Disney's CORONADO SPRINGS RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
It appears CSR is sold out for our week in Oct. We have visited many times and never stayed in a sold out resort. This makes me very nervous for bus transportation, food court, room assignment. Any one had any experience staying when resort was sold out? Thinking of switching to December.

We've been there for Christmas multiple times which is always full. The resort absorbs people very well. My advice would be to use the food court at off meal times. If you eat dinner at 6pm it will most likely be packed, but if you go at 7;30pm it should be fine, etc.

Refillable mug? Can you get/buy a refillable mug at the Siesta Pool bar or can you only pick them up at Pepper Market? Thanks

Tervis tumblers...Anyone who has been there lately, do they still have the tervis tumblers in the store that have the Coronado Springs logo on them? I have been watching YouTube videos of the resort and saw them on there, but the videos were from last year. I think I saw a video from this year and they weren't right up front like last year. Hoping maybe they have just been moved to another spot.

I see that the Coronado just got those bikes to ride around the resort. Does anyone know if they will be available in November or are they just there for the summer?

We were just there this week (Monday to Wednesday) and the bikes were there, but you weren't allowed to rent them. They said they didn't know when you can rent them. Maybe in a couple weeks. So weird.

Overall we didn't care for this resort at all to be honest. My sister and I had connecting rooms in Cabanas ground floor. Our rooms were run down, smelly. Very shabby, furniture definitely needs repainting or replacing. Housekeeping was terrible, didn't leave shampoo, rooms weren't very clean, and no bath mat in my room after she took the dirty one. I felt bad for my sister and her family because she was staying a week, we just stayed 2 nights after our cruise.

They don't go to Disney often, and were given NO information at check in regarding park times, etc. They were pretty clueless. Also front desk failed to set up a pin for my Brother In Law, didn't even ask if he had one after putting his CC on file. Got to the park with minimal cash and while my Sister was able to do hers online while in the park after trying to buy something (embarrassing), my BIL wasn't able to. The whole experience was lackluster, and not the service I expect from a WDW resort. We go often, so I know what the norm is, and what we both received in terms of customer service didn't seem to be the standard.

We were just there this week (Monday to Wednesday) and the bikes were there, but you weren't allowed to rent them. They said they didn't know when you can rent them. Maybe in a couple weeks. So weird.

Overall we didn't care for this resort at all to be honest. My sister and I had connecting rooms in Cabanas ground floor. Our rooms were run down, smelly. Very shabby, furniture definitely needs repainting or replacing. Housekeeping was terrible, didn't leave shampoo, rooms weren't very clean, and no bath mat in my room after she took the dirty one. I felt bad for my sister and her family because she was staying a week, we just stayed 2 nights after our cruise.

They don't go to Disney often, and were given NO information at check in regarding park times, etc. They were pretty clueless. Also front desk failed to set up a pin for my Brother In Law, didn't even ask if he had one after putting his CC on file. Got to the park with minimal cash and while my Sister was able to do hers online while in the park after trying to buy something (embarrassing), my BIL wasn't able to. The whole experience was lackluster, and not the service I expect from a WDW resort. We go often, so I know what the norm is, and what we both received in terms of customer service didn't seem to be the standard.
I feel so bad you had a bad experience. Maybe there were new people working at the front desk? We have stayed there five times over the last few years and have always had excellent service. We stay in building 9A each time we come and the housekeeping has been great. We will be back there this November so I really hope that hasn't changed. You should definitely give them another try because they are not normally like that.

Tervis tumblers...Anyone who has been there lately, do they still have the tervis tumblers in the store that have the Coronado Springs logo on them? I have been watching YouTube videos of the resort and saw them on there, but the videos were from last year. I think I saw a video from this year and they weren't right up front like last year. Hoping maybe they have just been moved to another spot.
I saw them when we were there a few weeks ago. Have you checked the Disney Parks shopping app? They have some resort merchandise, but I am not sure about those :)

We saw them there a few weeks ago.

Do the Washers and Dryers at the Laundry take Credit cards or Quarters? How much do they cost? thanks

We bring our own laundry detergent, I don't know if that machine took quarters or not.
plus, I have to use the Free and Clear detergent and I'm not sure if that is a choice, all of the resorts I've stayed at have very harsh detergents like Tide. My DH has skin allergies to Tide or other detergents with perfumes.

Have the offerings in the business class lounge changed recently? If we go in to grab (continental) breakfast right at 7am will everything be available and is it easy to get in and out quickly to catch the bus for 8am EMH? Do the rooms still have a DVD player? I'm excited to be staying BC for the first time in October with a discounted rate!

Did they also get rid of the Gain and Wisk brand?

No wisk. No gain. It was something I never heard of. I didn't use it. I bought a small bottle of Tide from the dollar store with me. It had enough for 5 loads. I wasn't doing more than 5 loads of laundry on vacation. LOL

No wisk. No gain. It was something I never heard of. I didn't use it. I bought a small bottle of Tide from the dollar store with me. It had enough for 5 loads. I wasn't doing more than 5 loads of laundry on vacation. LOL
Thanks. I guess I will be packing detergent too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter