Disney's FORT WILDERNESS CABINS & CAMPGROUNDS Information & Questions

Yes, there is a pack and play in the closet in the bedroom. On just one of our visits, it wasn't there for some reason, but we got one sent over pretty quickly once we asked. Just check the closet when you first arrive at the cabin, and you should be all set!

We just returned from our stay at a cabin. I just wanted to mention something I observed which I had never seen before. The beach area is closed at night (there is a sign stating it) so I'm not sure that they allow people to sit or stand on the beach area to watch the fireworks or water parade. You can stand on the dock or near where the boat rentals are.

Still allowed to see the EWP and wishes. My understanding is the beach is closed after 10pm or somewhere in that time after both shows are completed.

Can someone tell me if they still offer kayaking? Thank you in advance.

Yes, it is still allowed on the inner canals of the Fort. You can rent them through the Bike Barn. The Bike Barn (open 8 a.m.-6 p.m.) is located behind the Meadow Trading Post and rents bicycles, canoes, kayaks, and equipment for fishing and tennis. Life vests (provided) must be worn by all guests while in the boats. . The phone number is (407) 824-2742.

Yes, it is still allowed on the inner canals of the Fort. You can rent them through the Bike Barn. The Bike Barn (open 8 a.m.-6 p.m.) is located behind the Meadow Trading Post and rents bicycles, canoes, kayaks, and equipment for fishing and tennis. Life vests (provided) must be worn by all guests while in the boats. . The phone number is (407) 824-2742.

Thank you so much. I didn't see any info on WDW website anymore so I thought maybe they weren't offering it.

I have a reservation at Fort Wilderness campground for 5 guests this November and would like to increase it to 6. I get as far as increasing the number of guests in MDE then when I click the update button it either doesn't work at all or it says "please wait while we complete your request". After that the guests number remains the same at 5 and the check out button doesn't work because nothing has changed. Has anyone else encountered this problem in the past. I am aware I could telephone Disney but we are in the UK so I thought I would ask here first.

I did this recently and I believe you have to add the person into your family, Click on "My Friends and Family", add a guest, then you increase the number on your reservation and choose that new person. Then it will update.

Hopefully it will work the same for you.

I did this recently and I believe you have to add the person into your family, Click on "My Friends and Family", add a guest, then you increase the number on your reservation and choose that new person. Then it will update.

Hopefully it will work the same for you.
That's exactly what I did, added the new person on my MDE to friends and family but it would not let me increase the number on my reservation. I read on another post recently that you have to telephone to increase or decrease the number of guests on your reservation but you obviously have managed it online. Thanks for the reply though :)

Does anyone know if they're planning on converting any more cabin loops to trailers?
Haven't heard anything as of yet. Over on the camping forum some of the trip report threads have had pics of the newly converted loop and it looks pretty good.

I'm hoping someone can point me in the right direction. We are staying at FW cabins in early December and one of our MK days has EMH in the morning (opens at 8). How can I find out when the ferries begin running? We're looking to take the ferry over. Thanks

I'm hoping someone can point me in the right direction. We are staying at FW cabins in early December and one of our MK days has EMH in the morning (opens at 8). How can I find out when the ferries begin running? We're looking to take the ferry over. Thanks

The boat directly from FW to the MK begins running 30 to 45 minutes prior to park opening. An alternative plan is that you can use the boat which goes from FW to the Contemporary. This boat begins running at 6:45am. From the dock of the Contemporary it is a 10 minute walk to MK.

My family of six is visiting the Fort this December with the DDP. What can you tell me about QS and snack-credit options? I guess I can't really tell what's up with Crockett's Tavern, the Meadow, and Trail's End at non-dinner times. Breakfast, lunch, and what counts as snacks, I want to know it all!
We expect to eat dinner at TE at some point, possibly paying out of pocket because it is lower-cost than some of the other many, many TS options we want to try, including using two credits on our day of arrival for MBYBBQ. We are not pop people, so we're not too concerned about the refillable mug issues at FW, but any insights and advice would still be appreciated, too.

First time camping trip to FW. I'm just going for a two day trip and was wondering about the buses. I am getting there in the afternoon and plan on animal Kingdom that day. Would it be faster to just drive over? Do the buses run quite often?

If you've stayed at any Disney resorts the bus times from the resort to parks is about the same all around. The difference at the Fort is there is an internal bus system that transports you from various locations around the campground to the main depot at the front of FW.

I'd say your times will be about the same driving as taking bus. You have to figure if you drive you have to park and shuttle.

Heard different results over the years. Some swear driving is faster others (like me) say that I leave the driving to Disney.

If you've stayed at any Disney resorts the bus times from the resort to parks is about the same all around. The difference at the Fort is there is an internal bus system that transports you from various locations around the campground to the main depot at the front of FW.

I'd say your times will be about the same driving as taking bus. You have to figure if you drive you have to park and shuttle.

Heard different results over the years. Some swear driving is faster others (like me) say that I leave the driving to Disney.
Thanks. We never waited long at any other resort for a bus. I guess I'm just nervous because my daughter usually is the organizer and I just go with the flow.

So we're basically trying to decide between AKL Kidani 1 BR and the Cabin, but I'm worried about 4 adults and 1 bathroom. For those who have done it, did it mean long mornings or are there other getting ready spaces available?

I could use help determining cabin location. There will be seven of us in a cabin and I would like to be near a comfort station for extra bathrooms and showers in the morning, as well as laundry. So I was debating between loop 2500 for the quiet pool comfort station and loop 2200 for the loop 1100 comfort station.

But does the quiet pool comfort station (loop 2500) have showers and laundry? I have seen conflicting information. I appreciate any help.

I could use help determining cabin location. There will be seven of us in a cabin and I would like to be near a comfort station for extra bathrooms and showers in the morning, as well as laundry. So I was debating between loop 2500 for the quiet pool comfort station and loop 2200 for the loop 1100 comfort station.

But does the quiet pool comfort station (loop 2500) have showers and laundry? I have seen conflicting information. I appreciate any help.

I don't stay in the cabins as iItypically bring my own home on wheels. If you don't get an answer you can try posting this on the camping forum where there are a lot of regulars who primarily post over there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter