(2014-2020) Disney's GRAND FLORIDIAN RESORT & SPA + VILLAS Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Grand is a very small resort and is, therefore, relatively quiet no matter what building you stay in. When you say "water view," do you mean Lagoon View? That puts you in either Big Pine Key, Conch Key or Boca Chica. I've been in all three and have had lovely views from all three. My booking category was Lagoon View. From BPK we had a view of the Polynesian Huts, From BC, we were upgraded to TPV and had a spectacular view of the MK. In Conch we had a beautiful view of the CR and part of the MK. You really can't go wrong in any of the buildings. Several times we've booked garden view and had a view of the marina and courtyard that were awesome. The only bad view we ever had was the dreaded back of the poolhouse from BPK, which was a "garden view" room, however, I was there for a conference so it really didn't matter.

Tom
Yes , its Lagoon view.....my DIS language was failing me there...

Sounds like they all have pretty good views. We are a Poly family normally , but after the gutted the lobby and added DVC , we were unsure if we still wanted to stay there. We always wanted to try GF , and the time seemed right. We are split stay, so I know what to expect at POLY and sort of what to expect at GF.

We think we want a balcony 2nd floor also.

Any other suggestions on where the best Lagoon view rooms are is greatly appriciated!

Thanks for the input!

PS: When we went to the GFC to inquire about a to go menu, they had no clue what I was talking about and directed me to the pool bars and Mitzners
That's weird because it's on the info they have printed up in the flyers they have here and I just asked at the GFC about the to-go thing today around 5 pm and they didn't hesitate--said anything on the regular menu was available to go.

What options for breakfast and dinner would count as a quick service option? Would the grab and go at the Grand Floridian Cafe count? We were planning on at least one quick service dinner at the hotel, does the Grand Floridian havegrab and go available for dinner too?

Has anyone rented a cabana at the beach pool? If so can I wait til the day of? I doubt they would be sold out in November and I'd like to wait and see how the weather is.

Yes , its Lagoon view.....my DIS language was failing me there...

Sounds like they all have pretty good views. We are a Poly family normally , but after the gutted the lobby and added DVC , we were unsure if we still wanted to stay there. We always wanted to try GF , and the time seemed right. We are split stay, so I know what to expect at POLY and sort of what to expect at GF.

We think we want a balcony 2nd floor also.

Any other suggestions on where the best Lagoon view rooms are is greatly appriciated!

Thanks for the input!

If it was me, I'd pick Boca Chica first choice for Lagoon View and Conch Key as my second choice - as I noted, with BPK your lagoon view can be of the Poly and since you are Poly people and doing a split stay there - why not look at something else?

Tom

Has anyone rented a cabana at the beach pool? If so can I wait til the day of? I doubt they would be sold out in November and I'd like to wait and see how the weather is.
I popped over to GF to say hello to a fellow dis"er last November. ALL the cabanas were full that day.

Not sure tho about when to reserve. If there is a decent cancellation policy I would do it now.

It looked really nice too.

So we have two night complimentary stay coming up in May! It was for a standard room, which is totally fine! I had to change the dates and move it up by one day due to my husbands work schedule change. The amazing customer service rep and i were chatting and he was great, and just
Casually asked why we ended up with complimentary nights. I just explained our last trip was a little less magical and we didn't expect anything, but they gave that to us. Well, he shocked me by saying a bad experience shouldn't get a standard view and he was upgrading us. We now have theme park view!!!!!! I feel so lucky and grateful. Something we could never in a million years afford right now. I just wanted to share my absolutely great news! I can't wait for May!!!

I've always loved the place. Great food, incredible ambiance and always fresh. Never had a bad meal there. Usually go the first afternoon of my trip for lunch. However the lunch menu seems to be a lot more limited then I remembered it to be. At least they were able to fix my Grand BLT sandwich.

When did they start serving dinner? Seems like in order to accommodate breakfast, lunch and later dinner, many items were cut from the lunch menu.
GF Cafe has served dinner for years. I can't remember how long! The first time we ate dinner here was 2010.

So we have two night complimentary stay coming up in May! It was for a standard room, which is totally fine! I had to change the dates and move it up by one day due to my husbands work schedule change. The amazing customer service rep and i were chatting and he was great, and just
Casually asked why we ended up with complimentary nights. I just explained our last trip was a little less magical and we didn't expect anything, but they gave that to us. Well, he shocked me by saying a bad experience shouldn't get a standard view and he was upgrading us. We now have theme park view!!!!!! I feel so lucky and grateful. Something we could never in a million years afford right now. I just wanted to share my absolutely great news! I can't wait for May!!!
Wow! Thanks for sharing!!

It looks like I will get a chance to stay at the Grand for the first time. My travel agent contacted me about my stay in February at the Beach Club and because of construction I was offered the Grand or the Poly at my discounted Beach Club price. I love the Poly but didn't want to turn down a chance to stay here.

15 days!!!!!!!!!!! My only request was for a King bed :) We are in a GV room but soon after than we will be baaaackkkk at RPC. I keep checking availability at other resorts, but I can't change away from the Grand

Tom packing is overrated my friend.....

Morning! We leave Sat for our first ever stay at GF & our first ever CL stay! Just need clarification. On the first page it says (for RPC) 6:30am coffee & espresso then it says 7am and lists all the breakfast offerings. My husband will be headed to TL for surfing & has to be there by 6:45am. Am I right to assume there won't really be anything available to him in the lounge at 6:15am?

I don't want him going surfing without having eaten something. Should I just get some breakfast items ahead & have them in our room for him?

We're so excited!! A week at GF RPC without the kiddos! 44.3 hours to go!!! ;)

Morning! We leave Sat for our first ever stay at GF & our first ever CL stay! Just need clarification. On the first page it says (for RPC) 6:30am coffee & espresso then it says 7am and lists all the breakfast offerings. My husband will be headed to TL for surfing & has to be there by 6:45am. Am I right to assume there won't really be anything available to him in the lounge at 6:15am?

I don't want him going surfing without having eaten something. Should I just get some breakfast items ahead & have them in our room for him?

We're so excited!! A week at GF RPC without the kiddos! 44.3 hours to go!!! ;)
I would let the CMs at RPC know, they can get you some stuff to put in your room for hubby! Have a blast!!!

Anyone there now? Just wondering how the quick service food options are working out with Gasparilla's being closed. We enjoyed a pool day during our trip last fall and ordered lunch at the pool (just a burger, a salad, and kids' meals) and it took well over 30 minutes to receive. Needless to say, I am a little concerned about our upcoming trip and how they plan to manage the overflow of guests.

Anyone there now? Just wondering how the quick service food options are working out with Gasparilla's being closed. We enjoyed a pool day during our trip last fall and ordered lunch at the pool (just a burger, a salad, and kids' meals) and it took well over 30 minutes to receive. Needless to say, I am a little concerned about our upcoming trip and how they plan to manage the overflow of guests.
I was thinking the same thing.

Also, if anyone is there, that might have a food allergy, have you seen anything about an allergen menu? I have celiac and have to avoid gluten. So I am hoping that they have a couple of gluten free options.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter