Disney's CONTEMPORARY RESORT Information & Questions

We have never stayed at the CR before and we have a Garden Wing Garden View room booked. We are attending MNSSHP so the CR seems like the perfect place.

I think the CR is the perfect resort for attending events at MK :).

We are very excited about our MNSSHP trip!!

You are going to love it! The parties are a lot of fun :goodvibes.

So I am trying to work in a few days family time since ds will also we away at school next year. I tried December/January but everyones days didn't match up:rolleyes2

SO this morning I peeked and for 3 nights before my dd and I head to gf for our girls trip BLT 2br TPV opened up!!:yay:

Congrats on getting BLT :cool1::cool1:.

Some interior CR room photos taken last week.

Thanks for sharing all of your great pics, KOOK :flower3:.

VIEWS FROM BALCONY OF 4706/11TH FLOOR/SOUTH END - HIGHEST NON-CLUB LEVEL FLOOR:

Pretty views :).

I check into BLT on Thursday

Have a great trip :wizard:.

I'm glad everyone is enjoying the photos because I have more! The DIS is great for subjecting all of you to what family/non-Disneyphiles would never appreciate…like photos of cupcakes and bathrooms, (but not in the same frame, of course)…they just don't get it.

What did you think of the crab fritter at YS? I actually had it last time we were there. I thought it was so-so, but the stuff underneath was actually really good. It was a "wont order again" item though. Thanks for the rest of the review. I'll try to stick to the non-breakfasty items! Since we're doing the DX Dining Plan this trip (short trip and sig every night, plus actually trying CRT for the first time), it won't hurt as much when we've prepaid the bill already.

After hearing the description, we passed. I told the server that the thought of powdered sugar on an appetizer fritter sounded unappealing, especially along with The Charcuterie we ordered.

IMG_0334.JPG

It's one of those dishes that probably would have been great as a Flower & Garden snack kiosk item. You were brave to order it!

For the DxDP are you doing a TS breakfast and a two TS dinner? I've always planned it in my head that that would be the 'perfect' way, but we always use TiW so we never do the DDP.

So I am trying to work in a few days family time since ds will also we away at school next year. I tried December/January but everyones days didn't match up:rolleyes2

SO this morning I peeked and for 3 nights before my dd and I head to gf for our girls trip BLT 2br TPV opened up!!:yay:

We love that room and have never been able to find TPV! I am just not telling DH. If I tell him in advance he always says no but once summer actually here and he thinks about both kids being away it should be an easy sell;)

So add me KOOK 8/13-16 BLT! party:T

That sounds terrific and the views from those floor-ceiling windows are amazing.

Hi KOOK! Thanks for all the recent photos. I check into BLT on Thursday and we were wanting to use the gym at CR in the mornings. Was the gym ever busy?
I was there every morning around 6:15-7 and then I would head outside to jog. During that time, at most there was one other person, sometimes I was the only person. But, after 7, guests started coming in and one morning when I was leaving, 3/4 treadmills were taken. I think the peak vacation gym hours are around 7-9.

Kook you are killing me!!' Wish I was there NOW!!!

I need a cupcake from Contempo too! No pics of food??!!

Hehe, I think I have one or two of those:scratchin

We are planning March 2016 return and I was leaning towards Poly next trip but these pics reminded me how much we loved the CR this year!!! so maybe a return there or try BLT!!! the lake view is the most peaceful relaxing view in the world :)
Between the three, for a family, I would highly recommend BLT. So much room, W/D, two bathrooms, gorgeous views.

Let's start out today at the Contempo Cafe, and I'm not messing around, we're going right to cupcakes:

CINDERELLA CUPCAKE: WHITE CAKE WITH VANILLA BUTTERCREAM. FONDANT WAS OF COURSE TASTELESS, (MARZIPAN WOULD HAVE BEEN GREAT), BUT IT LOOKED PERFECT NONETHELESS.
IMG_0318.JPG

CARROT CAKE WITH PINEAPPLE COCONUT 'INFUSION.' I THOUGHT A CREAM CHEESE FILLING ADDED TO THIS WOULD HAVE MADE IT A TAD LESS DRY, BUT IT WAS SO CUTE.
IMG_0462.jpg

IMG_0461.JPG

WORMS AND DIRT. NO "MUD"/PUDDING IN THE MIDDLE THOUGH.
IMG_0463.jpg

IMG_2965.JPG

IMG_2970.JPG

IMG_2966.jpg

IMG_2967.JPG

IMG_2969.JPG

IMG_2968.JPG

Oh, people have been asking about things to do when staying at GF. I recommend the newly named "cupcake crawl:tiptoe:". Ride the monorail or boats and try a cupcake at each quick service restaurant of the mono resorts. I wouldn't leave out WL if you have time too.;)

I'm glad everyone is enjoying the photos because I have more!

Keep them coming! Disney pics never get old :goodvibes.

Let's start out today at the Contempo Cafe, and I'm not messing around, we're going right to cupcakes:

CINDERELLA CUPCAKE: WHITE CAKE WITH VANILLA BUTTERCREAM. FONDANT WAS OF COURSE TASTELESS, (MARZIPAN WOULD HAVE BEEN GREAT), BUT IT LOOKED PERFECT NONETHELESS.
View attachment 88402

That looks so good ::yes::.

Oh, people have been asking about things to do when staying at GF. I recommend the newly named "cupcake crawl:tiptoe:". Ride the monorail or boats and try a cupcake at each quick service restaurant of the mono resorts. I wouldn't leave out WL if you have time too.;)

That's a great idea :thumbsup2.

Checking in on Saturday for one night…first time every for CL!!! Hoping the weather is great and can't wait for the monorail access and club offerings!

Have a great time :wizard:.

I am such a cupcake freak! Loving the pics...thanks for sharing!!!

Sooooo up for the challenge this summer...great idea Trish :cool1:[/QUOTE][/QUOTE]

Quick question....once you get off the boat from CR at Ft. Wilderness, how long of a walk is it to Trail's End? Our
arrival day dinner is there in 9 days and just trying to get an idea of time, thanks!

Great idea! But my eyes are always bigger than my stomach when it comes to those sugary devils.

Checking in on Saturday for one night…first time every for CL!!! Hoping the weather is great and can't wait for the monorail access and club offerings!
Have fun and let us know how you liked it.

Keep them coming! Disney pics never get old :goodvibes.
Then it's more CR photos to come:)

I am such a cupcake freak! Loving the pics...thanks for sharing!!!

You're welcome!

Quick question....once you get off the boat from CR at Ft. Wilderness, how long of a walk is it to Trail's End? Our
arrival day dinner is there in 9 days and just trying to get an idea of time, thanks!
You can see TE from the dock. At a very leisurely pace it's maybe 3 minutes.

Great idea! But my eyes are always bigger than my stomach when it comes to those sugary devils.

Have fun and let us know how you liked it.

Then it's more CR photos to come:)

You're welcome!

You can see TE from the dock. At a very leisurely pace it's maybe 3 minutes.

Awesome! Thank you!

We love that room and have never been able to find TPV! I am just not telling DH. If I tell him in advance he always says no but once summer actually here and he thinks about both kids being away it should be an easy sell;)
So add me KOOK 8/13-16 BLT! party:
Bumping

Should not have posted while you getting your pixie dust fix! lol!

The bathroom next to the Sand Bar does have a shower…well, at least the women's does:

IMG_3004.jpg

IMG_3002.jpg

IMG_3003.jpg

IMG_3007.JPG

This is a very nice ping-pong table and while we were there, Randy made a point of asking that better balls be ordered. He has a great attention to detail. The cart was only there because it was very early and the CM was watering the plants.
IMG_3016.JPG

CR BAY LAKE OR BULLSEYE POOL AT SUNRISE:
IMG_3010.JPG

IMG_3013.JPG

IMG_3011.JPG

IMG_3012.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks for more pics Kook but they're making me wish I was back there now :sad1:!

As for the ping pong table...DH & I stumbled on it when we were exploring the resort on our solo visit last October and ended up playing quite a few "friendly" games. We really had such a blast on that trip and can't wait to go back in August with our girls...hoping they like it as much as we did!

Kook, this last batch of pics are my fav. I spend a lot of time at the pool and beach area. I think its one of the best kept secrets of the deluxe hotels.

A nice drink on the beach then a quick dip in the hot tub:cloud9: then a splash in one of the few remaining deep pools(I have to stand on toes in center)!

Thanks for more pics Kook but they're making me wish I was back there now :sad1:!

As for the ping pong table...DH & I stumbled on it when we were exploring the resort on our solo visit last October and ended up playing quite a few "friendly" games. We really had such a blast on that trip and can't wait to go back in August with our girls...hoping they like it as much as we did!

There is a ping pong table inside the "C" at BLT as well. DH and DD had themselves a grand time once we discovered it.

Loving all the pics!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter