Disney's CONTEMPORARY RESORT Information & Questions

Looking for an update on Top Of The World at BLT. We are renting points from a DVC member form out May stay. Are they letting folks up to TOTW without a membership card at the moment? Seems to go back and forth on whether they ask or not. Thanks!!!

You'll need a blue member card to get up to the TOTWL. It's a member perk and member perks are not transferable to renters.

May 2 to may 19 first trip to bLt 1 bedroom mk view
just the Dgf and I it's her first trip to wdw
She will LOVE the one bedroom - you'll each have your bathroom! The master bath is gorgeous - it's all gorgeous! I'll log your really long dates:thumbsup2

I was booked at OKW, then POR and now I'm at Contemporary!! Monorail Magic!!! :wizard:
You can stop making changes now. Congratulations!

Finally found my panoramic photo of the Club Level Bay Lake view. Posted the direct link because the photo is massive!

http://i1376.photobucket.com/albums...0809230553228959_o_zpsgwasjjnj-1.jpg~original
Ahhhhh:lovestruc

DD(6) and I are taking our first mother/daughter ONLY trip October 3-9, booked at BLT studio LV w/rented points. I'm hoping the next 9 months fly by quickly.:thumbsup2
You will have a great time! I'll add your dates.

I just booked a mother/son trip for September ( my DS will be 14 when we go). I'm looking forward to spending time with him before I'm not 'cool' enough to hang out with ;)

Of course, I had to promise my DD (10) a mother/daughter trip in the near future too!! They will be two totally different styles of trips and I can't wait!
Going to Disney's always cool! Don't you wish you'd had more kids?;)

My wife and I are down to 3 weeks and counting before we hit the ground in Orlando and head to the Contemporary.

Seriously getting antsy.
It's so exciting driving down World Drive and seeing CR and the monorail and MK in the distance:goodvibes

Walt Disney World Monorail Route Modifications in February and March

The Walt Disney World Resort Monorail System will undergo refurbishment that will impact the Resort and Express monorail beams on select days in February and March.

The modified routes will be in effect on Feb. 3-5, Feb. 9-12, Feb. 23-26 and March 2-5, 2015 from 11 a.m. to 7 p.m. During these times, Monorails on the Resort beam will travel between Disney's Polynesian Village Resort, Disney's Grand Floridian Resort & Spa and Magic Kingdom® Park. Monorails on the Express beam will now make an additional stop at Disney's Contemporary Resort as they travel between Magic Kingdom Park and the Transportation and Ticket Center.

Resort Guests traveling to Epcot® can either board a Monorail to the Transportation and Ticket Center and transfer to the Epcot line, or they can take a Walt Disney World Resort bus directly from their resorts to Epcot.

Monorail service will continue to be available from all stations while this work takes place. Monorail operating hours will remain unchanged. Guests may note a difference in the way they board the Monorail and should allow for additional travel time to reach their destinations. Guests staying at impacted Resorts will receive in-room communication upon their arrival.
stan4d_steph ~ MousePlanet.com

Last edited:
Trying to visualize what they're planning on doing, here.

Will the resort monorail do TTC-Poly-GF-MK, then reverse direction? (And stop at every stop, going the other way?).

Or will it leave MK, then go through Contemporary, and just not stop?

(Fortunately, our Contemporary trip isn't till 3/15. So hopefully done by then.

We're finally here!!!!!! It's so nice, my husband said its the best room we've stayed in in Disney so far!!!! So excited!

Will the resort monorail do TTC-Poly-GF-MK, then reverse direction? (And stop at every stop, going the other way?).

I am trying to the visual too!

Oh thanks Kook!!
We're finally here!!!!!! It's so nice, my husband said its the best room we've stayed in in Disney so far!!!! So excited!

BLT is my fav WDW resort. Hope you have a great time!!

Ya, we love BLT too:goodvibes

I posted this week that the DISboards would be converting its forum hosting software from vBulletin to XenForo. The date for the migration has been changed to 2/1. Expect the DISboards to be down for part/most of Sunday. When it's back online, there will be some tweaking that will need to be done. Everything will be formatted a bit differently and there will be some editing that I'll need to do to the information at the beginning of the thread. Signature blocks should remain the same as well as user-selected avatars. DISboard-provided avatars will have to be re-posted by the user and post counts will be calculated based on actual number of posts. Smilies will also be disabled until they are all manually re-entered into the new software.

Looks like the Resort monorail won't be stopping at CR, but the Express monorail will now stop at CR after MK before arriving at TTC. I guess they'll be working on the CR portion of the Resort beam so that would mean the Resort monorail couldn't make the loop around.

When DH is a happy Disney camper, everyone is;). Better book that BB!

Oh thanks Kook!!
Are you re-arranging all your kitchen stuff at 3 AM?;)

I've been trying to book a MK view tower room for the week before Thanksgiving. None are available. What are the chances of one opening up?

Just as I finished reading page 131 of the Contemporary Thread last night, the DIS shut down for maintenance, etc. Wow! Was that good timing!!??!!

We were tentatively planning a trip to WDW in Nov/Dec tho we hadnt had anything set in stone. Long story short, my husband came home several days ago and said there was a convention he and his partner needed to attend & that it would be in Disney. As someone who LOVES Disney and has been before, I have never had much desire to stay at the Contemporary, but after reading this thread.........I have to say I cant wait. But I have a couple questions.

1. I read where convention guests rooms arent reserved & that they can be put anywhere. Our reservation says Tower, Bay Lake View. Do I need to call to verify this?

2. If I have a Bay Lake View, I realize it is on the east side of the building. Has anyone had any problem with it being bright in the room at sunrise or do the curtains do a good job of making it dark in the room?

3. How bad is the noise from Chef Mickey's? Would it be bad if I asked for a room on the North End of the Bldg when my husband has to go to the COnvention Center?

4. I keep reading about "the C"........."inside/outside"............I'm a bit confused as what they are talking about here.

Thanks for all your help. I can't wait to go! It's almost time to reserve our Fastpasses :)

Just as I finished reading page 131 of the Contemporary Thread last night, the DIS shut down for maintenance, etc. Wow! Was that good timing!!??!!

We were tentatively planning a trip to WDW in Nov/Dec tho we hadnt had anything set in stone. Long story short, my husband came home several days ago and said there was a convention he and his partner needed to attend & that it would be in Disney. As someone who LOVES Disney and has been before, I have never had much desire to stay at the Contemporary, but after reading this thread.........I have to say I cant wait. But I have a couple questions.

1. I read where convention guests rooms arent reserved & that they can be put anywhere. Our reservation says Tower, Bay Lake View. Do I need to call to verify this?

2. If I have a Bay Lake View, I realize it is on the east side of the building. Has anyone had any problem with it being bright in the room at sunrise or do the curtains do a good job of making it dark in the room?

3. How bad is the noise from Chef Mickey's? Would it be bad if I asked for a room on the North End of the Bldg when my husband has to go to the COnvention Center?

4. I keep reading about "the C"........."inside/outside"............I'm a bit confused as what they are talking about here.

Thanks for all your help. I can't wait to go! It's almost time to reserve our Fastpasses :)

1). If that's the type of room you've booked, then that's the type of room you'll get. (Well, barring some kind of major problem. No doubt there have been cases where they simply don't gave that kind of room, that day. But I'm sure it's very rare.).

2). I've always stayed on the kingdom view side, but I stay with a person who has to sleep all day, and the sun hits our side in the afternoon/evening.

Yes, the Florida sun is some serious sun. The curtains are very dark, and do an excellent job. They aren't perfect. If you're awake, then you can tell that there's sunshine outside there. But my mom has never had trouble sleeping through it. (And she has the bed nearest the balcony).

3). Similarly, yes, if I'm awake and I listen, I can hear the party music from chef Mickey's. But it's never been even annoying to me. The rooms are laid out so that your bathroom and closets are between the bedroom and the hallway, and they do a good job of blocking sound.

4). References to "the C", and the inside or outside, are references to Bay Lake Tower, the DVC time share building, next door to Contemporary, which is shaped like a "C", seen from above.

Ok, my BFF's boyfriend is now going on the trip with us. My BFF has the WBC condo so we are staying the big portion of our trip with her, but since we were going to stay at CR a little early we had invited her too. Now with her boyfriend going we will be over the limit for a regular tower room, plus we are already a family of 5 (one infant) :crowded:.
Also if we leave home Thursday after ODS get out of school we will get to MCO around 11pm, so now I'm thinking early morning flight on Friday, September 18th and maybe changing to a bigger room/suite to make us legal. Looks like we can stay club level in the tower or BLT for one night around the same cost as the regular room for 2 nights. My question is if we get to WDW at noon and take the Magical Express, do we let them know we are there early then go enjoy the parks/resort until our room is ready? This might even work better than arriving so late.. Thought, advice greatly appreciated :-)

Observing that from what I've read here, I think that a child under age 3 doesn't count as a person, for occupancy purposes. (But only one such child. If you have two, one of them counts).

So, if I'm reading your post correctly, you might still technically qualify for a 5 person room. (But I can certainly understand if you want something bigger).

But, as to your arrival plans, . . .

As I understand it, magical express won't take you to the park. They'll take you to your resort.

Me, I've had very good luck checking in to Contemporary at Noon or 1:00. I'd say that odds are very good that your room will be ready. (And I would assume that the club level rooms have priority, so your odds are probably better than my experiences.).

And, even if your room isn't ready, you can still hit the club for a drink or something, before you hop the monorail to the park.

Ok, my BFF's boyfriend is now going on the trip with us. My BFF has the WBC condo so we are staying the big portion of our trip with her, but since we were going to stay at CR a little early we had invited her too. Now with her boyfriend going we will be over the limit for a regular tower room, plus we are already a family of 5 (one infant) :crowded:.
Also if we leave home Thursday after ODS get out of school we will get to MCO around 11pm, so now I'm thinking early morning flight on Friday, September 18th and maybe changing to a bigger room/suite to make us legal. Looks like we can stay club level in the tower or BLT for one night around the same cost as the regular room for 2 nights. My question is if we get to WDW at noon and take the Magical Express, do we let them know we are there early then go enjoy the parks/resort until our room is ready? This might even work better than arriving so late.. Thought, advice greatly appreciated :-)

Let me make sure I understand. Your family has 4 people and 1 infant. You invited your BFF to stay with you at the Contemporary, which would have brought your total to be 5 people and 1 infant, which is within the maximum occupancy. Now that your BFF is bringing her boyfriend, you no longer fit in the CR tower room.

The CL standard rooms in the tower have the same occupancy as the rest of the rooms. You'd need to move up to a one bedroom suite at the minimum if you want to stay at the CR tower. You have more options at BLT for 6 people plus an infant.

If you get to WDW early, you can still check in and drop off your luggage even if your room is not ready. You can enjoy the pools and other resort amenities, or you can go to the parks. The Magical Express is going to drop you off at the hotel anyway.

Let me make sure I understand. Your family has 4 people and 1 infant. You invited your BFF to stay with you at the Contemporary, which would have brought your total to be 5 people and 1 infant, which is within the maximum occupancy. Now that your BFF is bringing her boyfriend, you no longer fit in the CR tower room.

The CL standard rooms in the tower have the same occupancy as the rest of the rooms. You'd need to move up to a one bedroom suite at the minimum if you want to stay at the CR tower. You have more options at BLT for 6 people plus an infant.

If you get to WDW early, you can still check in and drop off your luggage even if your room is not ready. You can enjoy the pools and other resort amenities, or you can go to the parks. The Magical Express is going to drop you off at the hotel anyway.

Yes thank you. I had initial thought Friday would be better when I saw the predicted flight schedules, but I wanted to be able to enjoy as much of Friday as possible at WDW so I went ahead and booked Thursday and Friday nights so we could have the whole day Friday. After reading other posts about getting in early and then the boyfriend now coming I think a suite or villa for one night will be better.

I've been trying to book a MK view tower room for the week before Thanksgiving. None are available. What are the chances of one opening up?
Rooms become available everyday - don't give-up! Sometimes Disney also fools around with inventory a bit, and conventions can impact availability. Keep looking at the Disney booking site often. I'm sure something will open up.

1. Maybe yours wasn't a "traditional" convention booking? I don't know if they've changed the way they assign convention rooms or if you have a non-standard convention booking. But, like Trekkie posted, if it says that on your confirmation, then that should be where you're staying.

2. Curtains work really well. Just bring a bag clip to clip the middle.

3. The elevators are in the middle of each floor so no need to request that if you're doing it to be closer to an elevator. None of the rooms are far from the mid-resort elevators.

3. "Inside" refers to INNER rooms that face other rooms, the pool area and Bay Lake. "Outside" refers to OUTER rooms that face out toward Bay Lake/MK and not to any other BLT rooms. We prefer the OUTER Bay Lake View rooms at BLT.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter