to the departure date, so don't worry about that. Just be sure to call the TA as soon as they return to their office, and have them call DME and make that reservation for you.

15. mikayla73

mikayla73 DIS Veteran

Just a quick question, sorry if it has been asked already, but I couldn't find the answer.

We are two couples that are arriving at the same time, staying in the same room. The ressie is in mine and DH's name and we are planning on using DME. However, our friends are going to be leaving 3 days before we are, will they still be able to use DME to go back to MCO? Can they make their own ressies for DME? Is it tied to the room at all?

TIA for the help!

16. goofy4tink

Although DME is tied to your room reservation, it is easy for some to leave before the others. As long as everyone is listed on the room reservation, they are entitled to a ride from MCO to the resort and then back to the airport at the end of their trip. So,I'm assuming that your friends' names are on the room reservation. If this is the case, they can leave anytime they want. My dh left BCV before us. In fact, he left BCV on a Wed to fly home, we moved to POR 2 days after that and left from POR!!! Still no problems. Just stop by the front desk, or call DME yourself, and be sure they are aware of your friends departure day/time, so a bus will be provided. Do this a day or two before they need to leave.

17. Molokai Gram

Molokai Gram <font color=green>DIS Veteran<br><font color=magen

Aloha,

We have a 7:05 am flight. If the desk doesn't open until 5 am, and that is less than 3 hours before, does that mean we can't use ME?

Mahalo!

18. Chip 'n Dale Express

Chip 'n Dale Express Can't stay put!<br><font color=purple>I met lots o

No. It just means you cannot use the Resort Airline Check-In Desk.

19. mikayla73

mikayla73 DIS Veteran

Thanks! They are on the reservation, so we should be good to go!

20. Kristina

Kristina DIS Veteran

Thank you GoofyforTink :thumbsup2 . I called and spoke with the a TA who got us reservations right away. Phew, that was a close one!

21. jensen

jensen DIS Veteran

OK, so I get up the morning of my last day at the world, go over to the airline check-in desk at my resort and drop my luggage, get my boarding passes (we are flying Northwest) for myself, DH, DD & DS. Then we head off to the parks for a few hours before we have to meet our bus to the airport. When we arrive at the airport - we don't have to check luggage or get boarding passes - we simply head to our gate. Is it really this simple?????