Disney's Magical Express -- Luggage Tag Info

We got our tags and instructions in the mail today! It looks pretty simple so I think we'll do alright. Everything is official now and all booked- hard to believe!

Read all 38 pages, and didn't see this question...

DW, DS and I leave Tuesday. Can the two of them ride the DME while I rent a car and make a grocery stop? I was afraid Disney could require all persons listed to be present before getting on the bus.

Paul:confused3

Read all 38 pages, and didn't see this question...

DW, DS and I leave Tuesday. Can the two of them ride the DME while I rent a car and make a grocery stop? I was afraid Disney could require all persons listed to be present before getting on the bus.

Paul:confused3
Yes, you can do it that way. You'll have no problems from Disney on that one.

Wow, that was fast!

DW wants to ride in comfort while her beast of burden does all the work. She likes to stroll to a destination, I like to move like running back headed for the endzone. This plan works for both of us.

Paul

There is a good chance I will not get my ME tags. We leave the 22nd of July. My question is have any of you had Disney handle your luggage without the tags, with no incidents?

Many many many people have done it, and here on the DIS we have NEVER read even one single complaint about the process. It may seem like a new and strange idea to you, but it's an established procedure that's been in place since Day One in May 2005. For the DME CMs it's just another day at the office.

While I do have my voucher and tags, my sister did not receive hers; we leave Friday and we have people wathcing the mail at all three addresses (hers, mine, and our cousins) that the hotel has, as we're unsure of which one they will show up at (mine went to my cousins, for some reason).

Opinions Wanted: If she doesn't get the mail, should she go tag-less, or should I put one of the two tags I recieved on her luggage?:confused:
I tend to be slightly paranoid, convinced that what can go wrong, will go wrong,:rolleyes1 and so I just wanted the trusty opinions of my fellow DISers to put me at east!:)

Thanks all!

-merfsko

While I do have my voucher and tags, my sister did not receive hers; we leave Friday and we have people wathcing the mail at all three addresses (hers, mine, and our cousins) that the hotel has, as we're unsure of which one they will show up at (mine went to my cousins, for some reason).

Opinions Wanted: If she doesn't get the mail, should she go tag-less, or should I put one of the two tags I recieved on her luggage?:confused:
I tend to be slightly paranoid, convinced that what can go wrong, will go wrong,:rolleyes1 and so I just wanted the trusty opinions of my fellow DISers to put me at east!:)

Thanks all!

-merfsko
There will be one packet for the primary name on the reservation. So....if you made the reservation for all of you, there will be one info packet, which should go to you, with all the vouchers/tags in it. If each person made their own resort reservation, then each room will get their own packet....if you follow me.
So....if your sister does not have tags, you most certainly can put one of your extra tags on her bags. As long as you are all going to the same resort that will work. Then, you will have to distribute the bags upon arrival. Now...if your sister doesn't have her voucher as well, that's not a problem. When she gets to the DME counter, they can print her up a new one.
I would just doublecheck to make sure that everyone who should be on the DME reservation, is on the reservation. Give DME a call just to make sure.

When are we supposed to get our tags??? I called and told the CM when our flight was (in early December) about a month and a half ago (at least!), and I haven't received tags yet....:scared:

There will be one packet for the primary name on the reservation. So....if you made the reservation for all of you, there will be one info packet, which should go to you, with all the vouchers/tags in it. If each person made their own resort reservation, then each room will get their own packet....if you follow me.
So....if your sister does not have tags, you most certainly can put one of your extra tags on her bags. As long as you are all going to the same resort that will work. Then, you will have to distribute the bags upon arrival. Now...if your sister doesn't have her voucher as well, that's not a problem. When she gets to the DME counter, they can print her up a new one.
I would just doublecheck to make sure that everyone who should be on the DME reservation, is on the reservation. Give DME a call just to make sure.

Thanks! Yes, we booked seperately- however we are at the same resort, and requested adjoining rooms.
I will most definately call DME to make sure that she is on the reservation.

Thank-You very much for your response!

When are we supposed to get our tags??? I called and told the CM when our flight was (in early December) about a month and a half ago (at least!), and I haven't received tags yet....:scared:
You won't get your DME packet until about 45 days before you leave. No need to start worrying now. You can start looking for your packet around the beginning of November.

Thanks! Yes, we booked seperately- however we are at the same resort, and requested adjoining rooms.
I will most definately call DME to make sure that she is on the reservation.

Thank-You very much for your response!
If you booked seperately you should each get a packet for those on each reservation. For instance....the Smith family and the Jones family are heading to WDW together. They are each booking a room, but want to be as close to each other (either connecting or adjoining). Mrs. Smith makes her reservation at the resort for her group of 3. Mrs. Jones books her resort for her group of 4. Each one of them should get a DME packet for their group....Mrs. Smith will get a packet with vouchers for her group, while Mrs. Jones gets her packet for her group. Each packet will have a voucher and 2 luggage tags for each person booked in that particular room.
I would have your sister call and make sure her reservation includes DME.

I just recieved my ME tags and vouchers. The tags are correct :thumbsup2

My question is related to the vouchers. I have called Disney with ALL of my flight information multiple times (it's changed). However, the voucher booklet does not list the flight information and says I should call DME to update it. What's the deal? Do I REALLY need to call? I know that they have my info, I've seen it on my Online Reservation and had CMs confirm it with me.

I just recieved my ME tags and vouchers. The tags are correct :thumbsup2

My question is related to the vouchers. I have called Disney with ALL of my flight information multiple times (it's changed). However, the voucher booklet does not list the flight information and says I should call DME to update it. What's the deal? Do I REALLY need to call? I know that they have my info, I've seen it on my Online Reservation and had CMs confirm it with me.
Don't worry about it. For your arrival into MCO, they just need a 'ballpark' time. When you get to MCO and arrive at the DME checkin counter, they will ask you about your return flight times. You can give them your info then.

Ok, forgive me if this has been addressed before, but I didn't see it as I was reading through the posts. Our flight arrives around 10:30 pm, so if we have DME pick up our bags at baggage claim, we can have them held at bell services until morning, correct? Does anyone know how long it should take once we call in the morning for them to be delivered to our room? I am hoping to pack our overnight things in a carry-on so we could avoid dealing with baggage claim upon our late arrival. Any ideas???:confused3

Ok, forgive me if this has been addressed before, but I didn't see it as I was reading through the posts. Our flight arrives around 10:30 pm, so if we have DME pick up our bags at baggage claim, we can have them held at bell services until morning, correct? Does anyone know how long it should take once we call in the morning for them to be delivered to our room? I am hoping to pack our overnight things in a carry-on so we could avoid dealing with baggage claim upon our late arrival. Any ideas???:confused3
Sounds like a perfect plan.

Just going on general knowledge, Bell Services will probably be more busy the closer you get to check-out time (11:00 a.m.). The last time I landed at 10 p.m. and used DME, I forgot to ask at the front desk (and Bell Services) to have my bags held 'til morning. They called me at 1:16 a.m. and asked if I wanted my bags now or later. "Um ... later please," and I went right back to sleep. When I woke up around 6:30-ish, I called Bell Services and a CM was at my room with my bags literally 5 minutes later.

But I'll bet anthing that if I called at 10:00 a.m. I might not have had such spedy service.

Hi I know you've already answer this but I couldn't find in what page it was, I got my DME tags and I just want to know what the info on them means? TIA

Hi I know you've already answer this but I couldn't find in what page it was, I got my DME tags and I just want to know what the info on them means? TIA

Well, it depends on what the tags say. When I head to POP, my tags say AK on them, with my name and a bar code with reservation info. Also has my resort name on them.
If I'm at BWV, it says Epcot on them.
Polynesian? MK.
The resorts are split into areas....MK, Epcot, DTD, AK. The bags are distributed by those areas first, then into the appropriate resort groupings.
Does that answer your question?

There are 2 names on there ... one is the "lead" name on the reservation and the other is the name of the particluar guest. The person who is the lead name on the reservation will have their name listed twice on their own tags.

The name of the resort you will be staying at is on there.

Your reservation number is on there. There are also barcodes ... the barcodes are the computer version of your reservation number.

There is a 2-letter code inside a Mickey head. The code corresponds to the zone that your resort is in ... it helps with the luggage sorting. There are 4 zones: MK = Magic Kingdom area (Grand Floridian, Polynesian, Contemporary, Wilderness Lodge, and Villas at Wilderness Lodge); EC = Epcot area (BoardWalk Inn, BoardWalk Villas, Yacht Club, Beach Club, Beach Club Villas, and Caribbean Beach Resort); AK = Animal Kingdom area (the 3 All-Star resorts, Animal Kingdom Lodge, Animal Kingdom Villas, Coronado Springs Resort, and Pop Century); and DD = Downtown Disney area (Saratoga Springs Resort, Old Key West, Port Orleans Riverside, Port Orleans French Quater, and Fort Wilderness Campground).

Hubby sweet, helpful man he is, puts the tags on incorrectly -he took off the entire backing not just the top- Is this a big deal?
Also we are getting in at 930am more than likely we will be at the hotel at 10-103 we want to head straight to Epoct. Can we leave our carry on luggage at the hotel? Will it make it to our room?

Hubby sweet, helpful man he is, puts the tags on incorrectly -he took off the entire backing not just the top- Is this a big deal?
Also we are getting in at 930am more than likely we will be at the hotel at 10-103 we want to head straight to Epoct. Can we leave our carry on luggage at the hotel? Will it make it to our room?
As long as each tag (especially at least one barcode on each) is readable, then you're just fine.

Yes, the resort will store your carry-ons for you. Go out and have fun!!!:yay:

Been there, done that myself!! No problem as Eric said. As long as the tags are readable, and they should be even though stuck together completely!
If you arrive at 9:30, you 'should' be at your resort within about 70 mins.
Have a great trip!!! Nice to see a fellow cental Mass person here.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter