(2014-2020) Disney's GRAND FLORIDIAN RESORT & SPA + VILLAS Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Very exciting! Have a safe trip down! We are renting a cabana tomorrow for the first time so it's a pool day for us so hopefully the weather will be nice!

Just so you know, weather is very cloudy at the moment. For the past few days there has been strong winds in the afternoon and today was mostly shaded (though the sun did make it through sometimes).

We have a polar patio cabana reservation for tomorrow and we're still thinking about keeping it or not.

Wow all the DISers are going to be at the pool tomorrow. Can't wait:cool1:

When we checked in on Tuesday, I kept checking my phone while on the ME to see if I got a text or email informing me of our room number. I never did get one. So we just walked right up to the check in desk, no line at all. Since we had done online checkin, it was very quick. Shortly after we arrived at our room, I received a text and email telling me room # & that I could go straight to my room, which was pretty funny....this was around 2:45pm.

Also, just to note since people were discussing this a day or two before we left for our trip, no foot cream or solar gel in our room....doesn't bother me in the least. Received turndown service Tuesday evening, but not Wed., then turndown again on Thurs. Will let you know about tonight, lol.

Only small thing that bothered me was on Wed., we returned to room about 2:45 for a break/nap and our room was not made up yet. We had this issue for our whole trip last year at the YC and I did not want a repeat this time, since we tend to take an afternoon break every day. I just called housekeeping on the room phone, it was answered by Guest Services & I nicely asked if our room could be made up in the mornings instead. The cm I spoke to said it wouldn't be a problem at all & so far these past 2 days, our room has been made up when we have returned back for our break.:)

I told my DH I think i have been ruined as I do not want to stay at any other resort from now on lol!! It is beautiful, the CM's are very friendly and you were all right, EVERY building is close to the main bldg!! Just love it so far! Thank you all for all your info and answers to questions! I don't ever want to leave!

It's been a few days since we've had foot cream, so we asked our concierge (we are CL in SL) and received four bottles on our bed just a moment later.
Housekeeping seems to be hit or miss when it comes to that cream, although we noticed it is usually one day every two days, it's nice to know that you can request for more.

Aaaaaagh.

Sorry, just had to let that out. We are under 100 days. And I can't wait.

November can't come fast enough for me.

Okay, back to your regularly scheduled thread.

Too funny!

I'm on the countdown for mid September.
The more I look at the pics the more excited I get.
Found the cutest Minnie Mouse dresses at Target yesterday for 2 of my girls.

Counting down for me too! 22 days until our September trip, and 77 days until our November trip! Getting antsy looking all the beautiful photos.

We are also here now and in Conch Key as well with the same view, we are on the 5th floor, nice and quiet, beautiful room, Wishes from our balcony and close to everything in this building. This is our first stay at GF and it has really been wonderful so far. I love the turn down service with the chocolate on our pillow each evening. We have met very friendly and helpful staff here. There was a conference here earlier in the week so more busy but it seems less busy now. image.jpeg

So tonight I noticed from the end of the building (BPK) you can see the EWP, you can see it through the trees from our balcony looking right, but a much better view if you walk down the path to the end of the building, that was pretty cool. Then back in our room tonight we saw some of the higher fireworks from MK.

We have recieved turndown service every night so far (but not the GF specific chocolates, haven't seen those yet) also have recieved the foot cream every day (first day there were two in our bathroom, today there was one).

We have received turndown service every night so far (but not the GF specific chocolates, haven't seen those yet) also have recieved the foot cream every day (first day there were two in our bathroom, today there was one).

It's very funny, the inconsistency between bldgs and even between floors in these little extras. No turndown service for us last night & haven't received the GF specific chocolates on the nights we have had turndown so far. And no foot cream so far......just strange....oh well:)

It's very funny, the inconsistency between bldgs and even between floors in these little extras. No turndown service for us last night & haven't received the GF specific chocolates on the nights we have had turndown so far. And no foot cream so far......just strange....oh well:)

That is strange, I guess it just depends on who makes up the rooms and what they have available maybe, but if you want something you didn't get I think they'll bring it for you if you ask them.

That is strange, I guess it just depends on who makes up the rooms and what they have available maybe, but if you want something you didn't get I think they'll bring it for you if you ask them.

I'm sure that's what it is, just figured ALL the housekeeping carts should be fully stocked all the time. And I'm sure they would bring whatever a guest requested, but these items are so small, I certainly wouldn't go out of my way to do that.

I told my DH I think i have been ruined as I do not want to stay at any other resort from now on lol!! It is beautiful, the CM's are very friendly and you were all right, EVERY building is close to the main bldg!! Just love it so far! Thank you all for all your info and answers to questions! I don't ever want to leave!

I had the same feeling when we stayed at GF last April. It's all of those little touches that sets GF a notch above the rest. We cannot wait to go back next Easter!

I'm sure that's what it is, just figured ALL the housekeeping carts should be fully stocked all the time. And I'm sure they would bring whatever a guest requested, but these items are so small, I certainly wouldn't go out of my way to do that.

Sure the items are small but they make lovely souvenirs when we go back home and feel GF blues. We can confirm housekeeping does deliver more if requested, we were out of foot cream and got 4 more when we asked.

Hi all. We stayed in Sugar Loaf in late May. I promised to come back with a mini trip report and pictures. It was our first stay at the GF. We had actually never even stepped foot on property. We had only ever seen it from a distance. Well...we LOVED it there! The resort is absolutely gorgeous. We loved everything about it....the pools, the buildings, the beauty of the entire resort. It never felt stuffy at all. It was pure Disney and we were so glad we stayed. We didn't spend much time at all in the main building. Just walked through for the monorail. We actually preferred the look and feel of the outer buildings more than the main building. We were extremely disappointed in the club level service in Sugar Loaf. It was beyond disappointing. But, we didn't let it dampen our week. We enjoyed every minute of our vacation.

It was so fun to just jump on the monorail and skip straight over. We've stayed at the Beach Club a couple times in the past and I was afraid we would miss that short walk over to Epcot. But, the monorail was great. The boats were very nice but there were times that it was a long wait returning. The bellmen were so great at the GF. We had a couple older gentlemen who brought us to and from our building when checking in and checking out. They were so sweet and so fun! They made a big fuss over the kids and told us a lot of great history about the resort.

We really enjoyed the pool area and used it every single day. We are ride junkies so we usually run through the parks from attraction to attraction. So, we try to balance it with sleeping in some and swimming. We only ate in the quick service once but it was great. We walked to the Poly our first day to check it out. It's always been my husband's dream resort. He's been dying to stay there. We enjoyed the walk over but realized that it's not really for us. It was nice but just not the vibe that we enjoy. We love the Beach Club and Grand Floridian. We also checked out the Wilderness Lodge one evening. We went to the MK and took the boat to the WL and LOVED it! We absolutely have to stay there sometime!!!! It was gorgeous and tranquil. Cannot wait to book a trip there!

Thanks for all of the fun tips and posts on this board. It helped us plan a great trip. :)

IMG_0031.JPG IMG_0034.JPG IMG_0035.JPG IMG_0062.JPG IMG_0066.JPG IMG_0123.JPG IMG_0124.JPG IMG_0223.JPG IMG_0321.JPG IMG_0328.JPG

ToyStory3 - Thanks for the TR and the pics, we tried RPC once and missed the grounds of the GF and have been staying in the outer-buildings ever since. But we do LOVE the lobby and Mizners and make sure we spend a couple of hours every evening. We too also love the WL, we're actually staying there in January for 4 nights. Could never stay there in the summer, GF pools are way better IMO and my family, besides we love the cabanas.

Yes they sell cases in the little shop on the back of the lobby for $6.29

Check my Instagram for a pic

https://instagram.com/p/BJd-zs-BnAA/

everyone! we check in a week from today. woot woot!
can anyone tell me if the GF sells cases of water somewhere? Or something other than $3/16oz bottle? I am trying to decide whether to order some to have shipped there or not. thx!

[GALLERY=]https://instagram.com/p/BJd-zs-BnAA/[/GALLERY][/QUOTE]
Oh yay, thank u! That's perfect!

Is the guided fishing excursion offered every day of the week? Trying to adjust my final plans as we check in Tuesday night. I am thinking I don't want them on the 7am excursion the morning after MNsSHP, as is currently planned. Oops!

I really can't decide whether to request Boca Chica or Big Pine Key. We have lagoon view booked.
I need all the suggestions anyone is willing to give.

Does every category of room get the foot cream- or only club level and suites? My last 2 stays were in RPC but I check in this afternoon for a conference in a standard room. My feet are killing me already from yesterday's Epcot & Hollywood Studios exploring.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!