Disney's CORONADO SPRINGS RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok thanks for the info!
Now I know

The rooms are located in Cabanas 9B which is probably one of the best building locations, in my opinion. Very close to El Centro and Bus Stop #1, no problems getting picked up here at all. Also very close to the main pool. I'm not sure how far it is from parking but the main reason I chose Business Class was that it was basically the better "preferred" location. Of course there is a rumor that it's going away at the end of the year so it's all moot anyway.

My mistake, pretzels are no longer.

On occasion they try different items but these are the staples.

I haven't been looking through this thread for a while. Just checking in - the room refurbs ARE still taking place, right?

Buzz posted the new room photos on his Facebook group! They look amazing
sigh......
I'm disappointed in the new room decor.
We stayed at BC "pre-refurb" (2014) and loved theming of the room even if they were a bit worn. Then we stayed post-refurb (2016) and noticed how the new decor excluded the resort theme of "Turn-of-the-Century, New England Coastal". I felt like I was staying in some 5-star Hyatt in Anywhere, USA.
Looking at the CSR refurbed room pix I'm not seeing much that says, "Mexico or Southwest".
I guess I'm in the minority but I like feeling immersed in the resort theme when I'm in my room. I don't want the theme to end when I enter my room. Imagine if they did that in AoA!

I guess I'll be requesting an old style room when we go in Jan. I really do like it better and I don't even care if the stuff is worn.

sigh......
I'm disappointed in the new room decor.
We stayed at BC "pre-refurb" (2014) and loved theming of the room even if they were a bit worn. Then we stayed post-refurb (2016) and noticed how the new decor excluded the resort theme of "Turn-of-the-Century, New England Coastal". I felt like I was staying in some 5-star Hyatt in Anywhere, USA.
Looking at the CSR refurbed room pix I'm not seeing much that says, "Mexico or Southwest".
I guess I'm in the minority but I like feeling immersed in the resort theme when I'm in my room. I don't want the theme to end when I enter my room. Imagine if they did that in AoA!

I guess I'll be requesting an old style room when we go in Jan. I really do like it better and I don't even care if the stuff is worn.

I do understand your disappointment. I know what you mean about BC -- while I loved the freshness of the "new" rooms - you're right, the theming is gone. I do like the look of the new rooms at CSR, however. I guess in all my stays there (16 since 2005 - I keep a list! :blush:), I never felt the theming was in the rooms themselves, but have always immersed myself in the exterior theming.

I don't think you have to worry about requesting one of the non-refurbished rooms in January since the refurb hasn't begun (latest info is that it will begin sometime in January).

I do understand your disappointment. I know what you mean about BC -- while I loved the freshness of the "new" rooms - you're right, the theming is gone. I do like the look of the new rooms at CSR, however. I guess in all my stays there (16 since 2005 - I keep a list! :blush:), I never felt the theming was in the rooms themselves, but have always immersed myself in the exterior theming.

I don't think you have to worry about requesting one of the non-refurbished rooms in January since the refurb hasn't begun (latest info is that it will begin sometime in January).

During our BC stay DH and I (both in our 50's) joked how WDW probably hired young interior designers who thought the "turn of the century" Coastal New England theming of BC meant the year 2000.

ETA -I think the new rooms at both BC and CSR are very lovely! And although the modern design is not what I'd chose for my home, if I were staying in them anywhere but WDW, I'd be perfectly happy. It's just that when I'm in a Disney Resort hotel with a particular theme, I'd like a few more touches in the rooms to remind me of the theme of that resort.

Last edited:
I am with crazymom. The decor does not feel in theme. And besides that just way too modern for my taste. It looks like they may be extending the business theme. I never have stayed here but was hoping for a room in May. My dates have not been available yet (locked into specific ones) and now I at least won't feel as disappointed. Actually the only refurbed rooms I have loved lately were POR Alligator Bayau and I know I am in the minority of even liking those rooms at all. To each thier own and that is why they do give us many choices. I may still try to get my dates booked here and request an old room but I have to admit I would be way upset if I got the new room. I will probably go with CBR this trip.

They look really nice! I love the Caballero prints. The glass door on the fridge is nice. It'll make it harder for items to be left behind and forgotten. I like the added shelving. The theme is still there for me. Those are non carpeted floors, right? If so, I think that is a plus. My only concern will be the tub. If not all rooms have them that could be an issue for families with young kids.

I am with crazymom. The decor does not feel in theme. And besides that just way too modern for my taste. It looks like they may be extending the business theme. I never have stayed here but was hoping for a room in May. My dates have not been available yet (locked into specific ones) and now I at least won't feel as disappointed. Actually the only refurbed rooms I have loved lately were POR Alligator Bayau and I know I am in the minority of even liking those rooms at all. To each thier own and that is why they do give us many choices. I may still try to get my dates booked here and request an old room but I have to admit I would be way upset if I got the new room. I will probably go with CBR this trip.

I forgot all about the refurb at POR Alligator Bayou! We must have the same taste bc I thought the new rooms there were a vast improvement over the previous design. AND now that you brought it back to my mind, I feel those designers did a great job updating while keeping the resort theme present in the rooms!

Ranchos first, then Cabanas, Casitas last

I think the new rooms look very fancy. Generally I like the changes (especially the bathroom), but I preferred the aqua-colored bed runners and dark wood sliding doors.
Thanks. Yes I like the new look as well. A couple of things that stood out to me were the Keurig coffee maker, double sinks and the shower has, what appears to be, a hand-held sprayer in addition to the regular fixed shower head.

Any word if business class will be disappearing? Was hoping to stay there again in June.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter