(2014-2020) Disney's GRAND FLORIDIAN RESORT & SPA + VILLAS Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yay!! You're there! Thanks so much for posting the pictures. Please remind me of what type of room you have. We are standard room RPC in March and I'm trying to get a grip on what view to request or if I should just let it fall into their hands. This will be our first RPC stay :cloud9:. Can't wait to read all about your stay!!
Honestly, a nice view from your room is nice to have, but in the main building, I personally don't think it matters because the lounge has spectacular views!! I would just specify that you don't want to be on the second floor...it's not convenient at all, IMO!!

I was just reading a review of the GF on another site and the person mentioned being upset at Gasparilla's being closed during her stay. She said she was told that Gasparilla's is refurbished EVERY August. Is this true??

I was at an event last night and a rep from universal said they are spending 10 billion dollars in add'l expansion at Universal. They are going to take over Disney...

I had a thought about tickets last night. If I can find an extra $700 I can pre buy my tickets for 2017. We will likely need a 4 day kid ticket then and a 4 day adult ticket. I have to decide if I need a park hopper. My DH has an AP for this next year and my son is free for our next trip since he will be just under 3.
So I can prebuy 2017 and it will cost less. If they do tiered ticketing, I don't think they can deny those that have already purchased them... Hmmmm...
Lol, I thought of that too!
I was just reading a review of the GF on another site and the person mentioned being upset at Gasparilla's being closed during her stay. She said she was told that Gasparilla's is refurbished EVERY August. Is this true??
y
I don't think so. We stayed 14 days Aug 2014 & Gaspys was open entire time.

Lol, I thought of that too!
y
I don't think so. We stayed 14 days Aug 2014 & Gaspys was open entire time.

This past August, Gasparilla's was closed from Aug. 23-Sept. 4, I believe. Does anyone recall if it was closed during that time frame in previous years?

This past August, Gasparilla's was closed from Aug. 23-Sept. 4, I believe. Does anyone recall if it was closed during that time frame in previous years?
When we stayed, Aug 2014 & 2013 it was open. The last time it was renovated to my knowledge was when they took out the arcade. Can't remember the year. But someone here will!

When we stayed, Aug 2014 & 2013 it was open. The last time it was renovated to my knowledge was when they took out the arcade. Can't remember the year. But someone here will!

Gasparilla's was closed when we were there in October 2012 -- I believe that was the year they removed the arcade as it was a long close.

Tom

Not that I have to worry about this anytime soon as my trip isn't until August lol, but is there a place on the online check in form to indicate preference for two queen beds? Or is that a request I should have my TA put in for us? I can't remember what all is on the form, other than buildings and floors. I've focused so much on what building I wanted to be in that I haven't given much thought to the bed type. And on our past two trips, we have been assigned to a king bed room, when what we needed was the queen configuration. Fortunately, we were able to get switched to the queens, but I would definitely like to request it if possible.

Not that I have to worry about this anytime soon as my trip isn't until August lol, but is there a place on the online check in form to indicate preference for two queen beds? Or is that a request I should have my TA put in for us? I can't remember what all is on the form, other than buildings and floors. I've focused so much on what building I wanted to be in that I haven't given much thought to the bed type. And on our past two trips, we have been assigned to a king bed room, when what we needed was the queen configuration. Fortunately, we were able to get switched to the queens, but I would definitely like to request it if possible.

I checked in a couple weeks ago and there was not an option to choose your bed configuration. I have the opposite problem as I really want a king bed. I called and added it to my reservation, but I was still hoping I could add it as a request at online check in - but nope!

I still don't understand why Disney doesn't let people reserve the room they want. Most hotels let you reserve your bed type. I understand Disney probably wants some flexibility when assigning rooms, but it seems like they could control reservations by what rooms they opened for booking and then people would know what they are getting.

Does anyone here know when the Gingerbread house will be up and open this year? I've been looking for the date and haven't found it. I know it's sometime in mid-Nov.

I've never heard of anything about a refurb for Gasparilla's every August, but I was at GG earlier today, so I asked why it was closed late August-Sept 4th recently (or whatever the dates were) and the CM told me they were putting in new refrigerators....so I'm guessing they didn't do that when they did the big refurb a few years ago??

I've never heard of anything about a refurb for Gasparilla's every August, but I was at GG earlier today, so I asked why it was closed late August-Sept 4th recently (or whatever the dates were) and the CM told me they were putting in new refrigerators....so I'm guessing they didn't do that when they did the big refurb a few years ago??

Dispro, thank you for asking the CM at Gasparilla's. I feel much better now. We stayed at the YC for the first time in August & one of the things we didn't like about it was the lack of a QS restaurant. We are really looking forward to our first stay at GF in almost 24 years. Again, thanks for taking the time to ask. Enjoy the rest of your vacation.

Does anyone here know when the Gingerbread house will be up and open this year? I've been looking for the date and haven't found it. I know it's sometime in mid-Nov.
I don't know the answer to this one, but we were there the first weekend of November to dine at GF café and it was under construction. The tree was up, and my girls got to taste samples of the gingerbread house...it was awesome!

Hello fellow GF fans :wave2:....Page 2 rescue....!!!!!!!!!!

Almost all standard rooms at the GF have 2 queen beds and a day bed...there are specific rooms that have king beds in that designated category..although there are some rooms standard rooms with kings beds..there are not that many and I believe would most likely have to be requested...So I think that you will definitely get your preference....:thumbsup2

I checked in a couple weeks ago and there was not an option to choose your bed configuration. I have the opposite problem as I really want a king bed. I called and added it to my reservation, but I was still hoping I could add it as a request at online check in - but nope!

I still don't understand why Disney doesn't let people reserve the room they want. Most hotels let you reserve your bed type. I understand Disney probably wants some flexibility when assigning rooms, but it seems like they could control reservations by what rooms they opened for booking and then people would know what they are getting.

Having that request on your reservation is definitely the best way to try and get what you want...and I agree...at other resorts..for instance POFQ you can reserve and standard room with a king bed....BE sure to ask at the desk before you even head to your room if it does indeed have a king bed..otherwise have them change it right then... I can't remember if you are staying CL loveshak...but if you are be sure to put in a call to IPO with your request a few weeks before your trip...They can also put the request in for you...:goodvibes

Last year it was completed by mid November and opened about the 20th I think....

Lovely pics Dispro :cloud9:

23 days to go for us:lovestruc

:dance3:

And I agree..thanks for taking the time to pop in Dispro...and for sharing some pics too!! Its the next best thing to being there...:thumbsup2

Hope that you all are having a magical Monday....:earsgirl: preppy GF gal is almost ready to do the single digit dance!!!:woohoo:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter