Disney's CONTEMPORARY RESORT Information & Questions

Looked at DVC website tonight and 15 minutes later we went from a one bedroom at Saratoga Springs to a two bedroom Theme Park View at BLT. One of my dream rooms to stay in will be fulfilled.

Congrats! I still remember my first time staying at the Contemporary with a theme park view. Your gonna love it!

Jumping back on this thread! We stayed at BLT for the first time this past March and loved it! We are now booked to return again next year for 5 nights, following 6 nights at BCV. I wanted to try a new resort, and am thrilled about being in the Epcot area for the first time, but I couldn't imagine not being at BLT/Contemporary at all, as I loved the entire feel of the resort and got completely spoiled with the walk to MK. Everyone on this thread was so helpful leading up to our first BLT stay. Happy to have an excuse to come back. :) Our BLT dates are 6/12/16-6/17/16.

Jumping back on this thread! We stayed at BLT for the first time this past March and loved it! We are now booked to return again next year for 5 nights, following 6 nights at BCV. I wanted to try a new resort, and am thrilled about being in the Epcot area for the first time, but I couldn't imagine not being at BLT/Contemporary at all, as I loved the entire feel of the resort and got completely spoiled with the walk to MK. Everyone on this thread was so helpful leading up to our first BLT stay. Happy to have an excuse to come back. :) Our BLT dates are 6/12/16-6/17/16.

You will love BCV! One of my favorite, after BLT :)

I can check in online in 13 days! I've found screen shots and there doesn't seem to be a way to request water view (I'm in the Garden Wing, Garden View). Would I have to call to try to get this?

I can check in online in 13 days! I've found screen shots and there doesn't seem to be a way to request water view (I'm in the Garden Wing, Garden View). Would I have to call to try to get this?

IMHO, it is always best to call the main reservations line and add your room requests to your reservation. As you have noticed, the options during online check in are predetermined and very limited. If you call in, you can add any request you want. This can be done any time from the day you book up until 5-6 days prior to your arrival.

You will love BCV! One of my favorite, after BLT :)

I'm really excited to try it! I had gotten a little scared about the delayed refurb stuff, but I've decided to not worry about it and just let the excitement wash over me regardless. :) My kids still rave about the pool slide at BLT - can't even imagine how they're going to react to Stormalong Bay.

Thanks for the thread! I just caught up and wow there is a wealth of information here!

We just switched 7 nights of our 9 night stay to a garden view room from Pop century....yes quite a jump! We have a toddler and figured this would be so much easier than the bus system nightmare we had with all star sports last year.

Dates are January 28-Feb 4th 2016 for Contemporary Garden View. I requested a king bed and first floor. I am really hoping for the king bed as we co-sleep with our toddler.

Looked at DVC website tonight and 15 minutes later we went from a one bedroom at Saratoga Springs to a two bedroom Theme Park View at BLT. One of my dream rooms to stay in will be fulfilled.

Congrats on getting BLT! :yay:

Sounds like a great split! Happy planning :wizard:.

Thanks for the thread! I just caught up and wow there is a wealth of information here!

We just switched 7 nights of our 9 night stay to a garden view room from Pop century....yes quite a jump! We have a toddler and figured this would be so much easier than the bus system nightmare we had with all star sports last year.

Dates are January 28-Feb 4th 2016 for Contemporary Garden View. I requested a king bed and first floor. I am really hoping for the king bed as we co-sleep with our toddler.

I agree, this thread is full of great information and friendly posters who are always willing to help :).

Hope you have a great time at the CR!

We arrive in a couple of days and I feel like I need a passport since we're staying at Poly and not on Bay Lake:laughing:. I'll be posting some photos though when I visit CR/BLT:)

YAY! That's a great upgrade, size-wise and transportation-wise;)

There was another full bathroom that had a stand alone shower but I'm having an issue with internet connection right now

An issue with WiFi? At DISNEY WORLD???? No way:rolleyes:. Thanks for posting your sweet suite and I hope GF worked out well for you and your family;)

Wow that is just amazing :)

I have moved from WL to CR in South Wing and so looking forward to the resort just the walk to MK is going to be the best.

You will love that walkway and you can still get to FW and WL easily and take the monorail...when it's working:rolleyes1

Please add me to your log-o-rail.
April 14 - April 19 BLT
June 25 - June 30 BLT
Thank you
I certainly will! Congratulations on booking TWO trips??!!

That's a great split. We've done it with both BWI and YC and it's nice being able to walk to a total of 3 parks with that split. I'll log your dates:)

Thank you for your kind comment about the thread. You really did upgrade - congratulations. CR is a dream with a toddler since you can walk right to MK which is usually a toddler's favorite park and you can use the stroller on the monorail. I'll log your dates:)

We arrive in 7 days! We are flying in from Syracuse and taking the DME to Contemporary. We land at 9:40 a.m. and have no plans until dinner at 'Ohana at 5:30. I'm figuring it will take about 2 hours to get to the Contemporary--does that seem about right? We are only planning on hitting the pool on arrival day, but we will have been up since 3 so i'm hoping to somehow convince our daughter to maybe take a nap once we check in.

We arrive in 7 days! We are flying in from Syracuse and taking the DME to Contemporary. We land at 9:40 a.m. and have no plans until dinner at 'Ohana at 5:30. I'm figuring it will take about 2 hours to get to the Contemporary--does that seem about right? We are only planning on hitting the pool on arrival day, but we will have been up since 3 so i'm hoping to somehow convince our daughter to maybe take a nap once we check in.
I always budget two hours to get to my resort when using ME. And there have definitely been times where it's taken that long!

Ditto. We always factor in 90 mins to two hours, and that seems to be about right.

KOOK ~ Have a great trip! :yay: :yay:

Can't wait to hear about your Poly stay and see all of your great pics :goodvibes.

Have a great time!! :cool1::cool1:

Last edited:
Thank you and we have had a magical stay so far. Spoiler alert: we got the exact room I requested and it's just perfect. I posted some photos to the Poly thread yesterday and today:)

Glad you got exactly what you requested :goodvibes. Hope you continue to have a magical time! Heading over to the Poly thread to see your pics. Thanks for checking in.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter