Disney's CORONADO SPRINGS RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, this thread has been so great! I'm considering staying at CSR for our stay in early September. DH and I will be taking our then 7, 5, and 2 year olds which has me stressing about the buses. I hate the thought of getting on the first stop (in the casitas area of I'm following along correctly) just to have them sit longer on the bus (my 2 yo is not so patient...) so I'd like to get on at the last stop but I'm reading the buses can fill, obviously. I'm just wondering how much of an issue full busses would be during such a slow time of year? Would it be better to risk it for the shorter bus ride with a toddler?

We were there during the week between Christmas and New Year's and never stood once at El Centro stop. We did have to wait a few minutes (5-10) for a second bus one time, but that was the exception. Much different than our experience at POR.

Last edited:
I disagree. They do care if the volume of complaints is high enough. Complaining does not take much effort and it's never a waste of time

There has been a crack down on the behavior of the tour groups. Do some still misbehave, yes. But they have asked for their leaders to work to control them and there has been improvement.
They care about money. Conventions and huge groups bring in a lot more money than a few dozen families. Yes, they will ask group leaders to control their people but they don't demand it. I've never seen any large groups get thrown out of a park or a resort hotel. Bottom line; it's all about the Benjamins.

They care about money. Conventions and huge groups bring in a lot more money than a few dozen families. Yes, they will ask group leaders to control their people but they don't demand it. I've never seen any large groups get thrown out of a park or a resort hotel. Bottom line; it's all about the Benjamins.
Thankfully I view it very differently than you do. I couldn't continue to go if I felt like you do. I do feel they care about all guests and I do see changes being implemented. I'm sorry you do not. I can't imagine you find your trips very enjoyable knowing that Disney doesn't care about your money.

Thankfully I view it very differently than you do. I couldn't continue to go if I felt like you do. I do feel they care about all guests and I do see changes being implemented. I'm sorry you do not. I can't imagine you find your trips very enjoyable knowing that Disney doesn't care about your money.
You know nothing of how I feel or how much I enjoy my trips. Lets not get personal. I'm just saying that no one at Disney really cares about a few complaints. Disney is a corporate giant. Their mission is to make as much money for the shareholders as possible. I understand the whole magic and pixie dust thing but I also live in the real world.

Regarding your last sentence, why would it matter to me if Disney cares about my money or not. But of course they care about my money. They just care more about a conventions money. This dead horse has been beaten enough. I'm done.

We were there during the week between Christmas and New Year's and never stood once at El Centro stop. We did have to wait a few minutes (5-10) for a second bus one time, but that was the exception. Much different than our experience at POR.

Disney adds buses when they expect crowds. I think it gets bad when they anticipate less but end up with more people to transport. IMO, they plan for a packed bus, more economical, yet keep to twenty minute intervals. It is likely something a computer decides.

Are you sure about that? I brought my chargers but I can swear that there were two USB outlets and electrical outlets built into the table by the window in our Business Class room.
Electrical outlets yes but no usb outlets

We were at Coronado this Friday night to Tuesday. It was horrible. The resort itself was beautiful and we loved our room. But the Paul Mitchell Caper Convention was filled with the most rude, self centered young people (and we've been stuck at pop with the cheerleaders once!). I actually emailed the Paul Mitchell company to let them know what an embarrassment their representatives were. We were on magical express back to MCO with them, and they had an actual screaming contest.

We too thought they were rude. Most of them would walk right into us and not so much as a smile in passing. It was impossible to get on a bus to Disney springs so we skipped it. We also had them on the bus back to MCO. They had the buses lined up and ready to go and I could tell that the staff was trying to keep them together.

We have stayed many times at CSR and we go in knowing that there could be a convention going on. Usually, we can hardly tell they are there. This was not one of those times because I think you could easily tell that they were one large group by the way they dressed-all black. I don't think it is fair to have pools or other amenities closed off for just those groups.

I do think Disney listens to complaints and I know that they respond. In Sept we went to the first MNSSHP and it was horrible. Many people with no wristbands around us. I sent a nicely worded email letting them know that I felt that the staff seemed overwhelmed and that it didn't seem fair to those of us who had paid. I was contacted and even though I had not asked for a refund, was given our ticket price back.

We too thought they were rude. Most of them would walk right into us and not so much as a smile in passing. It was impossible to get on a bus to Disney springs so we skipped it. We also had them on the bus back to MCO. They had the buses lined up and ready to go and I could tell that the staff was trying to keep them together.

We have stayed many times at CSR and we go in knowing that there could be a convention going on. Usually, we can hardly tell they are there. This was not one of those times because I think you could easily tell that they were one large group by the way they dressed-all black. I don't think it is fair to have pools or other amenities closed off for just those groups.

I do think Disney listens to complaints and I know that they respond. In Sept we went to the first MNSSHP and it was horrible. Many people with no wristbands around us. I sent a nicely worded email letting them know that I felt that the staff seemed overwhelmed and that it didn't seem fair to those of us who had paid. I was contacted and even though I had not asked for a refund, was given our ticket price back.
Will you be contacting Disney about the Paul Mitchell Convention? I emailed the Paul Mitchell company with no response. If I don't hear back by monday, I'll probably contact disney.

If you go to TripAdvisor, one of the Paul Mitchell girls says Coronado ruined her whole life.

Casitas 4 is where we are hoping to stay this December...lets us know what you think of the area :)

We went in Dec. 2014. I wanted to stay in Casitas, but was outvoted by the rest of my family who wanted Ranchos, so I requested Ranchos when I did online check-in. We also had a request for connecting rooms. Due to work/ school schedules, DH and oldest DS were able to fly down earlier in the day than the rest of us.
I got a text from DH saying that we got connecting rooms. I asked if they were in Ranchos and he replied with 'yes, building 4.' lol

Sure enough, we were in Casitas 4 and we all LOVED the area. It was so pretty and the location was great, especially for a standard room. Very close to a bus stop and the quiet pool and not too far from the main building or the main pool. :goodvibes

We are going April 3rd-9th and this will be first time staying at CSR. We have stayed at POR Riverside and loved it 2 times but wanted to try something different. My question is are the desks in the rooms movable because I will have a ECV scooter that will need to be parked and plugged in each night. We have a Water view 2 queen bed room reserved. I'm trying to figure out best locations to do a room request. Also do all the buildings have elevators or should I request ground floor?

Could anyone tell me if the 2 queens size room in bc have any rooms that have doulble windows in it?
Thanks in advance!

The buses were fine but otherwise not the greatest experience. The air was broken and it took them several hours to fix it and they were rude when we called about it. The room had dirty/dusty floors and I found clothing items from the previous guests (not even an apology when I called to ask them to be removed!). Every night we had 3 wash clothes for a party of 4...so I just grabbed a bunch one day from the house person so I didn't have to keep calling. They didn't remove and replace our dirty drinking glasses. The beds were made but the extra blanket was just thrown crumpled up on one of the beds. This was our 6th trip to disney and by far the worst room experience!

We are going April 3rd-9th and this will be first time staying at CSR. We have stayed at POR Riverside and loved it 2 times but wanted to try something different. My question is are the desks in the rooms movable because I will have a ECV scooter that will need to be parked and plugged in each night. We have a Water view 2 queen bed room reserved. I'm trying to figure out best locations to do a room request. Also do all the buildings have elevators or should I request ground floor?
Yes it is moveable. There should be space on the other side of the dresser near the bathroom.

So how far out is recommended for booking? According to the Disney website, CsR is sold out for the first week of May!?

We went in Dec. 2014. I wanted to stay in Casitas, but was outvoted by the rest of my family who wanted Ranchos, so I requested Ranchos when I did online check-in. We also had a request for connecting rooms. Due to work/ school schedules, DH and oldest DS were able to fly down earlier in the day than the rest of us.
I got a text from DH saying that we got connecting rooms. I asked if they were in Ranchos and he replied with 'yes, building 4.' lol

Sure enough, we were in Casitas 4 and we all LOVED the area. It was so pretty and the location was great, especially for a standard room. Very close to a bus stop and the quiet pool and not too far from the main building or the main pool. :goodvibes

Thank you! About how long of a walk was it to El Centro? Just wondering about using the refillable mugs.

So how far out is recommended for booking? According to the Disney website, CsR is sold out for the first week of May!?

It could just be one night is completely booked during your stay. Unless you are trying to book with the spring discount; there may not be any discounted rooms left for your dates. We usually book at least 7-8 months in advance, but this year we booked about 150 days out because that is when we decided to go.

We were at Coronado this Friday night to Tuesday. It was horrible. The resort itself was beautiful and we loved our room. But the Paul Mitchell Caper Convention was filled with the most rude, self centered young people (and we've been stuck at pop with the cheerleaders once!). I actually emailed the Paul Mitchell company to let them know what an embarrassment their representatives were. We were on magical express back to MCO with them, and they had an actual screaming contest.
While we were there last month, there was a Redken convention. Very professional people, well-dressed, behaving like businesspeople.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter