• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

Disney's GRAND FLORIDIAN RESORT & SPA Information & Questions + Construction Updates

The Halloween party dates being confirmed has really helped me begin to plan our schedule. We are doing AK on a nonparty day and instead of hopping to MK for a dessert party like we normally would, we decided to just make our own dessert party and watch from our room :). Maybe have drinks and apps at Enchanted Rose first. But I need some ideas...I know I could just order stuff from Publix but I want some treats from the resort.

M. Mouse Mercantile Closing for Refurbishment at Disney's Grand Floridian Resort Starting May 13

Guests staying at Disney's Grand Floridian Resort & Spa in the coming months will notice that parts of the resort are actively being refurbished to enhance the Guest experience. As part of these efforts, the M. Mouse Mercantile shop will undergo refurbishment work beginning May 13, 2024. Guests may see or hear refurbishment work taking place around the area until the work is completed in mid-July.

During this time, the merchandise location will not be open, but products from the store will be shifted to other locations. Sandy Cove Gifts and Sundries or Curiouser Clothiers will continue to be available to Guests during that time.
Quoting myself, as it appears the start date has changed, and an end date has been provided for the M. Mouse Mercantile refurb.

The M. Mouse Mercantile at Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort will be closed starting May 20th for about two months. The location is currently set to reopen on July 13th, according to Blog Mickey.

So, I did hear, over a month or so ago, the patio set by the Splash Pad, was being removed from rental. However, when I was there for vacation over Easter, I made it a point to check it out, but at that time, the sign was still out and the couch and area was available to rent. Definitely possible it was removed after the busy holiday. I actually took a picture as I walked past it on 4/1. You can see the sign still out on the small table, usually indicating it could still be reserved.

View attachment 857059

There are only cabanas by the Beach Pool itself. I think the Patios by the Splash Pad are considered by the Beach Pool area, since the Splash Pad is technically right next to it. You can see pictures of the rentals on Page 1 HERE.

*Help from the Group Needed!!*

If anyone is there, can you please confirm the Patio set has been removed from rental by the Splash Pad? Thanks in advance!!!

Yes confirmation would be great because again I have a small one that would love the splash pad area and that's ideally where we wanted to rent the patio seating. The CM I made the reservation with for the Courtyard pool said the system wasn't even seeing the ability to rent at the Beach pool anymore. But then spoke to another that said yes there is the ability to book at Beach pool but I know they hadn't actually looked at any dates so it's possible it was old news.
I’m heading down to the pool soon and will let you know!

I’m heading down to the pool soon and will let you know!
Okay - I went down and while the patio set is there, I asked and there is unfortunately nothing available for rent at the splash pad. The couch is still there and was available when I checked it out but it is NOT available to rent/reserve. @TheDailyMoo Probably not what you wanted to hear but hope it helps!

Okay - I went down and while the patio set is there, I asked and there is unfortunately nothing available for rent at the splash pad. The couch is still there and was available when I checked it out but it is NOT available to rent/reserve. @TheDailyMoo Probably not what you wanted to hear but hope it helps!
Thank you so much for confirming! I truly appreciate it!!!

Now that's being a great Dis member!

You're awesome! Thanks for the detective work! I'm keeping the Courtyard pool for now but maybe if you pop over there you can tell me if that's worth it haha. Just kidding no more doing my dirty work...enjoy your trip and thanks again!!

We had Poolside Patios for two of our days last week, and highly recommend them. (this was not our first time booking them) I will say they are fairly close together, and we lucked out both days with pleasant guests as neighbors. The servers stopped by frequently to see if we needed drinks from the bar or to take food orders. The cooler kept the provided beverages super cold, and when we asked about having diet Cokes and waters only we were told that was fine, they were happy to accommodate.

We had Poolside Patios for two of our days last week, and highly recommend them. (this was not our first time booking them) I will say they are fairly close together, and we lucked out both days with pleasant guests as neighbors. The servers stopped by frequently to see if we needed drinks from the bar or to take food orders. The cooler kept the provided beverages super cold, and when we asked about having diet Cokes and waters only we were told that was fine, they were happy to accommodate.
How much did you pay per patio? We may consider this for our pool day.

We did a poolside patio last November during our trip and LOVED it. The people who rented the other one, came down once, checked out the snacks/drinks and left some towels and things on the furniture and then we never saw them again the rest of the day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter