Disney's CORONADO SPRINGS RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can someone help me 1st time staying here and we'll I left at 745 am today now it's 5 pm I just got back and we'll no housekeeping at all, is this how it us everyday?

Can someone help me 1st time staying here and we'll I left at 745 am today now it's 5 pm I just got back and we'll no housekeeping at all, is this how it us everyday?

Nope, push the housekeeping button on the phone and see if they know they missed you.

Did you leave the "do not disturb" sign on the door by accident?

I don't know what website I was on..... I googled moderate resort comparisons..... Maybe easywdw? It said CSR was being rehabbed soon.... Anyone know? Concept art? Thank you!

I don't know what website I was on..... I googled moderate resort comparisons..... Maybe easywdw? It said CSR was being rehabbed soon.... Anyone know? Concept art? Thank you!
Not announced on dates. It's only rumored because it's around due; resorts get refurbed on a somewhat predictable schedule.

Yeah. If it does, it ought to be fascinating, given that there are already weeks in September and October you can't get a Standard or Preferred room. The shifts required to start shutting down rooms, unless the reason you can't get them is pre-blocked areas for refurb, ought to be fascinating.

Oooh boy I hope it looks nice! So many resorts are taking the "Mickey" out of the decor...... Hope Coronado doesn't follow suit.... Love knowing it's a disney! I hope they also add some kind of artwork. That seemed to be missing from the last go, lol.

Yeah. If it does, it ought to be fascinating, given that there are already weeks in September and October you can't get a Standard or Preferred room. The shifts required to start shutting down rooms, unless the reason you can't get them is pre-blocked areas for refurb, ought to be fascinating.

I have a feeling that's why it's harder to get rooms. Not long after booking became available it was hard to get some dates.

I have a feeling that's why it's harder to get rooms. Not long after booking became available it was hard to get some dates.
There are a bunch of conferences too, though, and room blocks are taken out of inventory for those as well.

The Paul Mitchell Caper convention ended I believe on Tuesday-they had about 1500 attendees so that may have had something to do with the delay. We checked in on Sunday and out yesterday, love Coronado, but this was the first time a convention bothered us as much as this one did.

The Paul Mitchell Caper convention ended I believe on Tuesday-they had about 1500 attendees so that may have had something to do with the delay. We checked in on Sunday and out yesterday, love Coronado, but this was the first time a convention bothered us as much as this one did.
We were at Coronado this Friday night to Tuesday. It was horrible. The resort itself was beautiful and we loved our room. But the Paul Mitchell Caper Convention was filled with the most rude, self centered young people (and we've been stuck at pop with the cheerleaders once!). I actually emailed the Paul Mitchell company to let them know what an embarrassment their representatives were. We were on magical express back to MCO with them, and they had an actual screaming contest.

We were at Coronado this Friday night to Tuesday. It was horrible. The resort itself was beautiful and we loved our room. But the Paul Mitchell Caper Convention was filled with the most rude, self centered young people (and we've been stuck at pop with the cheerleaders once!). I actually emailed the Paul Mitchell company to let them know what an embarrassment their representatives were. We were on magical express back to MCO with them, and they had an actual screaming contest.

Ugh. I'm glad we missed that group! We just got home on Friday. I would have lost my cool and said something to them. I have no patience for stuff like that.

I would email Disney as well to let them know about the issues you had with convention center attendees.

I would email Disney as well to let them know about the issues you had with convention center attendees.
Disney doesn't care. Conventions bring in tons of revenue. That's all they care about. People have been complaining about Pop Warner, cheerleaders, South Americans, conventioneers etc. for years and Disney has never done anything about it.

When I was planning on staying at Coronado two years ago, this board had posts about the pool being closed for the convention, and the beach/walkways roped off for a private party....that concerned me and I do not even see the resort between 6AM and midnight as are park open to close folks that go during crowded summer months. How can Disney take from one patron the amenities that they paid for to make even more money from private convention events?

They do it all the time. They even close parks for private events. The holiday parties are another form of cutting hours for private events.

Last edited:
Disney doesn't care. Conventions bring in tons of revenue. That's all they care about. People have been complaining about Pop Warner, cheerleaders, South Americans, conventioneers etc. for years and Disney has never done anything about it.
I disagree. They do care if the volume of complaints is high enough. Complaining does not take much effort and it's never a waste of time

There has been a crack down on the behavior of the tour groups. Do some still misbehave, yes. But they have asked for their leaders to work to control them and there has been improvement.

That's why I didn't bother emailing disney. It really wasn't disney's fault about other people's behavior. I really doubt Disney would turn away the business of 1500 people because a few families complained about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter