(2014-2020) Disney's GRAND FLORIDIAN RESORT & SPA + VILLAS Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

So excited for you, too! You will have a great time!

Thank you Lisann! I feel very fortunate, can't believe it's already been a year since our last Disney trip!

I am especially happy that we are taking the first day to just relax at hotel. Indeed, the last couple times to Disney I've taken one of my two children and trips have been short so we've jumped right into the parks.

Need opinions! I am in a main building 2-bedroom suite from Sept. 17-20 and an outer building 2-bedroom suite from Sept. 20-25. All suite guests can access both club lounges. The outer bldg suite just opened up for Sept. 17-20....so I drop the main building and extend my other one so I don't have to switch rooms? It would save me about $1000 but I would lose being in the main building. I can't decide...help!

Need opinions! I am in a main building 2-bedroom suite from Sept. 17-20 and an outer building 2-bedroom suite from Sept. 20-25. All suite guests can access both club lounges. The outer bldg suite just opened up for Sept. 17-20....so I drop the main building and extend my other one so I don't have to switch rooms? It would save me about $1000 but I would lose being in the main building. I can't decide...help!

I would take the outer building suite for the whole trip to avoid moving. You will have access to the main building and $1000 left over for room service.

I would take the outer building suite for the whole trip to avoid moving. You will have access to the main building and $1000 left over for room service.

Yeah, I was leaning toward not moving. But the main building rooms are so beautiful. Thanks for your input on my first world problem lol.

Last edited:
We are booked in a lagoon view room 10/11 for 4 nights.
I cannot decide where I want to request a room location.
I like quiet. So boat horns are a concern. But a great view is always nice.
The rooms are pretty round proof. We have a room overlooking the courtyard pool and can't hear ny noise with balcony door shut. Last stay we had lagoon view in Big Pine looking towards Poly, and didn't hear any noise.
I would just attach request to your reservation, quiet room.

Yesterday and today turndown service had regular Ghiradelli Choc Squares, not the ones either the GF pic on it. Just says Disney Parks. I wonder what's up with that? I love Ghiradelli BUT hope they're not going to genetic wrapping. I'd miss the GF wrapping.

Solar Gel update: only made an appearance in my room once! I got excited there for a moment thinking they brought it back.

Yesterday and today turndown service had regular Ghiradelli Choc Squares, not the ones either the GF pic on it. Just says Disney Parks. I wonder what's up with that? I love Ghiradelli BUT hope they're not going to genetic wrapping. I'd miss the GF wrapping.

Solar Gel update: only made an appearance in my room once! I got excited there for a moment thinking they brought it back.

I was just about to post about the same. We received Ghiradellis as well on turndown today, and wondered if it was temporary or not… we certainly preferred the feel of the GF wrapping.

EDIT: FWIW, we're staying in SL.
EDIT #2: IIRC we still had GF wrapping yesterday… hope it's not the sign of a permanent change…

We are on our way to the grand Floridian only about an hour away at this point in our travels, I did do online check-in and got an email saying I might get a room ready text to skip the check-in desk (not a definitive yes you will get the text, but we shall see) I haven't gotten any type of text or email yet but it's well before check-in time anyway.

I'll try to upload a room view picture once we get there! Hope everyone currently traveling/vacationing now and soon has a great time!

I'll try to upload a room view picture once we get there! Hope everyone currently traveling/vacationing now and soon has a great time!
I'm looking forward to your room view picture. We are going to be at the GF in December and I'm trying to decide what building to request. :) The last time we stayed at the GF was when it was brand new. In fact, I think they were still building the last of the guest buildings. I still remember how surprised I was to have turn down service and chocolates for our room. The next day I made sure that the kids' bathing suits and clothes were picked up before we left the room. ;)

So it feels almost like we are staying for the first time, since it has been decades since we were last there. :)

I'm looking forward to your room view picture. We are going to be at the GF in December and I'm trying to decide what building to request. :) The last time we stayed at the GF was when it was brand new. In fact, I think they were still building the last of the guest buildings. I still remember how surprised I was to have turn down service and chocolates for our room. The next day I made sure that the kids' bathing suits and clothes were picked up before we left the room. ;)

So it feels almost like we are staying for the first time, since it has been decades since we were last there. :)
What category room did you book? When we stay Garden View we request Sago and have always gotten a beautiful view of the marina. For Lagoon View we've gotten Big Pine Key and a view of the Poly two times, last February we had Lagoon View but got Pixie dusted and had full on theme park view, not lean around the corner theme park view, but open the drapes and Cindy's is right in front of you and contemporary and space mountain are to the right.

Tom

We are on our way to the grand Floridian only about an hour away at this point in our travels, I did do online check-in and got an email saying I might get a room ready text to skip the check-in desk (not a definitive yes you will get the text, but we shall see) I haven't gotten any type of text or email yet but it's well before check-in time anyway.

Exciting! party:
We'll see you Saturday in the afternoon when we arrive!:wave:

Enjoy!!!

We are booked in a lagoon view room 10/11 for 4 nights.
I cannot decide where I want to request a room location.
I like quiet. So boat horns are a concern. But a great view is always nice.

We're staying at the SL, and while this building is pretty far from water we can definitively hear the boats horns. The noise level is too low to wake me up (and I wake up easily when something sounds). This and the elevators are the two things I won't miss when returning home! (Although this obviously will not be a deal-breaker for returning to the GF!)

We're staying at the SL, and while this building is pretty far from water we can definitively hear the boats horns. The noise level is too low to wake me up (and I wake up easily when something sounds). This and the elevators are the two things I won't miss when returning home! (Although this obviously will not be a deal-breaker for returning to the GF!)
We LOVE the sounds of MK waking up each morning. Hearing the ferry boats horns and all of the hustle and bustle of the day just makes the morning even more special for us!

Tom

We LOVE the sounds of MK waking up each morning. Hearing the ferry boats horns and all of the hustle and bustle of the day just makes the morning even more special for us!

Tom

Obviously! I won't miss the horns but I will DEFINITIVELY miss the Grand Floridian, and all the things with Transportation (hearing boats, watching them sail and the monorail pass by) is part of the magic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter