Disney's CONTEMPORARY RESORT Information & Questions

Hello everyone,
We are a few days away from our stay at BLT!! We are flying and are trying to keep the weight in our luggage down. Could anyone tell me if Fantasia Market sells lactose free milk? I can't tell by looking at the pictures at the start of the thread.

TIA

Hello everyone,
We are a few days away from our stay at BLT!! We are flying and are trying to keep the weight in our luggage down. Could anyone tell me if Fantasia Market sells lactose free milk? I can't tell by looking at the pictures at the start of the thread.

TIA

We have not stayed at CR/BLT but every other WDW resort we have stayed has had Lactose Free Milk for sale. So I would say your odds are pretty good.

We have not stayed at CR/BLT but every other WDW resort we have stayed has had Lactose Free Milk for sale. So I would say your odds are pretty good.
Hello everyone,

TIA

Yes - Disney usually sells lactose free milk. However, to be sure, you should give the hotel a call directly.
We'll be at the Contemporary in 2 days! Maybe, we'll see you there!!!

Similar question, I'm pretty sure they do but want to verify, one of the gift shops carries cases of water right? Any idea of how much it costs? I need bottle water to make my sons bottles and rather just spend the cash when I get there as opposed to weighing down my luggage. Thanks!

Similar question, I'm pretty sure they do but want to verify, one of the gift shops carries cases of water right? Any idea of how much it costs? I need bottle water to make my sons bottles and rather just spend the cash when I get there as opposed to weighing down my luggage. Thanks!

I didn't see any at the POP gift shop when we were there in May. But I can't speak for the Cont gift shop as we haven't stayed there yet. We plan to order a case of water from garden grocer for our Nov trip.

They had water at Poly and POFQ gift shops and it was $6.39 a case. Other resorts also have been reported to carry water in the gift shop. If it's not there, ask.

We are 23 days away from our first stay at the Contemporary! Woohoo! Has anyone tried the waterskiing, tubing or parasailing? What about alligators? We want a fun - no park day. We never stay at our resort and thought we might do that, or head over the Fort Wilderness to explore, or both! :) Any suggestions/advice/reviews? TIA

Last August, my DH and youngest DD went parasailing at CR. They loved it and said they never even touched the water so no worries about alligators :).

Are any SV GW views better than another? I'd love to have my room ready when we arrive (before noon) if possible, but didn't want to make that my primary request if there's something else I should be considering? I know our view will be of a parking lot :)

I've been going through the pages, but I haven't read them all. Forgive me if this has been asked and answered before: is there any way in advance to request a king bed room over the two queens? Or are we at the mercy of the check-in gods? Thanks in advance.
I can't remember how we've done it in the past, but I think we just request this the same as we would any other room request.

Quick related story. We stayed at the CR on our honeymoon 10 years ago. We requested a MK view room (this was back when you didn't pay extra for the MK view, instead there was only one room category, and the room assigners gave you either a MK view or lake view) and a king bed. We were given the MK view, but the double beds. Because it was our honeymoon, we really wanted the king bed. So we called the front desk and explained the situation. They were able to give us a king bed, but in a lake view room instead. This was a blessing in disguise. First of all, we fell in love with the lake view and that's the view we request every trip now. (We even turned down an upgrade to a MK view room a few years ago.) Second of all, they were going through the transition from their old technicolor scheme to the more sleek color palate they have now. The MK view was the loud colors, the lake view was a recently renovated room. So it was a win-win-win for us!

Yes - Disney usually sells lactose free milk. However, to be sure, you should give the hotel a call directly.
We'll be at the Contemporary in 2 days! Maybe, we'll see you there!!!
Thanks so much for the info. Just look for the guy buying lactose free milk! :) Have a great trip!

Are any SV GW views better than another? I'd love to have my room ready when we arrive (before noon) if possible, but didn't want to make that my primary request if there's something else I should be considering? I know our view will be of a parking lot :)
Our hospitality suite had a sv. When you first entered the building we had the first 3doors on the right. We actually had the worst view. Ours was of the parking lot and of a vine covered wall. You could see the monorail in the distance which was nice.

If you imagine walking in the building and turning right down the hall I believe the rooms on the right are the Sv. The farther down the hall the less parking lot and more garden/monorail view.

Last edited:
So now that we are all booked at staying at CR, really want to do breakfast or dinner at Chef Mickeys but of course there is no availability the week we are there. Going 10/24-10/31. Ideal I would like to go on 10/29. That is the night we are going to MNSSHP. What are the chances of be being able to walk up from breakfast that morning or be there right when they open for dinner at 5 that evening and getting in. Or do you think when I check in on the 24th they might be able to help me get in to eat there? We are a party of 3 which includes myself, DS13 and DS8months

Upgraded my next stay from a moderate resort (I love CBR and had planned on checking out the Royal Rooms at Port Orleans - Riverside) to deluxe - headed to the Contemporary! DH is getting burned out on Disney trips and wants to go elsewhere for our next few vacations (SADNESS), so he approved the splurge on this trip. Staying in the Tower, BLV, 9/23-9/29 - celebrating our anniversary and my impending grad school completion this fall!

I've been going through the pages, but I haven't read them all. Forgive me if this has been asked and answered before: is there any way in advance to request a king bed room over the two queens? Or are we at the mercy of the check-in gods? Thanks in advance.
Welcome to the thread, Lindsey! I'll add your dates to the Log-orail. There are two ways at CR to guarantee a king. All the Deluxe rooms in the GW have a king and some of the Tower Club standard rooms and suites. Otherwise, you'll need to add that request to your reservation. You can do this by calling the WDTC or by having your TA call for you. When you check-in, ask if they were able to get you a king. If they weren't, ask how soon one might be available.

We are 23 days away from our first stay at the Contemporary! Woohoo! Has anyone tried the waterskiing, tubing or parasailing? What about alligators? We want a fun - no park day. We never stay at our resort and thought we might do that, or head over the Fort Wilderness to explore, or both! :) Any suggestions/advice/reviews? TIA
We always rent Sea Raycers. Well, DD and I do, DH thinks they go too slowly. We love them and we go all over Bay Lake and 7SL and have a great time. Kids 12 and up and at least 5' tall can drive by themselves. They do go much slower with two in them so renting your own is ideal.

Hello everyone,

TIA

I don't recall Lactaid, only Pearl Soy Milk in April:

IMG_3059.jpg

The price wasn't marked on the Dasani:
IMG_3061.jpg

Other than a floor preference and perhaps requesting to be near the canal, not really.

Standard View rooms:

IMG_3021.JPG

IMG_3022.JPG

IMG_3023 4.10.06 PM.JPG

IMG_3024.jpg

So now that we are all booked at staying at CR, really want to do breakfast or dinner at Chef Mickeys but of course there is no availability the week we are there. Going 10/24-10/31. Ideal I would like to go on 10/29. That is the night we are going to MNSSHP. What are the chances of be being able to walk up from breakfast that morning or be there right when they open for dinner at 5 that evening and getting in. Or do you think when I check in on the 24th they might be able to help me get in to eat there? We are a party of 3 which includes myself, DS13 and DS8months
Unfortunately, your chances are very slim. You're only hope is probably to show-up prior to opening and ask for stand-by. I've heard of guests doing this at 'Ohana which is also always booked. CMs and even Club Level concierges can't get you an ADR that doesn't exist.

Does anyone know what brand the sleep sofa is? I'm wondering if it can be purchased somewhere. Thanks

I think that's a first! I have no idea, sorry. But, maybe someone who's there now will be able to check under the cushions for you.

I think that's a first! I have no idea, sorry. But, maybe someone who's there now will be able to check under the cushions for you.

Hahaha! My kids love the sleep sofa at BLT and I would like to replace the old sleep sofa at our cottage. I was thinking if anyone knew the brand, maybe I could buy one.

If anyone there could look for me, I would appreciate it :)

I would try to join a cancelled ADR thread for October. In the August thread that I followed, many folks cancelled CM reservations. You may get lucky.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter