Disney's CONTEMPORARY RESORT and BAY LAKE TOWER INFORMATION THREAD ~2015~

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by WDWKOOK, Mar 12, 2014.

1. coastermom

coastermom <font color=red>Proud Redhead<br><font color=peach

Just Booked !! Long weekend in Sept our first visit to the Contemporary !! Tell me I will love it !! We are in a garden view but for all I care it could be a parking lot view I am just happy to be there !! LOL :rotfl::cool1:

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. EveClark

EveClark Mouseketeer

Do you mind if I ask what the Disney Visa code is? I have the Disney Visa but I haven't received any emails and no summer promo is showing on our account page...
    I'm anxiously waiting for a late summer/early fall promo so I'm very interested! :)
    Thanks

4. brandigregory

brandigregory Mouseketeer

It only goes to 8/28. Do you still want it?

5. brandigregory

S4994
    tel:14079397217

That is the number and code

6. brandigregory

S499R...sorry for the typo!

7. EveClark

EveClark Mouseketeer

Thank you so much!!!! We had planned on Sept but I may switch it if we decide its a good savings for us overall.
    I'm going to have to call Visa Rewards in the morning and see what's going on. I'm not happy that we didn't know about this.
    Thank you again!!!

8. SRUAlmn

SRUAlmn DIS Veteran

I always check Mousesavers.com. They always have discounts on their homepage as soon as they're released :)

9. brandigregory

I got the email at 2:02pm ET today if that helps!

10. Gryhndmom

Gryhndmom Coast to Coast 2013....PHM and DL Half

Super job on the new thread Kook !,:thumbsup2

Hubs and I are set to arrive 19 Oct-25 Oct in our 1BR villa at BLT...log-o-rail here we come !!:cool1:

Not sure I am excited about the new magic bands...anyone finding they limit you more or less to one park per day since you can only FP reserve for one park per day ? ( or did I read that wrong ?)

Also hoping WDW offers a military park hopper deal for Oct...fingers crossed !

11. WDWKOOK

WDWKOOK NOW WITH LESS TAG!

I'll log your dates and thank you for the kinds words about the revised thread.

popcorn::

You found our new Bay Lake home:goodvibes. Please apprise me of where the Pas-tastics are staying AND YOU CAN'T USE YOUR NOTES:coffee:

Thanks, cadale.

Oooo are we talking a two bedroom at rack rate:scared:? Could you book the one bedroom for you and mom or is this for more people? I'd hold on to the reservation until you're sure about the discounts.

You will LOVE IT!!! Might I suggest requesting a GV room that fronts Bay Lake? They are just steps from the water and beach:cloud9:

Thank you so much and you are officially logged. The trend for years has been to offer the Military Salute tickets and room-only discount so it will probably be offered again - I hope! Every year I worry the discount will decrease and I have really gotten used to booking at 40% off:worship:

We used FP+ over Christmas and it worked really well and we still park-hopped. But, at that time, you could still pull FPs which you can't do now. We're good with one park's attractions per day and maybe just eating at another or doing rides at night when it's less crowded. Many have complained though about FP+ and only one park, maybe they will eventually change that restriction:confused3

12. SRUAlmn

SRUAlmn DIS Veteran

Yes! Rack rate!! It's my mom, sister, myself and my husband. The issue is we're all adults so we need 3 beds. Someone is already possibly 'stuck' on the sleeper with a two bedroom as it is ! We had a HUGE suite at the Dolphin last time we all went and it was phenomenal, but it just didn't feel as Disney to me and my mom has been dreaming of watching the fireworks from her room for years! We lost my dad when my sisters and I were young and she's done so much for us, so I want her to get her that dream!

13. EveClark

EveClark Mouseketeer

Thank you! I'll have to keep a close eye on that page to make sure I don't miss anything...

14. EveClark

EveClark Mouseketeer

It did help! I had to make a lot of phone calls today to figure out why I'm not getting emails or seeing the promos... Its still not resolved but it helped having the info you gave.
    Thanks!

15. 5Hfan

5Hfan Mouseketeer

can someone please help me out on where the heck we are looking at staying ?(my H made the reservation)

the reservation says Disney's Contemporary Resort, Tower, Theme Park view.

when he made the reservations was told it was the main Contemporary Bldg, but I am confused by the "Tower" on the reservation?

TIA

16. brockash

brockash DIS Veteran

Yes, the main building is called the tower. So you'll be in the main building (tower) with a theme park view.

17. Mousemommy1

Mousemommy1 DIS Veteran

Shiny new thread!!! So pretty!!!! :thumbsup2

18. 5Hfan

5Hfan Mouseketeer

Thank you! So excited!! :wizard:

19. rxtiger

rxtiger Earning My Ears

Great looking thread! We have booked June 6-16, 2015. It will our son's graduation trip so we splurged for a CR 1 bedroom suite, MK view. A long way off, but already excited!!!

20. mickeynut1

mickeynut1 DIS Veteran

Looks great, KOOK :goodvibes. Thanks for keeping this thread going....you do such a great job of keeping it up to date :thumbsup2. Haven't booked the CR yet, but it's in the running for our next trip (whenever that may be :laughing:).

21. GoofyDisneyDaddy

GoofyDisneyDaddy Mouseketeer

Do they still play the music to Wishes on the TV? If so what channel? Would love it if anyone has recent info, because the last I saw was channel 20, but that is now ESPN.