• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

(2014-2020) Disney's GRAND FLORIDIAN RESORT & SPA + VILLAS Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
What a great way to celebrate a 50th wedding anniversary:cheer2::cheer2: If your parents enjoy listening to live piano and jazz/big band music, staying at the GF will be the icing on the cake (pun intended) to add to the family celebration! The many beautiful scenic backdrops around the resort will make for great family pictures. Are you hiring a photographer for a family picture session? I have never done so but I know many DISSERs have and their posted pics were very professional and creative :goodvibes
A photographer would be great if the rest of the gang would go along. Which I know they wouldn't, lol. I figure that we will take a bunch of pics using photopass photographers in the parks. There is also the issue of doing a family picture that doesn't include my other sister, brother-in-law and niece (who are not coming). I wouldn't want to inflame relations anymore!
I can't wait to get a pic in Magic Kingdom with my parents and my kids, though! We are all so excited!

Hi GF Lovers. Are any of you GF regulars familiar with the CL offerings there? Either RPC or SL. I hear (from the CL thread) that they're making some changes to some of the CL offerings and thought I'd ask if there are any recent visits from this crowd?

IKR!!!! Even though I don't have many ressies to make, I still love the process and euphoria of each little item ticked off on my itinerary. Confused though.....the dining calculator says we can make ressies on 2/18. Is it really 2/17??

I have done so much rearranging and striking out and circles and arrows on my planning sheets....:faint: Today I need to make a FRESH new sheet before I start adding confirmation numbers. I don't put everything on the computer into a word doc until all the fastpasses are chosen. Plus--I am old school and love the organization of seeing everything written on paper. My DD18 thinks I am nuts but hey--it works for me and I do ALL the planning :laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing:

I know!! The dining calculator said 2/18 so I called Disney Dining customer service and she confirmed 2/17! Good thing I called lol
Good luck with yours!! :) Yay to 6 mos out!!

I know!! The dining calculator said 2/18 so I called Disney Dining customer service and she confirmed 2/17! Good thing I called lol
Good luck with yours!! :) Yay to 6 mos out!!

Cool beans!!! Looks like I will be on the computer in the morning....like I am not already :rotfl2::rotfl2: DH says he can always tell when it is Disney planning time because the laptop is practically attached to my hip :rolleyes: Thanks for taking the extra step and calling WDW Dining.

Does anyone know if I can book Behind the Seeds tour and a TL cabana online or do I have to call WDW Dining?

My DD will be 7.5 months old when we stay at the Grand this summer. Would the Alice in Wonderland splash pad area be somewhere she could play? Obviously not climbing all over or being directly under the emptying hat! But are there shallow areas for baby to sit and splash?

Hello hello everyone!! What a nice surprise to see so much activity here.

Hello fellow GF fans! Trying to catch up....not easy to do....lol...:blush: ..sounds like lots of food talk!! :thumbsup2 Its really always about the food isn't it???

Me too...::yes::

We like both Kona and GF Cafe too....GFC can have slow service at times tho...so we try to dine there when the plans are light for the day..Kona is just yummy..any meal..any time...and such a nice walk over from the GF over to the Poly...:cloud9:..I would recommend either...antoher hidden gem IMO for breakfats is The Wave....all I'm gonna say is key lime eggs benedict....:thumbsup2

Thanks for pointing that out bumbershoot.. not sure if people are aware of this...which is absolutely the strangest thing!!!!!!!!!:confused::confused3 Makes no sense to me at all...

I just posted about that too...what a nice meal...nice atmosphere too...relaxing after a day in the parks...but when you have to go back up to the 4th floor concourse to get back to the monorail...chaos...:eek: I sure wish that there was water transportation directly from the GF to the CR..:boat:

:thumbsup2 me too.....:blush:..and for no particular reason....lol....

:woohoo:You are in the right place to share your excitement alright!!! Happy Anniversary...Enjoying the GF and the Poly too...:lovestruc How wonderful!

Get packing!!

:thumbsup2 Do you happen to know our resident slow packer KonaKaiTom...lol...JK..he truly packs on departure day....and posts about it!!!!!!!!!!!!!:cool2::laughing:...lol...

Speaking of....Tom Hope that you had a a grand trip!! :goodvibes We are very possibly going to take a spring trip...and seems like we may be overlapping with some August trippers too! :dance3:It sure is hot at that time of year...but..pool time is terrific...and the GF has two lovely pools to enjoy!

~So ROL is finally a reality...would love feed back from anyone who does this before we do.... :goodvibes..Thinking a Tiffins dinner package would be nice...def don't want to use a FPP...and we are not particularly AK folks..:blush:... so I would make that an evening adventure for sure....

Just a quick shout out...Wishes..So glad that we got to catch up! And that you are going to enjoy another GF stay this year!:goodvibes grannyminnie :hug: its been ages...glad you have a trip coming up too!!! Trish many thanks for always sharing your wonderful pictures! the tea pics made me wish I was at the GF right now...:goodvibes

Hope that everyone is having a wonderful Wednesday!! :earsgirl: GF gal who need a new ticker or two...

Blueskies -:wave: How are you? Glad to see you stopped by, I miss chatting with you! Me, my DH and DS loved the Wave, my DD on the other hand didn't like it, but she's a picky eater. The only thing I didn't like about the Wave was the lack of windows. I am not a fan of closed in places, but I would go back one day without DD..

I have been a GF thread "lurker" for a few months. I have enjoyed all the pictures and comments, and they have made me very excited. Our last two trips we stayed at the Polynesian (2009) and Boardwalk (2014). My parents wanted to celebrate their 50th wedding anniversary at Disney with the grandkids and we booked GF from 4/16-4/21. I am super excited! The enthusiasm of all the GF lovers is so fun to read about. So really I just wanted to say thanks for all the info, happiness, pictures!

WOW!! What a great trip, I hope when I am grandparent one day I get to do with my grandkids. Have a Grand time!:wizard:

bumbershoot - Your DS is so lucky to have such an intuitive mom! There are many children who aren't so lucky and will be plagued with endless cycles of emotional issues because of similar undiagnosed issues. It is interesting that you have also seen a correlation with alcohol and it makes perfect sense. As a mom I know how validated you feel when your gut is telling you something is wrong and you finally get an answer! My DD15 has had (has) many issues over the years with being in the autism spectrum, having food allergies, medical issues, etc. and it brings a sense of calm to have answers even though you pray that there isn't an issue to begin with. KWIM?

back to regularly scheduled programming..............:p

Blueskies.....YES, it is always about the food isn't it :rotfl2: I too love The Wave. We just discovered this gem on our last meal of our last trip. We felt so dismayed that we hadn't tried it before! It was the best meal of our entire trip. I am drooling just thinking about my dish of perfectly cooked fish over a bed of fresh vegetable succotash in a light savory broth....:faint: DD had her first ever reuben sandwich made allergy safe by an amazingly friendly chef and has been begging for them ever since. Since looking over the menus, I am intent on trying their gluten free sweet potato pancakes. It is intriguing because of my love for those delectable orange tubers.

ROL and Pandora has thrown a wrench in my original itinerary but I think I have everything reworked. I can't bring myself to spend the cash on a ROL dining package after looking over the menus and knowing how my crew eats. I am opting to go to AK on a night when I do not need fastpasses for the morning so that I can schedule a FP for ROL and what I assume will be a FP for each of the new Pandora rides?? Luckily I have lots of time before my FP window opens. I feel compassion for those who are having to make a quick change to accommodate ROL AND Pandora at the beginning of summer without any concrete information to form a decision.

Pandora has definitely made me scratch my head a few times with our trip too:confused3. My family is definitely not fans of AK (expect my DD, she loves Everest) and they have see Avatar, but I am having a difficult time fitting it into our plans, our trip is shorter then usual, besides their really not interested. It opens two days before we get there and I am afraid its going to be insane if I push the issue and its crazy they'll all KILL me...lol. My DH and I are hoping to bounceback in October, I think I'll have to wait until then, I love seeing anything new..lol

Cool beans!!! Looks like I will be on the computer in the morning....like I am not already :rotfl2::rotfl2: DH says he can always tell when it is Disney planning time because the laptop is practically attached to my hip :rolleyes: Thanks for taking the extra step and calling WDW Dining.

Does anyone know if I can book Behind the Seeds tour and a TL cabana online or do I have to call WDW Dining?

Hi Grace&Carolinesmom - you can book the cabana and I am pretty sure the tour at 407-wdw-play. Good luck:goodvibes!

My DD will be 7.5 months old when we stay at the Grand this summer. Would the Alice in Wonderland splash pad area be somewhere she could play? Obviously not climbing all over or being directly under the emptying hat! But are there shallow areas for baby to sit and splash?

:wave:Minniemouse803 - I am not positive about the splash area, she definitely can walk around the water but I am sure about sitting, but there will definitely be someone here to answer your question. What I do know is the pool right over there has zero entry and the babies love it (so do I..:rotfl:) Have a great time!!

I would not recommend the Alice in Wonderland area to a baby that young. There is a massive amount of water falling and it is loud, but through Disney magic, it does not make a direct hit on the kids.

My 6 month old grandson last year did well in the zero entry pool (Beach pool). His parents brought him a flotation device which was like an inner tube with holes that he could stick his legs through. They stayed with him, of course, and he enjoyed it very much.

Yay! Got all my ressies done this morning. Only had to change Kona by 30 minutes otherwise everything was the exact time I wanted. I did have to call because the Disney website kept giving me an error message while trying to book. I think Disney is the only place I call that has such fun hold music that I am *almost* sad when a CM picks up because I wasn't finished listening to the tunes :rotfl:

Make it a Magical Friday everyone!!!! :wizard:

I have been a GF thread "lurker" for a few months. I have enjoyed all the pictures and comments, and they have made me very excited. Our last two trips we stayed at the Polynesian (2009) and Boardwalk (2014). My parents wanted to celebrate their 50th wedding anniversary at Disney with the grandkids and we booked GF from 4/16-4/21. I am super excited! The enthusiasm of all the GF lovers is so fun to read about. So really I just wanted to say thanks for all the info, happiness, pictures!

Welcome out of lurkdom!! :goodvibes The GF is such an absolutely grand place such a wonderful milestone...I would suggest that you have that noted on your reservation..and on any special dining that you are doing..Narcoosees or Citricos are both nice places for a celebratory dinner....Happy Anniversay to your parents!

Our big 180 days is coming this Friday!
We're at 182 today and I'm still changing my mind on ADR's :rolleyes:
Can't wait for the 180 though, time usually flies after this! GF here we come!!

:cheer2: Woohoo..Hope that you get everything that you want!!

Are we related!!!! ;):littleangel::laughing:....Behind the Seeds Tour needs to be booked by calling...we did it pretty recently and it was very intresting...and fun!

Yay! Got all my ressies done this morning. Only had to change Kona by 30 minutes otherwise everything was the exact time I wanted. I did have to call because the Disney website kept giving me an error message while trying to book. I think Disney is the only place I call that has such fun hold music that I am *almost* sad when a CM picks up because I wasn't finished listening to the tunes :rotfl:

Make it a Magical Friday everyone!!!! :wizard:

We must be related!!! :laughing: glad that you were able to get all of your ressies booked....:goodvibes

Well an Expedia 20%off coupon later our ressie changed from Poly gv cl to GF in SL. :cool1:

Scones and champagne it is!:woohoo:

Ill get lots of pix and updates next month if you travel after me ::yes::

Broke the surprise to the birthday girl and she is thrilledparty:

:dance3:You go girl!!! Poly princesses back at the GF....and with a nice discount...:wizard:...Looking forward to those lounge food pics!!! ::yes::

Wishes It is always fun to share trip planning around here....we all get the excitement! :goodvibes

grannyminnie Thanks for the pm!! Lots of fun ahead for you! Enjoy! :woohoo:

Hope that all of my fellow GF fans have a fabulous Friday! princess:...GF gal who is trying to figure out an updated itinerary for all that will be new by the time we take our summer time trip....:crazy2:...lol.... ( I sure do miss those EasyWDW crowd calendars and recommendations....)

Welcome out of lurkdom!! :goodvibes The GF is such an absolutely grand place such a wonderful milestone...I would suggest that you have that noted on your reservation..and on any special dining that you are doing..Narcoosees or Citricos are both nice places for a celebratory dinner....Happy Anniversay to your parents!

:cheer2: Woohoo..Hope that you get everything that you want!!

Are we related!!!! ;):littleangel::laughing:....Behind the Seeds Tour needs to be booked by calling...we did it pretty recently and it was very intresting...and fun!

We must be related!!! :laughing: glad that you were able to get all of your ressies booked....:goodvibes

:dance3:You go girl!!! Poly princesses back at the GF....and with a nice discount...:wizard:...Looking forward to those lounge food pics!!! ::yes::

Wishes It is always fun to share trip planning around here....we all get the excitement! :goodvibes

grannyminnie Thanks for the pm!! Lots of fun ahead for you! Enjoy! :woohoo:

Hope that all of my fellow GF fans have a fabulous Friday! princess:...GF gal who is trying to figure out an updated itinerary for all that will be new by the time we take our summer time trip....:crazy2:...lol.... ( I sure do miss those EasyWDW crowd calendars and recommendations....)
My expedia coupon is good until 2/18 for travel until 5/15.

SPRING20 is for 20%off in promo code box.

Maybe you should :surfweb:

Is that for a new ressie or ones already booked? One of mine is done with a TA. Can they apply those? I want what you got!!
I booked on Expedia.com. I think only for new reservation. Notes said no changes, you have to cancel and rebook

It's free to ask your TA and it expires tomorrow so get on it!good luck!

Hello to all my lovely GFers! :wave2:

Well, we've been home for about six weeks and the WDW bug struck a couple of days ago. Following an awful cross-country flight on the way home, we shook our heads and said 'never, ever again.' Hmm, that 'never, ever' lasted approximately 35 days! So, we are tentatively looking at May next year for our next GF stay. Of course, that assumes those rumors of a GF refit are merely rumors. We came home with sufficient photos to fill three albums. But, we bought four WDW albums. Another trip couldn't hurt! :D

BlueSkies - We are related!! :rotfl: And I too have been missing Josh's calendars...sigh.... I just looked at last year's and sorta copied his "daily" philosophies for parks and then tried to read between the lines for what I *think* might happen with ROL and Pandora throwing a monkey wrench in the whole plan. The biggest wait-n-see is how they will handle Avatar FP. I pray they don't start tiering AK or that will throw off everything :eek:

trishadono - How exciting!!! and SO SOON!! You must be :cloud9: Girls love a discount too ...because it helps to rationalize our purchase :P Can't wait to hear your report.

followthatmouse - I think travel nightmares are like giving birth......you SWEAR you will never get pregnant and go through it again. Then suddenly, you are planning another "Disney" addition :lmao:

BlueSkies - We are related!! :rotfl: And I too have been missing Josh's calendars...sigh.... I just looked at last year's and sorta copied his "daily" philosophies for parks and then tried to read between the lines for what I *think* might happen with ROL and Pandora throwing a monkey wrench in the whole plan. The biggest wait-n-see is how they will handle Avatar FP. I pray they don't start tiering AK or that will throw off everything :eek:

trishadono - How exciting!!! and SO SOON!! You must be :cloud9: Girls love a discount too ...because it helps to rationalize our purchase :P Can't wait to hear your report.

followthatmouse - I think travel nightmares are like giving birth......you SWEAR you will never get pregnant and go through it again. Then suddenly, you are planning another "Disney" addition :lmao:
She is so happy. We love how close sl is to everything.

I'll try to get pix of everything but any requests are welcome.

I love when there is trifle at tea or dessert time. Yum!

I think dd loves lox with her bagel, scones with Devonshire cream and champagne.

Last time they had a alcohol cart. I enjoyed being served. They were generous with the pour and very friendly. Curious what's new. I go to Disney 3/4 times a year but changes always going on.

I swear the pea soup is something I hope they still have, it was so good.

So, another question, Trish. If I have a discount already and the TA tries to use this coupon for us, will we lose the first discount? It's better than 20%.
Edited to add: just read on the Discount Codes that it expired yesterday.

So, another question, Trish. If I have a discount already and the TA tries to use this coupon for us, will we lose the first discount? It's better than 20%.
Edited to add: just read on the Discount Codes that it expired yesterday.
Hmm it said the 18th.

Rats I ran over and tried to book and it did say expired. Do you use ebates? Sometimes a coupon is there.

Stacking the Disney spring sale with any code didn't show much availability on orbitz and cheap tickets . I was looking everyday. Now a few hotels are showing availability. Those 2 have had an extra 15% off which would be close to the passholder rate.

Have our first stay at the Flo planned for this Fall, after waiting 24 years. Yay!

Having searched the thread, I'm still not 100% clear on the state of self-parking. From the satellite images, it looks like the "main lot" with valet and (apparently) self-parking seem to be one connected lot in two sections that I can access directly, apart from the convention center lot.

Can our experienced veterans clarify? Thanks a bunch. (Self-parking just allows us to control our timing without waiting for the valet service, especially since we come and go a lot.)

One thing that seems to be the case is that the lot across the street is no longer used for self-parking?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter