Disney's CONTEMPORARY RESORT and BAY LAKE TOWER INFORMATION THREAD ~2015~

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by WDWKOOK, Mar 12, 2014.

1. Loveslsu

Loveslsu Mouseketeer

Looks Great. Can't wait to be there in a few weeks!

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. dansdad

dansdad DIS Veteran

Excellent job as always Kook! Looks fantastic! :thumbsup2

4. Liberator

Liberator Mouseketeer

A new CR thread :thumbsup2:thumbsup2
    250 pages were not enough again

Kook, we all love you for your resort-threads :goodvibes

5. ready2cmickeymouse

ready2cmickeymouse Mouseketeer

The new thread looks great. Just wanted to say thanks for everything you do and all the hard work you put in.

6. WDWKOOK

WDWKOOK NOW WITH LESS TAG!

And the FTP ribbon goes to…Paul! Please share it with cutie pie Allie. Thanks so much for the kind words. I'm glad you find the information well organized and I really appreciate your using the plural:)

[​IMG]

:wave2:
    The edgy revamp really highlights all the great features of these fabulous resorts, doesn't it? Let us know when you book - all appendages crossed for a great discount for you. There's no shame in second so I hope you like those Princesses...

[​IMG]

Thanks and here's yours…

[​IMG]

Thank you! Phew, so relieved you're here to help "direct traffic";)

Hallo und herzlich willkommen! I really enjoy creating helpful threads, so comments like yours mean a lot to me. (BTW, I had to ask my German-speaking DD to assist me with your avatar and I ended-up listening to some of their music:thumbsup2)

I'm so glad you like it and thank you for the compliment.

7. oneprincessjo

oneprincessjo Mouseketeer

Joining in on the new thread!! :)

8. 2Tiggies

2Tiggies <font color=blue>I am subscribing to this thread j

Found it :) So now you know I've seen it I can be severely dealt with if I post on the old one by mistake. No excuses lol. Thanks for setting this up for us :thumbsup2

9. SRUAlmn

SRUAlmn DIS Veteran

Wow, KOOK!!! Fantastic work!!!!! I've been struggling with excitement since we booked a year in advance and already passed our ADR mark. You have managed to re-excite me!! Thanks!!

10. skateshome

skateshome Mouseketeer

Participation post...
    Staying at CR 5/4 thru 5/10.
    Dreamed about it for 35years now and its right around the corner.
    :banana: :goodvibes:goodvibes:lmao::dance3::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug:pixiedust:party::dancer::jumping1:

Great job Kook!!!

11. POOHsie

POOHsie DIS Veteran

The new thread looks Great! We are staying at a BLT studio for the first time, in September. I had a very trivial question, here goes... Pictures of the laundry machines show a place to slide your room card. However, you don't get a room card now, right? How would that work today, besides cash?

12. carolann210

carolann210 Earning My Ears

Hopped over from the WL thread...subscribed and much appreciation to you KOOK!

13. mpbs

mpbs Mouseketeer

mpbs: 5/19 - 5/25 Atrium Club

14. orion2185

orion2185 Mouseketeer

Hi
    This is our first trip to WDW and we have picked to stay at BLT

this is for our honeymoon and going to be spending a decent amount of time at WDW...so we have opted just for a BLT studio standard view to save some money.

Have been going through the old thread for past week or more...and it's allot of information to process.

wondering if someone can help us with room "request" (we know they are just request)

it appears that there are a few studio stand. views that over look a parking lot, tennis court, and Magic Kingdom...seen some rooms with views of firework shows on the old thread.

What do we "request" to get one of these rooms with a view of MK over the parking lot and dumpsters?

would this be "north part of tower facing outwards"
    (as we understand the resort is shaped like a "C")
    "even number room" "on highest floor possible"

would the above request be accurate in trying to secure one of these stand view studios with some what of a MK view?

any help is greatly appreciated!
    THANKS everyone ...this is why we love THE DIS

15. lemondog

lemondog <font color=darkorchid>My twins fight over who too

Awesome thread! Please add us...we are staying in a BLT studio 9/10-9/14. Will just be DH, me and our 2yo. Taking her on a long weekend to visit Magic Kingdom!

16. WDWKOOK

WDWKOOK NOW WITH LESS TAG!

Welcome!

You're welcome:). Glad you found us.

Re-did the thread just for you;). What ADRs did you book?

Thanks, skateshome and I'll add you to the Log-orail. You've waited a long time to be in our log:yay:

I don't have a photo of it, but there's a 24-hour self-service laundry on the first floor of BLT. I assume it is free to BLT guests, as it is at other DVCs. You will need your KTTW card or MB to enter and the machines should be free.

Did you take a Sea Raycer or the Blue Flag? Welcome!

:thumbsup2

I don't know if you got a more thorough answer from the BLT room # experts on the BLT room number thread where you posted. That thread has all the room numbers and respective views/descriptions in Post 1. The view you are describing is like #7306 (and others like 7404). It is an "outer villa on the north side."

Thank you and I'd be happy to add you. Happy planning!

17. m2zjj

m2zjj Mouseketeer

So glad to find this thread. Lots of great info.

This will be my 4th time to WDW and first time onsite.:cool1::woohoo: We are staying at CR BLV Aug 23-30 for our 10th anniversary trip.

18. Julie521

Julie521 DIS Veteran

Has anyone done with personal water craft tour by Sammy Duvall that leaves from the contemporary marina? I am thinking about doing it with my husband and was wondering what people's experiences were with it.

19. pas130

pas130 Always missing Florida....

New digs!!!! :hug:

20. cadale

cadale Mouseketeer

Looks fantastic!

21. SRUAlmn

SRUAlmn DIS Veteran

Ha! :thumbsup2

We booked:
    California Grill for July 17
    Chef Mickey's breakfast for July 20
    Crystal Palace breakfast for July 23

On another note.....I am so, super worried. I know you should never book a resort with hopes of a discount in mind, but our BLT, MK view, 2 bedroom is a splurge for us. My mom has always dreamed of being able to see the fireworks from her room and this year I wanted that dream to come true. I just saw the Disney VISA code for summer and BLT is excluded.... I really hope this isn't a sign of what's to come for the AP and General Public discounts! :headache: