Disney's Magical Express -- Luggage Tag Info

Ok - since I am now panicking since we leave TOMORROW MORNING :yay: we decided last minute (like TONIGHT) to not take ME once we arrive at MCO tomorrow at 4:30..... I have all the ME tags, they have my arrival info, etc. I just want to verify that I need to call the 866 # to let them know we WON'T be using the service.....
I would read all 40 pages but, time is of the essence!!! :scared1:

Lynne

No, you don't need to 'do' anything. You can just get to your resort in any manner you wish. You don't need to alert Disney or DME that you will not be using them. If (when) you don't show up, it's fine. No one will be actively looking for you. Have a good trip...I'll be there Thursday afternoon/evening!!

I'm sorry if this has been answered before, but I can't find it . . .

So we are staying at Shades of Green and renting a car during the first part of our stay. We obviously won't be using ME to get to WDW when we arrive.

But we're finishing up our stay at AKL. So how do I arrange for one way ME service from AKL to MCO? Don't you normally make your return reservations when you first arrive at MCO and check in with ME, which we won't be doing?

Also, we really just want to use ME for luggage service on our departure day. How will we accomplish this? (I know it's against official DIsney policy, but that lots of people do it for their arrival. I just haven't seen a lot of talk about people doing in on their departure to the airport, and am wondering how it works.)

Thanks!! :goodvibes

Call Disney Reservation or your travel agent to arrange for DME back from your hotel.

DME does not offer departure luggage service -- that is a separate service called Resort Airline Check-in. If you are flying on one of the participating airlines you can check your bags at your resort's front desk (after calling BAGS, Inc. to pay any luggage fees). Resort Airline Check-in is independent of whether or not you use DME for your return trip to the airport.

So we are staying at Shades of Green and renting a car during the first part of our stay. We obviously won't be using ME to get to WDW when we arrive.
Something you may want to consider...

Using DME makes it so nice not to have to deal with the whole luggage carrousel deal when arriving in Orlando. There's a line for check-in during peak times, but the wait for a bus still isn't very long. It's just a convenient way of getting to the resort.

There's a Hertz desk right inside Shades of Green. You may want to check out the prices there. First, you'll save on all the airport fees that tacked on top of the rate when getting a car at the airport. Second, since you're looking at taking DME back to the airport, I'm making an assumption that you'll be turning the car in earlier than the end of your trip. If you're not taking it back to the same location you rented it (the airport), you're probably paying a drop-off fee. Drop-off fees can be pretty pricey.

The Hertz counter is right in the lobby of SOG, across from the front desk.

There are 2 names on there ... one is the "lead" name on the reservation and the other is the name of the particluar guest. The person who is the lead name on the reservation will have their name listed twice on their own tags.

The name of the resort you will be staying at is on there.

Your reservation number is on there. There are also barcodes ... the barcodes are the computer version of your reservation number.

There is a 2-letter code inside a Mickey head. The code corresponds to the zone that your resort is in ... it helps with the luggage sorting. There are 4 zones: MK = Magic Kingdom area (Grand Floridian, Polynesian, Contemporary, Wilderness Lodge, and Villas at Wilderness Lodge); EC = Epcot area (BoardWalk Inn, BoardWalk Villas, Yacht Club, Beach Club, Beach Club Villas, and Caribbean Beach Resort); AK = Animal Kingdom area (the 3 All-Star resorts, Animal Kingdom Lodge, Animal Kingdom Villas, Coronado Springs Resort, and Pop Century); and DD = Downtown Disney area (Saratoga Springs Resort, Old Key West, Port Orleans Riverside, Port Orleans French Quater, and Fort Wilderness Campground).

My DH and I have our Yellow tags and I guess I am the "lead" Person, so My name is listed twice on 2 of the tags and my name and my DH is on the other 2 yellow tags. Is this correct? My DH should NOT have is name twice on his tags?

So it looks like this?

MY NAME HIS NAME
MY NAME MY NAME

MY NAME HIS NAME
MY NAME MY NAME

Sorry for the silly question and thanks who ever answers me.

Your name is the lead name on the reservation. Everything is just perfect with the tags.

Thank you for getting back to me. I almost called my AAA TA to tell her to get me corrected ones. Now I don't have to. I get nervous over the little things.

Does anyone have the number to call DME? I never got my tags in my papers. I leave in 2 weeks.
What 'papers' did you get? If it was paperwork from Disney, then the tags wouldn't have been in there. You get a different packet, right from DME. Are you sure you are booked with them? You might want to call whomever you booked your resort stay with and doublecheck with them to be sure they added DME to your reservation.
The number for DME is...866-599-0951. They should be able to tell you if you are in their system.
I booked a last minute trip about 2 weeks ago, for the end of Sept. I got the DME packet about a week later, so if you call them tomorrow, you may still have time to get your packet.

DH and I Just got back from 5 days at Disney. DH and I used DME. We had a wonderful experience with DME. We got off the plane went down to the B level where a lady was standing with a sign. We walked straight up to the counter, Checked in and we were on the bus in 10 minutes. It took a total of 30 minutes or so to drive to the resort. It was so smooth. We had packed a carry on with essentials and our bag was at the room right after dinner.
On the way back to the Airport was ok. The clerk at the hotel was very rude. BUT the bus driver was really nice. We were the only stop on the way to the airport( it was 5am). He dropped us off right at the terminal we had to be at. I would definitely use it again.:)

Just want to say THANK YOU!! I just made it thru all bazillion pages of questions (Do I get a gold star or a metal?? :) ) and most of my questions are answered!! Our trip isn't until Feb of next year but I am ready and rarin''
:cool1: :banana:

I think I saw a thread on this recently and apologize if it was here: I booked & paid my air tickets in February (Air Tran) and have confirmed with them that is no charge for a second bag (as long as it's all under 50 pounds). Does RAC/DME know this so they won't try to charge us for the 2nd bags?

What would you do? . . . Our flight arrives at MCO at 9:45 p.m.

Would you have DME deliver the bags to the hotel? Do they deliver to the room that late at night? or do they hold them and wait for a call in the a.m.?

Or would you pick them up yourself?

I bow to the experience of the DISboard gurus :worship:

Thanks bunches :)

What would you do? . . . Our flight arrives at MCO at 9:45 p.m.

Would you have DME deliver the bags to the hotel? Do they deliver to the room that late at night? or do they hold them and wait for a call in the a.m.?

Or would you pick them up yourself?

I bow to the experience of the DISboard gurus :worship:

Thanks bunches :)
First of all ... :welcome:

There are 2 schools of thought on this. Neither is right or wrong ... it's just 2 different styles of traveling.

My school of thought says let DME deliver your bags, but ASK to have them held 'til morning (so they don't wake you up while you're sleeping). My school of thought says it's important to pack a carry-on with your first 24 ours of suuplies just in case the AIRLINE delays your luggage. My school of thought also says that when you land at 10 p.m. that means it's been a very long day and you just want to get to your hotel room and collapse and be bright eyed and bushy tailed in the morning, so the LAST thing you want to do is unnecessarily delay yourself by taking an unnecessary detour to baggage claim.

The other school of thought says that you aren't comfortable until you know you have your luggage in your hands, and they delay by waiting at baggage claim doesn't bother you because you are trading that delay for the peace of mind that all of your bags arrived in Florida safely.

Again, there's no right or wrong here ... it all depends on your preferences. You know my preference, but that doesn't mean it fits you, too.:hippie:

I switched resorts and never recieved my new ME tags. I called ME and received two different answers. One person told me to just cross out the old resort name and write in the new one. The second time I called (to double check) the person told me not to put on my old tags and just bring my baggage claim tickets to the ME counter and they will get my bags. This is making me nervous. Has anyone done the second option? Does it work? Not sure what to do. I am traveling with a 2 & 4 year old and would rather not have to collect my baggage myself.

Thanks.

Hi all,
I just wanted to let everyone know to pack a weather appropriate outfit for Disney when using the DME. My sister flew down in the morning, used DME and her luggage did not arrive at her room until midnight...she had been planning on heading out for the day but was in her northern weather clothing and it was too hot.

I'm not saying that DME isn't a great service, just plan ahead and make sure you are either wearing weather appropriate clothing or have some in your carry-on.

Have fun!

Hi all, I got the ME paperwork in the mail yesterday and two of my kids are not in there, there are only four of us on the tags,vouchers. There are 6 of us altogether. The two that are not on are children, but they do show up on the reservations. Who do I call about this? DME or CRO? We leave in 5 weeks:cool1: . . It is not about the tags because we received enough between the four names on there, but the fact that two children do not have vouchers. I would hate for them to have to find their own ride:laughing: ;) Thanks, for any and all info.

Give DME a call, directly, just to be on the safe side. Sometimes, names are missed, for whatever reason. They can issue new vouchers for the kids when you get to the counter, but they have to be in the system first!!

What happens if you are booked for DME but arriving from Uk and having to go through customs? We are thinking of doing this next year. I rang Disney uk to enquire and the CM said that we have to take our own luggage to the bus, as we have to do customs but we can still use the bus part of the service. I am just wondering if this is correct? :confused:

Hi all,
I just wanted to let everyone know to pack a weather appropriate outfit for Disney when using the DME. My sister flew down in the morning, used DME and her luggage did not arrive at her room until midnight...she had been planning on heading out for the day but was in her northern weather clothing and it was too hot.

That's true even if you don't use DME. Always pack a change of clothes in your carryon in case your luggage is lost or delayed.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter